[Req][Sci] De-Synced

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Kali

[Req][Sci] De-Synced

Post by Kali » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:59 am

About five years ago, a virtual reality game known as Crystal Quest became a huge hit. The Technology essentially projected the player's mind into the game by converting it to data. It had been tested for many years before release, to ensure its complete safety, as well as various fail-safes in case something happened. One of these fail-safes in place was if the servers crashed while players were inside, the data would be sent to the log-out server, where the players could safely logout. Any mishaps while using the system, were easily fixed, and no one was harmed.

Recently, though... something major happened. During regular play hours, a number of players had their Data split from their headsets, and consequentially, their bodies. Their character data was separated from their headsets, giving them no way to logout as the system saw them as a part of the game, and no longer as players. A complete De-Sync had never happened before, and there was no way for the game masters and devs to find the players outside of the game. They needed to get inside and locate them personally, and preserve their data. The Devs believe that prolonged time within the game while de-synced, as well as dying and respawning, would start to corrupt their data. Meanwhile, they have to also find out what exactly happened, to make sure it doesn't happen again. The game is currently shut-down for 'Maintenance', with the servers only accessible to the devs and the players who have gone missing within the game.

Alright. I know, EXTREMELY Crappy introduction to a concept. My mind wasn't cooperating with me while I was trying to explain everything and try to make it sound good in the process. So basically, while it is a trapped-in-game type setting, death isn't the end. It's a race against the clock and corruption. Now, that clock is naturally going relatively slow, with deaths only jumping it up a little bit. I have some ideas on why it happened, and the reasoning, but haven't gotten a definitive idea yet.

The team sent in to find the players, are playable as well as the players trapped in it. If anyone has any ideas, or anything to add, and whatnot, let me know.
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

Kali

Re: [Req][Sci] De-Synced

Game information

The world of Aegion is in trouble.

Since their defeat hundreds of years ago at the hands of Mysterica - the Goddess of the Worlds, the evil gods have finally regained enough strength to appoint Avatars who were the mortal representatives for themselves. Mysterica was still recovering from the centuries long battle over Aegion and could not defend herself against the Avatars. Her soul was shattered, taking the form of shimmering black crystal shards and being scattered across the world.

The Avatars search for the Crystal Shards, killing all who oppose them. They are tasked with the revival of their gods, the Destroyers, and sacrifice any being with magical potential, in order to transfer their energy into their gods.

The Shards, now dormant, are the key to the Guardian's revival. The Queen of Aegion has asked you to find them.

Can you find all ten Shards before the Avatars do?

Welcome to Crystal Quest!
Indulge yourself in a world like no other.
  • With our diverse ability and racial features, you can be whatever you wish to be; whether it is a fairy sorcerer who wields a great sword, or a centaur rogue who used magic to pick locks and purses.
  • Create or join a guild and fight along side your comrades in arms and save Aegion together! Our Guild System comes with h a variety of perks, including special banners and mounts just for guild members! Each guild is given a plot of land in which they can build their own base.
  • Each player gets a plot in our residential area, where they can build their own house along with crafting stations or even farms!
  • Our complex crafting system has an easy to use interface. Craft you own equipment, or improve the ones you get, change the look of your equipment, cook and eat food to regain health and get special buffs, research and develop your own spells and techniques, and even run your own farm!
  • Say goodbye to Fetch Quests and Kill Quests! Dynamic quests ensure that no one gets bored of the same quests over and over again. Every day will bring about new quests!
  • Serverwide Quests will be available to every player, regardless of level! These quests are a one time deal, and when the server completes it, it goes down in history along with those who participated!
  • Advanced Entity AI, memory system, and spawning will make you friends and enemies within Aegion. No more monster spawn camping. You will have to search for them, and they will remember the last time you killed their kind. If you aren't careful, they could come after YOU.
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

Kali

General Rules
  1. Everything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
  2. Everything I say is law, and I get the final word.
  3. Don't argue with me over my rulings. Whatever I say goes, and arguing will get you kicked out. It only shows that you are incapable of following what I have in mind. If I have an issue with something, I will say so.
  4. Keep curse words to a minimal. Don't overdo it.
RP Rules
  1. This is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
  2. No God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
  3. No permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
  4. No Metagaming. In case you don't know this term, it means do not use RPer knowledge to influence your characters. Your character does not automatically know what you do, so don't have them act as such. This is something that really bugs me, and I WILL say something if a character unrealistically knows something when they gave no reason as to how they know it.
  5. EVERYONE must take part in the main storyline. I will give people freedom, until I hit the big ol' red PLOT button.
  6. Romance is ok, but if I see people neglecting the rp just to get with someone, I WILL hit the PLOT button, and you won't like it at all.
Please add "I have read the rules and I accept them" at the beginning of your profile to show you have read them. Thank you.

Kali

Reserved for Player CS

Kali

Real Persona
Name:
Dev Username:
In Game Username: (Used when not acting as dev)
Specialty:
Part of the game most worked on:
Appearance:

Game Persona
Character Name:
Character Class:
Character Abilities: (these are supposed to be OP, since the character is a Game Master character)
Special Weapon: (One uber weapon)
Dev Tools: (these can have any appearance that you choose, and you can have ones not listed, but these are standard for the team)
  • Diagnostic Scanner
  • Anomaly Detector
  • Data Stabilizer
  • Master Key
Appearance:

Kali

Post by Kali » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:05 am

Reserved for extra info

Trashler

Post by Trashler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:54 am

Interesting. I'll see what I can do.
MYAAAH

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:58 pm

You still recruiting. This is one of the fewer trapped in game things that sounds interesting. And the fact that we start out with a character that have already played for a while makes it all the more interesting.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 am

I am also interested in this. count me in
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim