[HLP] Intermediate Training Needed

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

MistyFlames

[HLP] Intermediate Training Needed

Post by MistyFlames » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi, Misty here. I've been thinking about joining intermediate for a while now but feel that I need a little more training to get my posts to the point where they are acceptable for the intermediate section. If anyone would perhaps be willing to do a 1x1 or a group rp and/or help me a bit with this, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Halien

Re: Intermediate Training Needed

Post by Halien » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:05 am

Hey Misty,

Don't know if you still need help with anything, but if you do, then please just respond to this.

I've already subscribed to this thread so it'll be easy for me to respond to you.
The God of Chaos stepped down...millions of lives changed.

Nukoduke

Post by Nukoduke » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello!
Apparently.. I am an Intermediate. I'd love to train you if you want any! I believe it'd be fun to 'train' you. So, yeah.. Just, respond to me, or PM me, or whatever you find comfortable.
Intermediate is honestly pretty comfortable, and really fun! It relies on a lot of typing, which I slowly developed, and had no training.. ^^; But, if you can type fast, that makes it even better, and faster. But, really, tbh, it doesn't really matter much. So, just be comfortable with what you do.
I'm honestly just blabbing now, PM me, or respond to me if you want more details.

-Savy Rose
"As she sat down, sobbed, and regretted. Inside of that, small, bird cage."

MistyFlames

Post by MistyFlames » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Yay! People willing to help me! Anyways, Whoever wants to, I was thinking about doing an rp, onexone or group, to bring my posts up to an acceptable level as mentioned in my first post. Um.. let's see... I usually stick to fantasy rp wise and am pretty terrible at any kind of romance but I'm open to anything really. I just have trouble getting my posts past some five or six sentences most of the time or sometimes even past three or four. So anyways, thanks for showing interest in helping me and if you still want to, go ahead and tell me I guess and we can work something out.

Halien

Post by Halien » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:27 pm

What you need is a bunch of descriptors.

Also, I really enjoy fantasy rps as well, I am also not half bad at romance. Though I typically play female characters, especially weird since i'm a guy. (I blame Skyrim!)

Anyways, when writing a post use some sort of format like this:

(1-3 sentences) description of setting, what character is doing

(1-5 sentences) description of character themself, only for first post or when something drastic happens

some speech

character's thoughts

(1-3 sentences) What character decides to do

(1-5 sentences) character doing what they decided to do

Or something like that, let me know if this helps you at all. :)
The God of Chaos stepped down...millions of lives changed.

Annasiel

Post by Annasiel » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:16 am

I wanted to add, it can help to use description redundantly. A lot of people, myself included, might accidentally skip a key phrase or adjective when reading too quickly.

Instead of:

"She ran her finger along her sickle blade,"

Try:

"She ran her finger along her sickle blade, nail tracing an arc down the crescent-shaped edge."

This forces the mind to take in the full imagery, aiding immersiveness and post length as well.
To bear the chill of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips.