[Req][F] The Curse of Moonacre

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Kali

[Req][F] The Curse of Moonacre

Post by Kali » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:14 am

Once upon a perfect time, many hundreds of years ago when the old magic clung to Moonacre Valley, there was a young woman who's skin gleamed as pale as a star, and who's heart was as pure as moonlight. Such was her bravery and goodness, she was beloved by nature as if she were its own daughter. One fateful night, the moon blessed her with an extraordinary gift that would change the magic of the valley forever. The Moon Pearls. from that day forth, she was known as the Moon Princess.

Two ancient families lived in harmony at the edge of the valley, sharing nature's bounty. Daughter of the De Noir clan, the Moon Princess fell deeply in love and was to be married to Sir Rolf Merryweather. Her father, Sir William De Noir, blessed the union of the couple with a rare, black lion. In turn, Sir Rolf gave his bride a Unicorn, lured from the wild white horses of the sea. Her heart overflowing with happiness, the Moon Princess revealed the magical powers to both families. Legend told of their unique power. So strong, the pearls would grant every wish, both good and evil.

The Moon Princess truly believed in the goodness of all, but the men soon revealed the greed that was in their hearts, each desperate to claim the power of the pearls for themselves. Betrayed by those she loved the most, the Moon Princess unleashed the power that was bestowed upon her, and cast a terrifying curse over them all.

"Hear me! You have spurned the gifts of nature and you shall suffer for it! Nature will wreak her revenge and put a curse upon this valley! One day a pure heart will walk among you and if she is not heard, when the five thousandth moon rises from the sea, this valley will be plunged into eternal darkness!"

The Moon Pearls and the Moon Princess vanished that day, and where to find them remained a secret. Now, the Five Thousandth moon is nearing and the curse has taken its toll on both families.

The De Noirs live in a small city and fort in the forest, and have been reduced to mere bandits, while the Merryweather family has been reduced to a small remaining number living in the Moonacre mansion, which is falling apart.

It is up to a new Moon Princess to save Moonacre Valley before it is plunged into darkness forever. The previous ones had been left unheard, but can she succeed where the others have failed?
A sound Soul dwells within a sound Mind and a sound Body.

Kali

Re: [Req][F] The Curse of Moonacre

Post by Kali » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:15 am

General Rules
  • 1) Everything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
  • 2) Everything I say is law, and I get the final word.
  • 3) Don't argue with me over my rulings. Whatever I say goes, and arguing will get you kicked out. It only shows that you are incapable of following what I have in mind. If I have an issue with something, I will say so.
  • 4) Keep curse words to a minimal, though I'd prefer you to not curse at all.
RP Rules
  • 1) This is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
  • 2) No God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
  • 3) No permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
  • 4) No Metagaming. In case you don't know this term, it means do not use RPer knowledge to influence your characters. Your character does not automatically know what you do, so don't have them act as such. This is something that really bugs me, and I WILL say something if a character unrealistically knows something when they gave no reason as to how they know it.
  • 5) EVERYONE must take part in the main storyline. I will give people freedom, until I hit the big ol' red PLOT button.
  • 6) Romance is ok, but if I see people neglecting the rp just to get with someone, I WILL hit the PLOT button, and you won't like it at all.
Please add "I have read the rules and I accept them" at the beginning of your profile to show you have read them. Thank you.

Kali

Post by Kali » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:15 am

Merryweather Profile Form
Name:
Location: (Moonacre Manor or elsewhere. If Manor, state East or West wing, First floor or second floor. If elsewhere, state where)
Place in Family: (Head of family, or if not head of family, what is the relation to head)
Attitude towards the DeNoirs:
Special Skills:
Appearance:

Kali

Post by Kali » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:16 am

DeNoir Profile Form
Name:
Location: (DeNoire Fort, DeNoire City, Moonacre Forest or elsewhere. If Forest, stay where you live in the forest. If elsewhere, state where)
Place in Family: (Head of family, or if not head of family, what is the relation to head)
Attitude towards the Merryweathers:
Special Skills:
Appearance:

The DeNoir's are mostly ruffians and bandits