G.A.T.E.S Academy (reboot)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Chewable_tablets

Re: G.A.T.E.S Academy (reboot)

Post by Chewable_tablets » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 pm

Name: Damien Osborne

Time spent at G.A.T.E.S: 1 year

Appearance: Damien is a pale skinned boy with a moderately athletic build. He stands at 5’10” (178 cm) currently. His straight hair is pure white while his eyes are a bright blue, both appropriate colors for his power. At a glance, one can tell that Damien always has a strained expression and demeanor. He is normally seeing plain clothes with little color in them. Baggy pants and loose shirts are common.

Personality: Simply put, Damien is more of a recluse than anything. He mostly keeps to himself whenever he is not spoken to. This is mostly due to fear of what would happen if he were to speak out willingly. He was not always like this, but this way was forced into him by the administration of G.A.T.E.S. In normal circumstances when he provides input or response, he is soft spoken and simple with his wording. When situations are more serious, though, his mannerisms and speech are direct and perhaps even threatening on occasion. Damien currently has trust issues, so it is not uncommon for him to come off across as rude. Due to his status before he had his power, he can handle himself physically. His intelligence is pretty much average, so ideas and plans that he has are often simple or flawed in some way.

Song: Foreigner - Cold as Ice

Power: Damien is able to rapidly decrease the temperature of moisture in the air or water to form ice in an instant. This ability can be used to simply lower the temperature of objects he makes contact with. Due to the nature of this power, if there is no moisture in the air, ice can not be formed. Also, a lack of training mixed with abuse while at G.A.T.E.S led to a side effect forming within Damien. He is normally resistant to his own power, however when he uses his it too much without break, his blood begins to freeze, leaving Damien in a weakened and suffering state for a few moments.

Relatives: None

Backstory: Damien was raised by a well-off family for his childhood and early teenage years. There was no better time in his life than this. He was taught morals, raised to have dreams and aspirations, and was shared many forms of entertainment by his parents. One of these forms of entertainment was music. Damien was introduced to his favorite song by his father while listening to the radio one morning. Slowly, he fell in love with the song. Earlier in his life, Damien had made it his dream to become and Olympic track runner. So, at the age of 14 he joined his high school track team. Whether he won or lost a race, he would listen to his favorite song to either cheer himself up or further his good mood. At 15, he had managed to participate in the chamiomship race. Nearing the end of it, he seemed unable to pass first place. That, is until something seemed to stop the girl in first dead in her tracks. Damien had won, but it was quickly discovered that the kid formerly on first place’s food was frozen to the track. Damien’s appearance had changed since the race had begun, too. His formerly black hair and brown eyes had switched to a pure white and bright blue respectively. For several weeks after the week, Damien’s parents were pressured by his high school administration for him to be sent off to G.A.T.E.S, claiming that he was currently a danger to the staff and other students. Eventually, his parents had to give in and sent Damien to G.A.T.E.S Academy. Also believing him to be a potential danger to staff, Damien was immediately subjected to some of the worst treatment G.A.T.E.S had to offer. His previously extraodinary athletic body had been partially lost, his personality greatly shifted, and his power’s potential had been suppressed. Damien was now a prisoner of G.A.T.E.S Academy.

Other: His breath is so cold that it can be seen in any environment or temperature.
Last edited by Chewable_tablets on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’m bored

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:17 pm

fwhehehe excellent, one more person to add to J.J's notes on the students strengths and weaknesses. *insert evil face here*
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:10 pm

I like all of them so far, I should post mine but I have work soon ;-;
Don’t hold your breath for me
But watching you turn blue would be comforting

Volxcord

Post by Volxcord » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 am

Name: Ace Lancaster

Time spent at G.A.T.E.S: two years

Appearance: it isn't unusual for others to say he has a somewhat nice looking face from afar. Yet once you're close enough, you can easily spot his sleep deprived eyes, bags under both. Ace's skin is a slightly darker shade of what is described as "fair skin. " Not caramel, but somewhere right in the middle. His hair is naturally straight, full of tons of thick, black hair. Neck length (I don't know how to describe it well enough for it to make sense.), he could say. He's not much of a person who knows hairstyle names. He doesn't have a bang that covers his eye, it's more like if you were to flip it back a bit. It's still there but not in the face. His eyes are a cobalt, gray color. Pretty dull and not much of a beautiful, gracious sight to stare at. Ace reaches approximately five foot nine with a lean yet skinny build. He normally wears more fitting clothing, or sometimes just sweatpants. But usually he wears a black, turtleneck sweater with tight, dark gray skinny jeans, and black vans.

https://goo.gl/images/yFE5v3 (An idea on how he looks)

Personality : Ace isn't much of a very sociable teen, nor a very introverted. Ambivert is the perfect word. He can easily talk to people he doesn't know, yet he comes off blunt and very sarcastic. Snide remarks aren't strangers from his mouth, more like best friends for ten years. He's also quite smart, aced majority of his classes though his years of schooling (he sucked at history for many years until he decided to get his butt into gear and actually study). His head is always open to new ideas, considering how he always wonders how things work and different plans for different situations. Ace is calm during stressful and unknown situations. Fear isn't something that pulls him back, more like it pushes him to do something about a situation.

Song: Tidal Wave (Chase Atlantic)

Power: Hydrokinesis

Back story: His parents never seemed to care too much for him. Sure they fed him and kept him alive (sort of), but they never payed much attention to him. Neglected really. Of course it bothered him, he needed his father to encourage him at times, and his mother to help him through the mixed emotions he would feel. And that's where his independence and slightly cold demeanor came from. He didn't like talking to many people, they'd always get up in his personal life and his thoughts. It annoyed the crap out of him. The rest of his preteen years were the same, but once he was thirteen something... strange happened.

Ace was busy walking home from a stressful day at his broken down, cheap school. It was raining at the time, not heavily, but a slight drizzle. As a normal basic adolescent he was, he had his ear buds placed sloppily in his ears listening to his calm, relaxing playlist on Spotify. After about three songs, his commonly replayed song, Tidal Wave, came on. Obviously he can't dance freely out in the open, so he was just nodding his head and moving his hand to the flow of the song. The rain came hurdling down from the contaminated sky.

He stopped in his tracks and quickly shoved his phone in his pocket to keep it from the becoming the new toy for his destructive cat. He kinda just stood there bewildered. At first he thought it was just normal for rain to change like that. But instead of just accepting that idea, he played around with another one. He snapped his finger swiftly, making the rain stop within seconds. His excitement and curiosity exploded in his expanding mind, but he decided for the best to not play around with his new found power. After discovering he new powers, the following three years he had figured out how to control his power. Writing down notes on how it works and the effects it has on his body.

For example, he excretes a lot of sweat after a period of time using his powers, and he suffers from severe dehydration if he uses his powers too much than needed. He always carries bottles of water in a backpack, hydrating himself every thirty minutes to an hour. It also didn't take too long for his parents to soon get arrested for child neglect, and his father for child abuse. (Incidents started occurring when he was eleven and didn't stop til a month before he was arrested). He was stuck living with a close by relative. Not that he hated her, his aunt, but she was the laziest person he's met during his years of being conceived. Another year had past in a blink of an eye. Ace being fifteen years old and attending a better school. But you know, life hasn't really been treating him well at all.

His aunt Christine had received a call from an administrator from an Academy called "G.A.T.E.S Academy." It was a long conversation between the two, and soon the phone was handed to Ace. He became skeptical of the information he was given. He asked many questuons; none were really answered. Yet after about an hour on the phone, he finally accepted the request to attend the academy. He was the least still unsure about what he was getting into, but atleast he could have a better life.

Other: •Ace is exceptional at Dance Dance Revolution.
•He killed all of his pet fishes because he always said negative comments about his fish to them.
•He hates being touched unexpectedly by people, even if they were close.
•He uses his fingers to excrete water like a water fountain instead of using a water bottle now. (Found it more convenient )
• also he can force the natural water in a person's body to forcefully come up and suffocate, but it leads to him being in a hospital bed for a few days. So he never uses his power like that anymore. (He has used it on one person and almost died from his young, developing body.
Last edited by Volxcord on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:49 am

Hmm fire, water, ice and jinxes so far interesting

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:36 pm

I’ll post my cs here in a sec since I don’t work today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:49 pm

CS

Name: Keith Wilson

Time spent: 4 years, 6 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 15 hours, and 27 minutes. Not like he counts every miserable minute of it.

Appearance: Image
5’11 thin build

Personality: Keith actually does not give one singular shit. If they are going to force him to live here, they play by his rules and his alone. Like he would ever pay attention to these asshats anyway. Regardless of his less than stellar reputation, he’s really nice. No, really. Just not to the douche fucks keeping him prisoner here. Maybe that’s why his profile paints him like the actual antichrist. He doesn’t take it personally, he knows he’s a prick.

For the most part, the other students seem to like Keith. Maybe they are just being nice, but Keith likes to think all people act the way they feel just like he does. He’s very honest with everyone except himself. He doesn’t like to admit that he has a problem, rather it be his drug use or eating disorder. He acts like he has it all under control. He doesn’t.

Keith really does care what people think about him. He wants the staff to think he’s a force to be reckoned with, while he wants the other students to think he’s a good person. These can often conflict. Sometimes the staff will catch him being sweet to another student, or a student will catch him physically fighting staff. He tries to manage this as easily as possible, but it’s hard. He really wants people to like him, but the staff fucks that up frequently.

Keith misses being outside of the school. He misses his friends. Thank fuck for the internet. The most he can get outside is cracking a window. They would kill him before letting him outside. Last time he left ended in a two week long man hunt. He could have lasted longer, but he didn’t bring enough money with him. Leave it to Keith to spend all his money on drugs before making an escape. They found him sitting in his bed like he never left.

Song: Weak by AJR

Power: Keith can make it impossible for someone to say no to something. Of course, it can’t be something they would never do, it needs to be an option in their brain, at least a little bit.

Relatives(If in RP): N/A

Backstory: Keith grew up in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Miami. However to afford this his parents worked nonstop, leaving Keith neglected. He never really got attention as a kid from anyone except his older sister, whose bad choices rubbed off on him, leaving him to start drinking at age 11 and smoking weed at 12. Not like his parents noticed, they were busy. In his time at G.A.T.E.S his drug addiction escalated into acid and cocaine.

As Keith grew he developed a love for music. He also discovered he could get whatever he wanted. He had such good luck with grades and such. He even got into a club once. He wasn’t really a fan, which his sister thought was weird because most middle school boys would love being able to get into a strip club. It just wasn’t his thing. He never thought the music had anything to do with this luck until they got the letter. He immediately hated himself. He had manipulated people. How could he? As soon as he turned 13, he was locked in here.

Keith never liked it here. He’s gotten out multiple times and if the school didn’t know he had contact to the outside world he’d be dead. Instead he has a microchip, like a dog, that they can use to track him with. Right between his shoulder blades is a large scar where it was placed haphazardly.

Other: IM SO EXCITED I FOUND A BETTER PICTURE FOR KEITH IT TOOK HOURS BUT IT WAS WORTH IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by databaseoverload on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felilynn

Post by felilynn » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:48 am

OMGI love that song! I even considered using but I'm not that creative so I ended up not using it >_>

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:16 am

Hmm well this is an interesting team

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Bump