[ONE] The Pumpkin Cauldron

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

[ONE] The Pumpkin Cauldron

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:23 am

Modern day Los Angeles has become infested with Witches from all around the globe. As they delve on a quest to acquire the Pumpkin Cauldron. A Grimoire of old magic. In Witch folklore, the Pumpkin Cauldron is said to be able to cure any curse and incantation cast onto any being or item with no cost. With such an ability, it's no surprise that many witches have gathered in the place believed to be the last sighting of it. Hungry for its power this quest has led many of the witches to turn on each other. All happening while in the shadows of society. As even to this day humans fear witches and for good cause! In the past they've used their powers for malicious and mischievous acts! The Pumpkin Cauldron is not excluded.

With the sudden spike in population, it hadn't been long until their enemies took interest. Phantoms as they're called. Beings with a strange origin having a peculiar liking to the taste of Witch-Flesh. With the ability to steal the abilities and appearance of any Witch they devour. Phantoms have always been their natural enemy, even before humankind.

For some, this is the perfect opportunity for a feast...

-----

The Magical World of Witchcraft

The world of Witchcraft is well hidden from the eyes of humans. Ensuring that no one "undesired" learn of their existence. Only a human who has been Thrall'd or by certain circumstances will ever know of their existence. Being a plethora of shops and other locations that appear as regular establishments, they harbor certain services to other Witches.

Some being popular sites to humans, yet right under the nose.

Who and What are Witches?
Witches are simply humans with the ability to use magic. Casting spells and curses. Crafting potions and enchanted artifacts. Witches live as long as the normal human life span(with the exception of certain artifacts granting eternal life). All are born. Some unlock the ability to use magic early in life while others discover their powers much later. Once unlocked, a Witch will immediately know how her powers work and their limitations. This also includes the ability to create and command Thralls.

What are Thralls?

Thralls are eternal servants. Being the medium of a curse, in which marks their servitude to that individual witch. It applies when the the Thralls Mark is placed. Placing a 'Thralls Mark' is rather easy, since no rule nor condition has to be met other than physical contact. The mark acts not only as a tracking device but a collar; every Witch has their own unique Thrall Mark, which allow differentiation of others. In primitive times, a Witch could command a Thralls every whim through it. As man began to evolve, the effect of the mark reduced to a point where only very select basic and simple commands can be followed. Very often Thralls are used as bodyguards. A portion of magical power is invested into a Thrall, allowing them to adopt an ability of their own. However there are some rules and conditions both need to keep in mind:

*If the Witch dies, the Thrall follows. If the Thrall dies, the power invested in them will remain forever lost.
*If a Thrall kills their master, the witch can use the Thralls soul and resurrect once.
*If at least 90% of a witches magical power is imbued into a Thrall before death, they can use the Thralls soul and resurrect once.
*A Thralls curse is the only known curse that can only be lifted by the Pumpkin Cauldron.

The Story
The story can take many different routes. A tale of a Witch and her Thrall. A tale of a pair or multiple witches. All trying to find the Pumpkin Cauldron before their enemies can. The overall feel of the RP is a bit more action-y, and very inspired by the Shonen genre. Battling against other Witches and Phantoms along the way; and facing other obstacles that may present themselves.

For a partner I'd like someone who pushes and pulls the story. Whom communicates different ideas and possibilities. Someone who is flexible and contributes every step of the way, with me. It's a very open-ended story line so there's a place for so many ideas and routes.

Rules
1)Following all the rules of the Intermediate section and RPF is a must. I'm not gonna negotiate about the vital rules that everyone is expected to follow.
2)No OP characters, meta-gaming, blah-blah.
3)Have fun.
---

Jhibus
Bronze

Re: [ONE] The Pumpkin Cauldron

Post by Jhibus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Ahegao Woody the Witch better not appear ever
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm interested. Could it be a witch and her thrall and my character be the thrall?

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Jhibus wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm
Ahegao Woody the Witch better not appear ever
No comment.

No promises.

;)

@Saheen

Sure thing!

Like I said before that was always a possibility!

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Cool. I would love to do this. It will also be the first time I get to share an RP with you. What kind of CS would you like me to follow?

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:28 am

https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10240

Made a dedicated Character Sheet thread for you.

Should make organization for things easier, especially with new characters(which I have a lot of by the way)

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 am

So I noticed the thrall sheet and saw a power section. What type of powers can they have then? Also, the rules for thralls.... Witches can resurrect themselves via thrall. Does that mean the thrall dies?

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:47 am

1) I don't have any restrictions or limitations so long as nothings too powerful or borked.

2)Basically yes, the Thrall dies. Basically sacrificing them for resurrection.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:36 am

Okay. That's what I thought. I'll have one up in the morning hopefully.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 am

No need to rush, I ain't got plans