[REQ] The War for Hope

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Argonaut24
Bronze

[REQ] The War for Hope

Post by Argonaut24 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:04 am

The Project for Eden's Gate was a cult that took over Hope County, Montana. Hope County is surrounded by mountains and the only way to get in by vehicle is through two tunnels, one was caved in and the other is heavily defend by cultists and their machine guns and RPGs. The only safe way to enter the county is by climbing the mountains on foot or by air via helicopter or plane, however, that is not promised safe passage either as the Cult has an air force called the Chosen. The cult is well supplied with weapons, trucks, planes, and food and water, anything needed to run a sovereign state.

Our story begins, where the deputy, attempts to kill Jacob, the Cult's leader in training their soldiers. Jacob's soldiers are elite and well trained much more like actual soldiers instead of a bunch of brainwashed rednecks. After the deputy had liberated the other 2 regions, the deputy and his friends were set up and were captured and killed by Jacob and Joseph, the father. The Resistance lost momentum at the deaths of their motivators and leaders. Jacob and his soldiers recaptured the Henbane region and have recaptured the control of Henbane river flowing through Hope County. The Resistance has retreated to Fall's End, a small town, inside Holland valley,  the main food producing section of Hope County, thankfully the region is home to two of the only airstrips in the county. The region allows the Resistance to hold the Cult back but soon their resources will run out. The Resistance needs help from an outside source.

A multi-million dollar mercenary team called Legion is the answer, they have access to plenty of supplies and vehicles. The US government wasn't doing anything against the cult as they didn't wanna be the ones killing and waging a war against their own citizens that is why when Legion volunteered to go and assist the Resistance, they were granted permission in secret. Legion landed a plane carrying an armed Humvee, 4 elite operatives, and enough fuel, food, water, and ammo to sustain the Resistance for months to come.

The War for Hope, had begun.

Sorry if any of this is unclear or confusing. If you have questions please ask away. As soon as someone says they are interested, I will make a CS skeleton.

[All ideas and themes taken from Far Cry 5 belong to Ubisoft. This RP will contain no spoilers of the game ending]

Argonaut24
Bronze

Re: [REQ] The War for Hope

Post by Argonaut24 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:26 am

Accepted Characters and Filled Roles

Legion Operatives:
-
-
-
-

Resistance Fighter:
- Eden Thames(Medic) [Gecko; Page 1]
-
-
-
-
Last edited by Argonaut24 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:27 am

CS

Name:

Role: (Legion Operative/Resistance Fighter)

Combat Experience: (Legion Only. Where did you learn to fight.)

Occupation before War: (Resistance Fighters Only)

Job in the War: (Medic, Weapons Expert, Mechanic, Pilot etc. Anything you can really think of.)

Skills:

Weapons:

Bio:

Appearance:

Extra:
Last edited by Argonaut24 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LyricalHearts01

Post by LyricalHearts01 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Sounds cool! I'll join once the CS is up.
~It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.~

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Awesome, thank you.

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:45 pm

I just put the CS up.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:45 am

I don't know anything about Far Cry except for what my dear friend told me about it, but I'll give it a shot! :D

CS

Name:
Eden Thames.
Role: (Legion Operative/Resistance Fighter)
Resistance Fighter.
Combat Experience: (Legion Only. Where did you learn to fight.)
N/A
Occupation before War: (Resistance Fighters Only)
Peace Corp member (nurse).
Job in the War: (Medic, Weapons Expert, Mechanic, Pilot etc. Anything you can really think of.)
Medic.
Skills:
Eden's skills pretty much center around caring for people and tending to illnesses and wounds. She is a rather intelligent young woman with a big heart and a ton of compassion to accompany it.
Weapons:
Eden refuses to fight if she can due to healing background and naturally pacifist nature. But in case anything should go wrong, she does have a combat knife and a simple Walther P99 pistol. Should she need to go into combat for whatever reason, Eden often takes any kind of semi-automatic rifle because she has to.
Bio:
Eden was born in Maidstone, England, to a young family. She was the smallest of four children, the other three being rather rough-playing boys, and she did enjoy playing with them. However, much to her mother's relief, Eden did have a rather calm and touching side to her. Often times, when she wasn't playing with the boys, Eden was found on the floor tending to her stuffed animal's 'wounds' in her tiny bedroom. This caring nature developed over the years, and soon the young woman found herself already on her way to medical school for nursing. At the time, everything seemed to start falling into place. Everything felt so right. But, of course, things never really stay that way.

Several years into school, the Thames family had a great burden fall on their shoulders. The eldest brother, Brahms, had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Eden had decided the moment she heard the news to quit school and care for her brother in his final years. A year after the diagnosis, Brahms died peacefully in his sleep with most of his family by his side. All except for one of the brothers, Rufus. He had continued to stay where he lived (on the other side of the country, at this point) and continue with his work, which none of the other Thames knew was. Rufus never apologized and never explained why he missed his brother's passing, and because of this, Eden and Rufus haven't gotten along since. It wasn't until later that she discovered that it was due to the fact that he was on his way to becoming a notorious drug dealer, known for doing whatever it took to do what needed to be done. This, essentially, tore the Thames family apart. Eden finished her schooling and signed on to the Peace Corp to get away from home.

A few weeks after signing on to the Peace Corp, Eden was given the opportunity to start off with a simple job: tending to homeless people in Hope County, Montana. It was almost too simple, but Eden was happy to help as well as happy to get out of Maidstone. She took on the job and was soon on her way. Things went well for a while; she even found a boyfriend, a police officer named Wyatt, that she really felt a connection with. But once again, things eventually took a turn for the worst. A cult took over the county and Eden found herself stuck inside. Instead of finding a way out to survive, Eden took this as an opportunity to do what she knew she was meant to do, and all with Wyatt by her side. Eden has been in the war for Hope County since the start, and she fully intends to stay until the very end.
Appearance:
Extra:
Eden has a tattoo of a phoenix on her left shoulder. She also has the whole British accent going on.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Accepted and you don't really need to know anything about Far Cry, I'm just really using the situation to make an RP

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Thanks! And I figured, I just don't even know what it looks like in-game, lol.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Well, if you need clarification, I will try my best to clear anything up