[REQ] Brutal 48 [CLOSED]

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Reyn
Community Mod

[REQ] Brutal 48 [CLOSED]

Post by Reyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 pm

https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9342

SEARCH: [_____________________]šŸ”
HOME ā˜ RANDOM ā˜ ABOUT ā˜ SUPPORT US
BRUTAL 48 (TV series)
---------Brutal 48---------

Genre: Gameshow/Comedy/Bloodsport
Directed by: Alexander Haven
Presented by: Martin Holders (Series 1-4)
Edith Crowe/Camilla Frost (Series 5)
Original language: English
No. of series: 5
No. of episodes: 192

---------Release---------

Original network: NET-A
Original release: 14 August 2092 - present
Brutal 48 is a cutting-edge reality TV show that sees 48 contestants (known as 'Actors') live in a small city-like area populated by androids. The Actors face weekly challenges set by 'The Director(s)' (TV actor Martin Holders in Series 1-4, later replaced by comedian Edith Crowe and RadioX13 host Camilla 'Cam' Frost in Series 5), which they must complete in order to gain luxury items such as vehicles, electronics, and weapons to help them survive. What makes Brutal 48 unique is that the Actors are not ordinary people: they are assassins, murderers, and violent criminals. Furthermore, the Actors each possess supernatural abilities (courtesy of HavenCorpĀ®), which they are free to use to complete the given challenges, help fellow Actors, or engage in city-wide battles. For safety reasons, the city is walled in by a sonic field and is regularly patrolled by armed ENFORCERBotsā„¢ (courtesy of HavenCorpĀ®) to ensure Actors don't kill each other prematurely by providing vital (and unobstructable) aid to the wounded.

At the end of each week, two Actors are voted to compete in a final deathmatch, which is the only time when the MEDBotsā„¢ (courtesy of HavenCorpĀ®) are not present to heal them. There are no rules in the deathmatch, and some Actors ask for the help of their peers to finish off the fights. The victor of the deathmatch recieves 3 prizes, which they are allowed to either share with other Actors, or keep for themselves. The loser's corpse is taken back to the 'Studio' for disposal. The 8 players remaining after the others have been eliminated from the show then partake in a battle royale, with weapons dropped around the city for them to use at their will. The winner of this final battle recieves a grand prize of $1,000,000 and a new life in a luxury mansion on a beautiful, secluded island[1].

For security reasons, measures have been put in place to prevent Actors from acting outside the rules or trying to escape the games. As of Series 2, each Actor is fitted with a 'Death Switch' of sorts, which kills them immediately when activated. The Switch used in Series 2-3 was a 9,000,000 volt shock bracelet, and the Switch used in Series 4-5 is a patch containing a corrosive toxin[2] that dissolves the area around the patch and kills within one minute. Whilst the Switch is rarely used, it is a vital safeguarding tool and is vital for keeping order during the show.

Reception
The bonds and rivalries between Actors have always been a selling point for the show, with Series 1 and 3 having casts split almost in half by gang-like alliances (Ganymede/Scorpio and Niente/Chrysalis respectively). It continues to get high ratings, with each series bringing new and more dangerous challenges to the table. Critics have praised the show for its gratuitous violence, unique premise, and the commentary provided by the Director(s) (Edith and Cam have been notably popular, with their witty banter being heralded by some as the best part of Series 5 by audiences and critics alike), but it has come under fire for numerous ethical reasons. Much of the criticism does come from the violence since the taboo of bloodsport hasn't quite died down, but some groups have rallied against the poor treatment of the Actors prior to their appearance on the show, since there are no criminal records publicly available for any of their crimes.

The current series (Series 5) is notably different from the show before it. Not only are there new hosts and a bigger emphasis on Studio segments, but there is an attempt to 'bring a sort of structure to the madness' by introducing elements of an overarching 'storyline (as said by Edith during a PARAnet Magazine interview[3])'. Whilst she remains silent about how she intends this to develop, one of the major points has already been revealed: the mystery of Actor 27.

References
[1] Brutal 48 official site
[2] HAVENChem official site
[3] PARAnet Magazine
--------

[THE FOLLOWING IS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION FROM HC FACILITY 5T-D10. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE.]

[SECURITY LOG XW/41298-a] The door of room 12 has been unlocked from the outside and left like that. Assume it's staff incompetence until we investigate the inside.

[SECURITY LOG XW/41298-b] Subject is still contained, thank God. Soundproofing on the doorframe seems faulty. Perhaps subject... sleep-talks now? Call to improve broken insulator on the doorframe, and possibly add more to the containment unit itself. Keep patrol of corridor B to machine-only.

[SECURITY LOG XW/41298-c] Scratch that. Containment is fine. No extra precautions are needed; save the budget for the show. I'll stay by the room tonight.

[EMERGENCY REPORT VL/41398] Xavier Wilkins has been found dead outside room 12. The cause of death seems to be suicide. Send bots here as soon as you can... but only bots. Ensure room 12 is properly sealed until this whole thing dies down...
--------

"And we are live in 3... 2... 1..."

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the fifth series of Brutal 48: the only show that brings you more violent and evil individuals living together than Big Brother!"

"Big Brother got quite intense last year, didn't it, Edith?"

"Haha~ Gave you quite a few pointers on what to make these bastards do this series, didn't it? Now, since this is a new series with new hosts, some of you might be a little bit confused, so let me get you up to speed before we get to the main event. I'm Edith Crowe, professional comedian and amateur bloodsport co-ordinator, and sitting right next to me is the beautiful Cam Frost!"

"Yes, hello... I present Chart Central on RadioX13, so you might be used to hearing my voice, but not my face..."

"She's a lot prettier on the radio, isn't she?"

"Yes, of course I am..."

"Well, that's our introduction out of the way. Shall we get on with the rest of the show, Cam? I'm sure the audience is dying to see what criminals we managed to scrape from the bottom of the barrel for our fifth season..."

"Indeed. Without further ado, let's meet the contestants..."

"Oh, I can't wait~!"

--------

IN MY HOUSE IT'S GO BIG OR DIE

YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M ABOUT

YEAH

FUCK YEAH

MORE INFO SOON

TROOPER IS THE SECOND GOD

--------

Rule Time!

- Don't be a dick.
- Please fill out the whole CS
- No godmodding/autohitting/absurdly OP characters blah blah blah. It must be actually possible for your character to lose a fight.
- Stick with what you've written. This means no adding extra weapons, abilities, or changing your CS after it has been accepted.
- Try to be specific with the abilities, like how they're cast and what exactly they do. I'm not asking for masses of detail, just enough to prevent any asspulls.
- (A basic rule is that each power/attack must be avoidable if it can do substantial damage.)
- Violence is fine, but no killing/permanent damage without consent.
- Cursing is fine, but don't go overboard.
- Romance is allowed, but not encouraged.
- If you have any questions, ask me. I have the tendency to not explain things well first try.
- Warning if you haven't joined one of my RPs before: I'm either really picky with CSs or really stupid. Just... try not to be vague or abuse loopholes... pwease...
- Put 'The cups are in.' somewhere on your CS because you have read these rules.
- Don't move. I'm watching you.
Last edited by Reyn on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Reyn
Community Mod

Re: [REQ] Brutal 48

Post by Reyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 pm

CS
Name:
Actor Number: (1-48, excluding 27)
Nickname/Title: (Optional)
Power: (One and you know damn well what I'm like with powers)
Personality:
Bio: (Note: Your character has almost no memories of being brought to the show. They just showed up here, as far as they remember.)
Appearance: (Drawing/Anime preferred.)
Other:
Extra:
Last edited by Reyn on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm

one more post res should do

go forth bastards

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi! This looks cool. Are there any specific points about what to put on the CS? And also what is the lower age limit?

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:10 pm

CS template is up now, that should help answer your questions

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Yeah, it does. With the appearance, I prefer to describe them cos my phone is a dick when it comes to images and all that. Is that alright?

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Yeah, that's okay.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 pm

BLOODSPORTS!!!!
Iā€™m hooked. Iā€™ll have a CS up in a couple of hours
I pray nobody takes 12

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:19 pm

I'll go get started on a CS. And Hilo, I'll take 12 just to be a dick. No I wont, just kidding, I'm not gonna be a dick... I'll be number 13.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:07 am

Here is my CS, hope it's okay:

Name
Veronica Barnes
Actor Number
Nickname
V
Powers
V can make fires with a snap of her fingers. Literally. All she has to do is click her fingers and a fire will spring up wherever she wants it. Of course, if she is unable to snap her fingers (for whatever reason, from her fingers being broken to simply having wet hands) she can't make fire. She can't make huge fires (e.g. forest fire sized) but she can still make decent sized ones. The bigger the fire is, the more energy it takes. She isn't entirely sure how big she can make fires, but as a general rule doesn't make any bigger than 5 foot high. If the conditions are wrong (e.g. wet material, etc.), she can't make the fire, but can make it pretty much anywhere as long as there is stuff that'll catch fire.
Personality
V can sometimes seem sweet and friendly, but in reality she is a bit of a violent bitch. She can get very angry very quickly, and can also be extremely sarcastic. When she is drunk, she can be very flirty.
Bio
V was born into a poor family. Her father was very abusive, and her mother just let him beat the both of them. As a result, V always was covered in cuts and bruises. She tried her best in school but was never able to keep up with the class, in account of hardly sleeping. Her father found this as an excuse to hit her. She ended up in fights at school. Again, her father found this as an excuse to hit her. In fact, her father found everything as an excuse to hit her, and seemed to enjoy doing so. One of the thing he seemed to enjoy doing the most was ripping out her nails, although he saved that for what he called "special occasions" due to the time it took for the nails to grow back. When V was 10, a kid in school noticed the fact that at the time she was missing a couple finger nails. Because of this, V stole a pair of leather biker gloves from a shop. She ended up turning to stealing as a coping mechanism. She managed to get away with it for a few years, before her father caught her. As punishment, she was forced to watch as he beat and then killed her mother. This was what made her snap and become a 14 year old killer. Whilst her father slept, V took a knife from the kitchen and brutally stabbed him to death. Unlike what most people would have done, V didn't panic afterwards. She simply made it look like a burglary, and even cut herself up to make it look more convincing. She was placed in foster care, and got moved from house to house, never staying long enough to call one place 'home'. She never stopped stealing, and also took up random murder and arson as hobbies. She now lives by herself in a flat, and has a tendency to forget about eating.
Appearance
V is 5'9", and underweight due to her poor diet. She has jet black, shoulder length hair, and bright eyes. She has a long, ugly scar near her right eye - one could have potentially half-blinded her - which was a present from her father on her 13th birthday. She also has various other scars, so many she isn't actually able to recall how she got most of them. The rest of her face is quite pretty, and she knows it. The majority of the time V is able to ignore the scar, unless someone mentions it or stares at it. Then she gets angry. She also has various other scars, so many she isn't actually able to recall how she got most of them. V's usual outfit consists of boots, jeans, a tight blue tank top, and a leather jacket.
Other
V is a kleptomaniac and pyromaniac.
Extra
She will murder anyone who calls her Veronica. This is the truth. She has done it before. I'm not joking.
The cups are in.
Last edited by Maxx on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.