[OOC] Partners In Crime (Quintilian)

Maxx
Platinum

[OOC] Partners In Crime (Quintilian)

Post by Maxx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 am

So, we can discuss all the finer details here.

Firstly, though, a little question, how would you feel if I attempted to make this into a wattpad book afterwards?

Quintillian

Re: [OOC] Partners In Crime (Quintilian)

Post by Quintillian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:53 am

That'd be fine. It would probably be great as a stand-alone story.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 am

Awesome!

Now, onto the discussion.

How do you think it'd be best started off? As in, our character positions. Wait, no, that still doesn't sound clear to me...

Roles. That's the word I was looking for. Our character roles. I think I listed the three possibilities when I was writing the request thread, can't remember. Either both characters already criminals, only one a criminal, or neither. What do you think would be more interesting?

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:48 am

I think the story would be more interesting if one character was a criminal and the other wasn't, or if both characters weren't criminals, but due to certain circumstances, they end up becoming criminals. I guess a generic starting point for the first one would be like: Person A lives a pretty normal life. Person B lives a life of super edgy crimes and hedonism. Person A meets Person B and the two go on mischovious adventures running from the law.

Or:

Person A works as a police officer, Person B is a wanted supercriminal
that steals quarters from parking meters, the two people meet each other and go on a crazy adventure while running from the law, and on the way they get a glimpse of each others' lives, Possibly understanding the opposing side a bit better.

As for the idea of both characters being Danimals, (Criminals) it could work. Perhaps they vary in rank: Maybe one is a just a simple thief while the other is a convict; One has more experience than the other, or maybe their both dangerous criminals.

I'm just snowballing some ideas at your reception snow fort, and seeing what you'd make of them. They're pretty rough, so they're probably not anything new or revolutionary.

(Sorry if i sounded kind of silly in some parts. I think your sarcasm is contagious.)

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:31 am

Well... You're pretty right about them being nothing new, but many cartoon artists use the same bases and manage to come up with the most unique things possible. Sorry, that was the first example that came to mind.

Using the idea of someone with a normal life and someone who's already a criminal, we could possibly go for something similar to how Bonnie and Clyde met. He (Clyde) had already been arrested a few times for simple things - stealing turkeys, stealing cars, etc. - and she (Bonnie) was just a waitress at a café. She was actually married - the wedding was a few days before her 16th birthday - and her husband was in jail. They had split up, though, but hadn't divorced. The most accepted story is that she was helping out an ill friend, and he came round while she was making hot chocolate in the kitchen. Obviously we wouldn't have to play it out quite like that. Not sure how clichéd that is though...

I'm not so sure about one being a police officer, just because... I don't know. Whatever weird part of my brain decides what I like, doesn't like it.

Both of 'em already being criminals would be cool, but I would probably end up taking a hundred years to make the CS, insistant on writing down every single crime. Well, not literally, but it would take me a while to choose what sort of criminal and all that.

And, as an idea for neither being criminals, it could start with them meeting... Not sure where, doesn't matter at the moment. They become friends, best friends, and one day, start daring each other to do small crimes. Steal these sweets. Try to take that lady's purse. See if ya can get some vodka without the shopkeeper noticing. From there, the small dares could become bigger. Take that bike. Let's steal that car together. Until the crimes evolve into big things like robbing stores properly and the like.

Oh, and no need to apologise for silliness. I love to currupt infect contaminate influence people with my sarcastic ways.

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:02 am

That last idea sounds pretty good. If the story were to go in that direction, i can see it getting gradually morbid, Kind of like a Stephen king novel. That is if you'd be ok to allow it to go there.
I do agree with you on the double criminal scenario. With any roleplay i enter, it's always the character sheet that takes me the longest to do; I'd probably spend a whole day on it.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:17 am

I'd let it go wherever it naturally goes, and I think it would be kinda cool if it did take a bit of a morbid turn anyways.

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 am

Nice, i think we should run with this one. is there anything else we need to touch upon or flesh out before we start?

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:04 pm

How exactly do you think the two should meet? Also, would you wanna be male or female?

Quintillian

Post by Quintillian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:04 pm

That's kind of tricky. Perhaps they work the same job and meet from there. Maybe they're already mutual friends and haven't seen each other in a while. Sorry if these are a bit cheesey. I'm not that good at intros; i usually just make it up as i go.

I shall be the m̶a̶i̶l̶ male.