[Req] Fragments of an Empire

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm

There once was a world that was both advanced in technology and steadfast in their own traditions. Leading this world was the royal family, The Emperor and Empress. The royal line was marked by a sign of the gods. A Turquoise eye. It isn't by birth order that the successor is chosen. No, it is whichever child has The Eye. The Eye possesses fabled abilities. Beyond glowing lightly in the dark, it allows vision in the dark - and is said to be capable of seeing through illusions as well as carry the wisdom and strength of the ancestors.

Selket, the Princess, was fated to wed the Empire's greatest warrior, who would be chosen in a tournament. She already had her eye set on one of the warriors, but he ended up losing - though only slightly. She was upset, but there was nothing that could be done. The winner was at least already a friend.

One day, unknown ships arrived. They invaded, killing whoever were useless to them, and capturing those they deemed useful. The warriors defended their people as best as they could, giving people time to get to their own ships to evacuate the planet. Unfortunately, most of the population was either slaughtered or captured, with very few people making it onto the ships.

Selket didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay and help fight, but she knew she couldn't stay. Her husband, and her love went off to fight, and she attempted to assist in the evacuation with her parents. Her parents were shot down on the way to the ships, and her love and Husband arrived before she would be next. They made sure she escaped, but that was the last time she would ever see of either of them.

Her husband was killed protecting the ships, but the leader of the invading force had taken notice of his prowess, and took his body with them when they left the planet. Using a mixture of technology and magic, he was revived, but any memories of who he had were gone. He was now a loyal soldier of the one responsible for the destruction of his planet.

The ship she escaped on had been sabotaged, malfunctioning and leaving it dead in the water and being shot by the invaders. The ship crashed on an inhospitable planet, where she remains until she is found.

But all that remained were fragments-

A dead world,

A scattered people,

And an Empress trying to pick up the shattered pieces of her life and people and survive.

ok, the description isn't completely finished, I have to get back to work. Essentially, this RP is about a group of people without a homeworld, trying to regain their world. I figure the group would have been people picked up by another group that would help them out. If there are any ideas, let me know. Oh, as a note, the world had been an Egyptian type culture.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Req] Fragments of an Empire

Rules
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Name:
Homeworld Occupation:
Current Occupation:
Skills:
Weapons:
Bio:
Extra info:
Appearance:

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 am

would I be able to join

Sent from my SM-N950U using Role Playing Forums v4.2.1.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 am

you would need to fill out a CS

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:43 am

ok.

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 am

Name: aria
Personality:quiet keeps to herself
Homeworld Occupation:serevnt of the royals
Current Occupation:serving what royal is left on the ship
Skills:has no known skills
Weapons: none
Bio:mother died when she was 10 and father died when she was 15
Extra info:her mother died when she was little and father was killed in battle
Appearance:wears that of a servent to the royals and has long brown hair and brown eyes

Last edited by hellbounddemon on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 am

hope this is ok let me know if something has to be fixed

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Ok, a few things.

1) The culture is Egyptian based. The name doesn't fit, and the Katana isn't an Egyptian weapon. The most common blade would be a Kopesh. The name is also not Egyptian sounding either, and they all would have dark hair and eyes due to the desert nature of the world.

2) The age is fine, but in order to be a Royal Guard, she would need to be trained by a military trainer with a group of soldiers her age. She would also need to go through basic training, and then special training to be chosen as a Royal Guard. 15 is usually the age the training would start. It would take a few years before she would be able to be a candidate.

3) Having an entire element for magic is a major thing. that sort of control doesn't exist in this world. I think I will actually remove this field so go ahead and remove it. no magic.

4) Why was she captured instead of being killed or on a ship?

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 pm

I will fix this. thank you for feedback