[Req][OpenAlways] CityLife

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
DJ Muffins

[Req][OpenAlways] CityLife

Post by DJ Muffins » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:01 am

Living in a near future city, technology has advanced in the big city, as well as the odd people. Some with strange abilities and talents that some even call powers, hide or proudly work in the city streets. A Gang known as the Greys work under a man named Matherson Friser who runs the Greyzone. With much of the Police Department in his wallet he is untouchable, except for the Dragons. A rival gang who consider themselves freedom fighters. While the Greys fight to hold tight to the drug empire they have created, the Dragons fight to destroy the Greys, and overthrow a corrupt and broken government. You live here, be new or a life resident, you either support the Greys, the Dragons, or just try to live and better yourself lawfully through the government in place.

Little story I thought up:
Jonathan watched as the dash clock ticked again. 05:12, he sighed looking out the window at the GreyZone club they found themselves parked in front for the past half hour. The neon loghts glowing brightly through the ghostly empty streets, a soft drizzle falling from the hazy sky. "It isn't too late to turn back Sam. This isn't going to end well for us." The younger man next to him sighed, adjusting his long investigators coat he wore for the classic look. "I'm not scared to confront him, unlike the rest of the force. We're going to be famous for locking up the baddest of the bad Johnny. Its time" John simply let out a tired sigh "Very well, lets get this over with..." stepping into the empty streets. The two men approached the club, dark shadows cast behind them as they stepped across the cement sidewalk under the sound of distant traffic and rainfall. With a flash of a badge at the bouncer, the massive man wearing black stepped aside for Sam as Johnathan trailed behind. The dancefloor had a few couples bouncing to a quick beat, the clear glass tables scattered in a U around the shimmering floor lights. The investigator pushed through the thin morning crowd to the back office pushing the door open to reveal a thin man sitting with his feet on the desk, four men around him talking buisness. With a soft smile, the shadowy figure tilted his hat back chuckling "Ah, who do we have here? Unwanted guests?" Flashing a badge at the man at the Desk Samuel ordered him to his feet "Matherson Friser, you are under arrest for murder, attempted murder, drug trafficking, and -" the soft click of a hammer cut his tangent short. Slowly glancing behind him to see his officer John, his handgun raised to the back of Samuels head. Matherson let out a raspy, chilling laugh "John warned you... more times than he should have. Glad I dont have to kill him too, he has been a good man leading bright bushy tailed detectives that don't play by the rules." Stepping over his desk, leaning in, his breath reeking of alcohol and smoke "this is my city boy.. and little robins like yourself make life very, inconvenient." Sam glared at the man, seething in rage, and fear before grabbing for his sidearm, turning to face John before a gunshot rang out. The music at the dance floor paused for a second outside as the life faded from Samuels eyes heaped in a pile on the floor. As the music resumed, John took his payment as Matherson wiped the blood from his suit. Counting the bills as John got back into his patrol car, the dash clock clicked 05:45. Just another day in life. The City Life.

-what do you think? Always open to more ideas, or suggestions

Thread Made:
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9096
Last edited by DJ Muffins on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DJ Muffins

Re: [Req][OpenAlways] CityLife

Post by DJ Muffins » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 am

Going to make a CS thing soon.
Name:
Outfit/Gear:
Skills/Abilities, or Job:
Alliance: (Grey,Dragon, or Other)
Personality:
Backstory: (optional)

CS thread here
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9025

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:52 pm

i'll join is there an specific style you want for appearance
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 pm

No, character creation is more up to you. You can make it however you want. If it's too crazy I'll let you know. But any style is fine. I'll be putting my CS up tonight

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 am

Hm...I'm intrigued. I'll have to see if I can think up a character for this one!
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Glad to have perked your interest! Characters are pretty free to the imagination, so go for it! Excited to see what you come up with.

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:47 pm

I'm really interested in this! Would it be okay if I made the leader of the Dragons? I saw Tyler's the second in command; has anyone claimed the leader or could I make them?

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Go for it! Was hoping someone would notice! And you can kinda guide it however you like, Tyler will be there obviously, Just message me if you are going to try any major Plot related choices.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Is there any 'co-command/secretary' for the Greys, or is all specifically run by Matherson?
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Awesome, thank you! I'm currently revising so I can't make a CS right now, but I'll try to get it up tonight, otherwise it'll be tomorrow! I'll probably be checking with you a lot, relating to plot stuff.