[OOC] Adventurer's Quest: Sardastia's Tales

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Guntra

Re: [OOC] Adventurer's Quest: Sardastia's Tales

Post by Guntra » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:30 pm

Northern towns are more conservative towards their citizens and while there's no town that's outright xenophobic, there may be passive aggressiveness around the more remote towns up north. We're talking about a world that has been united under a single banner but is on the brim of shattering. The current state of affairs on Sardastia has worsened these behaviors.

The passive aggressiveness may include go-slow stuff, refusal to do certain services/sell certain items, etc, etc.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:14 am

Woo! I passed with a 90.33% grade on my thesis! I'll be on more now!
Huh, the world sounds okay then, any fantastic creatures I need to worry about? And if there will be a need to fight, Roland carries a sword, but he can also augment himself with potions and such as he's an accomplished alchemist, from itching powder to night vision potions, he can make it all.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Guntra

Post by Guntra » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:53 am

Congratulations, man! :D

Yeah, but as I said it's pretty fragile. People, while not entirely willing to overturn their government, are unhappy. You know what happens to unhappy populations after a while. As for fantastic creatures, on the east, not really. Just wildlife, the biggest thing you can encounter is a charging moose on mating season. Haven't populated the rest of the world as of yet, I'll probs add some strange stuff and a legendary beast, though.

Guntra

Post by Guntra » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:09 pm

Alright folks, more exposition:

The Windgard Association

To understand the Windgard Association we must first understand magic in Sardastia. Sardastia isn't a world very well connected to the magic realm, but there are practicioners. In the times before the Imperium, three select people followed the arcane arts. These people from then on out were named Arch-Mages Konosuba fans rejoice. Each art was different from the other. First and foremost, there was the art of Destruction. Able to decimate armies ranging the hundreds with fiery spells and explosive conjurations, even mountains bowed to this mage. Next up is the art of Illusion. While not as direct as the art of Destruction, this art based itself off of on delusions and the frail mind of the normal person. Able to create fake imagery to trick the brain, create an army from nothing or grow specific or various individuals insane with auditory illusions, the master of Illusion is no less powerful than the master of Destruction. Finally, there's the art of Nature. The power of water, life and strength. Either shaving off wounds out of thousands of soldiers at once or strengthening their will and power, the arch-mage of Nature can perform miracles. Although, Nature does have a few offensive powers. Whether to turn the ground into encumbering mud or flooding plains with immense with turbulent waters, Nature can unleash its wrath pretty well.

Now, in the world before the appearance of the Imperium, four main factions and their leaders battled for the title of Emperor of Sardastia. These factions, Greenville, Moiyera, the Savenos (these eventually became known as the Imperials) and the Plemians, all battled for land. And to gain any sort of foothold on their enemies, they've sought help from these great magicians. Greenville snatched the Arch-Mage of Illusion, the Savenos manage to convert the Arch-Mage of Destruction all the while the Arch-Mage of Nature settled with the Plemians. Moiyera, the unlucky faction without a mage, tried to compensate for the lack of magic with machinery. They were the main faction to advance a lot technologically, providing great inventions of war such as the Matchlock Rifle, the gunpowder driven Bombard Cannon and, to combine it all, a steam-powered tank. Even though their inventions were noteworthy, they still took major losses and were eventually erradicated as the Greenville moved onto their lands. Technologies like the Matchlock Rifle were eventually sent out, but more technologically advanced materials were abandoned as their practicioners and researchers were slain in the invasive process.

In any case, the Arch-Mages marched with their respective armies against the other factions and single handedly swept battlefields aside, killing hundreds if not thousands in every battle. Nature was the first one to notice this and regretted it immensely. He called upon his different art brothers to call it a truce and to write a deal with them. With this meeting, the Windgard Association was born.

In this Association, started by the three arch-mages, they've agreed to never raise a staff against one another and to isolate themselves off into wooden hermitages, where they were forced to succeed their powers and magic through the way of Sole Succession. This meant that while they could train any desired amount of disciples in their arts, only one student could inherit the art and the other disciples, if any, must have their magic capabilities sealed (read: killed).

After a while, the mages fell silent. No longer did they respond to call to arms and no longer did they leave their abodes. Many people assumed their powers were gone and they were keeping through the Windgard Association's terms. Although there goes a rumour, while not very plausible and usually laughed off as a a "conspiracy theory", that they have retreated into a common hidden city. From there they invited the high governors of the factions (and that some still hold power in this very day) and directed the flow of battles from there.

Guntra

Post by Guntra » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:45 am

Also I should add that not everyone is required to know that info. Maybe the rumour, but i thought i'd write its actual definition here.

Guntra

Post by Guntra » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Another note folks: I'm making up a map of Sardastia, but I'm not happy with the current sketch. Once I can I'll print it out and post it here.

Archer_Algren

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Okay, you do thay, I'll post after I see it.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Guntra

Post by Guntra » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:36 am

Sorry again for the hiatus, here's the map. I took an abnormal amount of time to set this up with several discarded sketches and it doesn't even look good, goddamn lol. Anyways, it should give us a general idea of Sardastia.
Attachments
Sardastia Map V6.png
Sardastia's Overview
Sardastia Map V6.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 249 times

Guntra

Post by Guntra » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:05 pm

addendum: I'd like to apologize for the go-slow of this RP. Weekdays are a bit tough for me, and I should've mentioned that earlier in the original REQ post. Once more, sorry about all of this, I'm sure you'd all like a faster paced RP.

ChibiViolet

Post by ChibiViolet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:42 pm

It's fine Guntra, as long as there is a roleplay going, I'm fine.
We're all in the same game just different levels.
Dealing with the same hell just different devils.