[OOC] The Other Side

EyesOfIce
Bronze

Re: [OOC] The Other Side

Post by EyesOfIce » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:25 pm

Hey! Just to clear up any confusion or misunderstanding, no one else is in the forest yet beside Ray. So the rest of the group should be pretty close to the hill/the tree! Sorry if I confused anyone! 🤗
~Zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

Kaylanie676
Bronze

Post by Kaylanie676 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Allyra is trying to climb the tree in the post

Kay<3 :twisted:

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:02 pm

@Kaylanie676 I think the confusion is that everyone else who has posted with their characters in that area has either had them see, or at least hear, somebody else basically as soon as they showed up. But your post sounds like even with people speaking, moving around, calling for others, and whatever else. Your character still hasn't noticed anyone else being around at all. Which makes it seem like she'd have to be in a completely different area because otherwise she should've noticed something rather quickly.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Kaylanie676
Bronze

RE:

Post by Kaylanie676 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:03 pm

She's having a melt down it'll take her a minute lol I personally don't notice anyone or anything when I have melt downs

color="#F44336">Kay<3 :twisted: </font>

Avocadomydudez

Post by Avocadomydudez » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:08 pm

I can understand a meltdown, and I usually try to stay out of these things... but it wasn’t as descriptive as I thought it could’ve been. Like a few questions to clarify yea, but the questions are almost for the entire post you put down. I don’t want tell you how to play your character, but if she’s having a meltdown like you say... wouldn’t she be calling for others instead of climbing the tree, and if she is at the tree in the hill... Rion should be there, or almost there. Again I’m not trying to get into anything or start something I just think your post needs some adjustments..

EyesOfIce
Bronze

Post by EyesOfIce » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Orophin wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:02 pm
@Kaylanie676 I think the confusion is that everyone else who has posted with their characters in that area has either had them see, or at least hear, somebody else basically as soon as they showed up. But your post sounds like even with people speaking, moving around, calling for others, and whatever else. Your character still hasn't noticed anyone else being around at all. Which makes it seem like she'd have to be in a completely different area because otherwise she should've noticed something rather quickly.
Yeah this is what I thought lol.
Kaylanie676 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:03 pm
She's having a melt down it'll take her a minute lol I personally don't notice anyone or anything when I have melt downs

color="#F44336">Kay<3 :twisted: </font>
I understand that, but she would have had to seen Rion at least in trying to climb the tree because he is literally at the top of the hill standing at the base of the tree. So maybe in a panic she started to climb but she most definitely would have seen him at least. She totally doesn’t have to acknowledge anything that he says since she is in a state of shock, but she would at least know she isn’t alone I think.
~Zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:26 pm

That's the point I was trying to make. The post just felt kinda vague. It didn't explain how she would miss everything else going on around her. Like writing in that she was having a meltdown and/or writing that she had slightly noticed somebody but it just didn't register with her at first because of her immense shock. Things like that would've made the post more clear and understandable. But having it the way it is left things confusing and, although obviously unintentional, rather misleading. None of use are trying to tell you how to play your character what you have to do. We're just trying to explain that when you give to few details in a post the intentions behind the post can be completely lost on the people who read it. We're not trying to judge or anything. We're just trying to understand what was written, and at the same time to offer some advice so that the same misunderstandings don't possibly happen again. I hope that's how it came across, and if it didn't then I apologise.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Kaylanie676
Bronze

Post by Kaylanie676 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:36 pm

I can add that in thanks lol I just didn't really put much effort into this post.

Kay<3 :twisted:

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Biggest thing to take away from it is that if your post doesn't acknowledge others, even in a "even though there were other people around" mention, it can only be assumed you read something wrong or that you didn't know they were there, or refused to acknowledge them for one reason or another.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

RabidGravity

Post by RabidGravity » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:25 am

I have no idea what's going on with Ray and this Shadow Lady, but I'm all for it, it's spoopy