(OOC) Mhòhair

Cr25pltro6

Re: (OOC) Mhòhair

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Ok. I will do that. Thanks for the feedback. I kinda just picked those numbers off the cuff of my sleeve
Dungeons and dragons lite

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:32 pm
Yeah that's fine

One thing for everyone here: do you think that I'm piling on stuff with Helena a bit too much? I've never really done this sort of character and I'm not really a deceptive person IRL so if you think I'm taking these things too far please let me know or my stupid brain is gonna keep worrying about it until the end of time...
I think it's fine for a character intro and first few posts to put the characters primary quirks/skills to the forefront, so I'd say your character is doing fine for now, but you might wanna tone it down a bit later.

Just keep in mind that's just my silly opinion

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Yeah okay; just let me know when you if and when you think I'm going overboard or toning it down too much; so I can tweak it.
"Remember, no russian... Because I-I don't understand russian..." ~ Armour fairy

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Will do medic.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Generally I like to limit images to when they're actually enhancing the text, not just sort of being there. Using the [ float] option can go a long way towards making images look like a cohesive part of the post, and I think with yours in particular with the little facial expressions, floating them alongside the associated text would be a neat little upgrade..

I would also try to avoid using more than one of any "type" of image in a single post - whether that's a headshot, full-body pose, action shot, etc., and I generally try to follow a rule that your images shouldn't take up any more space than your written text (like when someone has a GIANT IMAGE OF DOOM and then like one sentence in a post, it just looks weird, right?)

If you're wanting to get into post emphasis through images and other means and you haven't already found Reyn's Beautiful BBCode Masterpost, it's definitely worth a look, it'll help you pick up your code game for sure.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Yeah I completely agree; I hate those damn supersize images. Though I'm more talking about the way that my character is acting; is she acting too energetic/happy?
"Remember, no russian... Because I-I don't understand russian..." ~ Armour fairy

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:16 pm

She's like a little anime gigglebug. If that's what you wanna go for, by all means go for it. We can't all be grim and dour, after all.

Wannderlust
Silver

Post by Wannderlust » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:17 pm

I think she's just fine - will be an interesting twist when she starts killing people lol

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:18 pm

"You get a stab, and you get a stab, and YOU get a stab! Yay! Stabbings for everyone!"

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:26 pm

"oh no no no, I don't stab people; I'm a white gloves kinda gal. I much prefer the look on their faces when they are mowed down by my guns~"

Thanks for clearing up my doubts there guys; I do kinda want her to seem rather non-serious at face value. That being said, I do have some plans for he getting more serious when certain people either interfere with or get close to finding out about her plans.