[REQ]The Dark War

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Aqua
Bronze

[REQ]The Dark War

Post by Aqua » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 am

Fight in the Dark War

Legend has it that atop the tallest mountain in all of Zargonia lies a beautiful oasis called the Otherworld. In 590 A.D it was discovered by a human named Thelonius, the first to ever conquer the mountain and find the hidden oasis that thrived even in the cold climate that surrounded it. When he reached the top he let out three distinct whistles that cemented his chosen name as the King of Birds. A hot spring dominated the center and when Thelonius peered into the depths of the hot spring he became enthralled when he saw Him.

In 745 A.D, 255 years after Thelonius first discovered the Otherworld, an exiled Ork named Or'luk climbed the mountain in order to regain entry to his tribe and become chieftain. He didn't believe in the Otherworld despite it being a core teaching in his tribe, he sought out the legendary Everice instead. Ice said to never melt that could even be forged into chilling weaponry that leaves a stabbed foe frostbitten. What he found instead was the Otherworld. Or'luk had spent much time searching for the Everice and as a result it had turned to night time by the time he had reached the center of the Otherworld, where the hot spring sat. Or'luk was not enthralled by the spring itself but rather by the Silver ring that shone brightly in the moonlight. When he stepped into the hot spring to swim towards it his skin was seared from his flesh. Or'luk bit through the pain and submerged himself to his neck, swimming towards the ring as all of his skin was burned off of his body. His head began to sink below the surface as he engulfed the ring into his palm. His heavy body sank all the way down in the seemingly never ending spring before he fell out of the water and smashed into the ground 20 feet down. Or'luk looked up to see a door that had no business being there, a vulture perched atop.

Then 1550 A.D was there before anybody knew it. 705 years had gone by since Or'luk had grabbed hold of the ring and found the hidden door beneath the spring. Vanak was the rightful Emperor of Zargonia, and all the Orks, Humans, Dragonians, and Dwarves that made up the 'Sentient' population. He had been living in the Otherworld for the past 20 years, since he had to escape when he was 10 years old to avoid being assassinated. He had trained for the past 20 years to be able to defend himself in any situation. One night he was visited by two men. One had a vulture perched on his shoulder and the other a ring on his finger.

It was Thelonius and Or'luk. Thelonius was the first to step forward, extending his hand as he told Vanak their master was impressed and wanted to meet him. Or'luk stepped forward and offered his hand as he told Vanak that their master does not meet many worthy people in his lifetime. Now Vanak may not have trusted the two but he knew when he was outmatched and so he reluctantly followed the two as they descended into the hot spring. Down and down they went until they all fell down in front of the door. When it opened Vanak felt true abject horror. Human skin decorated the walls and was stretched taut from the varying lengths of time it had been up there, Dragonian bodies were stacked headless in a corner of the room missing limbs, Dwarf skeletons were hung from the ceiling and Orkish screams echoed through the chamber from seemingly no source. In the very back of the room set a man atop a throne of skulls. The man stood and strode forward as Thelonius and Or'luk fell to their knees in respect.

The man extended his hand and upon it was a large ruby ring. Pledge your loyalty to me and you will command armies young Vanak, you will never age...And when we conquer the world you will be the rightful Emperor as you always should have been. No one shall dare try to dethrone you lest you taking head from shoulders.

Vanak didn't need any more than that. He dropped to one knee and kissed the man's ring.

That was how The Pale King found his Three Generals of the Dark Army.

And now the Capital of the entire world of Zargonia is under siege of the Dark Army.

The year is 3228 A.D and in this timeline it is still the medieval era. There's been no modern advancements in technology or in medicine so a common infection could prove fatal to civilians who don't get it taken care of. For the past 1500 years The Pale King has been letting the four races fight their wars and advance their magic. Armies have been built and countries have been lost and now only 4 countries remain in Zargonia, each headed by a different race. The Capital lay in the center of the four borders, and if controlled may spell the end of the world as we all know it. It doesn't help that there's a war between Dwarves and Dragonians as well as a war between Orks and Humans at the time.

Special forces from each army have been sent to The Capital to prevent its fall. The Dark Army is still on its march but they're only two days away and there's no possible way to stop them from reaching the city at this point. All we can do is pray that the Special Forces find a way to buy us time while we figure out how to stop this dilemma.
Last edited by Aqua on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Aqua
Bronze

Re: [REQ]The Dark War

Post by Aqua » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:07 am

General Rules
ImageEverything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
ImageEverything I say is law, and the I get the final word.
ImageRespect EVERYONE. If you don't like a person, play nice. If you're having an issue with someone, let me know. I will deal with it. Don't take it out on the person and be rude.
ImageKeep curse words to a minimal, though I'd prefer you to not curse at all.

RP Rules
ImageThis is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
ImageNo God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
ImageNo permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. You DO NOT cause irreparable damage to someone's character without their consent. That is a form of God Modding. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
ImageDon't bother people and beg people to rp with you. Don't Harass, and don't push yourself into a situation just to get attention. I will warn only once, then I will kick you out if it happens again.
ImageEVERYONE must take part in the main storyline that I am trying to put out. I will give people freedom, until I hit the big ol' red PLOT button.
I totally didn't rip this from Monika or anything.
Last edited by Aqua on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Aqua
Bronze

RACES

HUMAN

Humans are notorious for being skilled in necromancy, illusion, evocation and transmutation magics. Most humans are born with the capability for magic, and those are the most compatible schools of study for Human kind. Humans also take to weaponry such as swords and crossbows but they aren't capable enchanters and very few are able to craft those of quality.

DRAGONIAN

Dragonians are known for being hardy individuals with a penchant for the magic arts. Divination, Enchantment, Abjuration and Conjuration magics are the kind that are most compatible with Dragonian kind. Much like their human ancestors Dragonians are born with the capability for magic but also take to weaponry. They mostly stick to massive melee weapons that they can use easily with their increased strength, but don't have any penchant for smaller weapons like bows and normal swords.

DWARF

Dwarves are a resilient people that usually live near mountains as thats where much of the good ores and crystals are used in order to craft legendary and mythic weaponry. Dwarves aren't very adept when it comes to magic, but they excel in handmade weaponry. That being said they do have the capability to use the magic energy in the air but not nearly as great as Dragonians and Humans can. Low level spells of any school can be learned by Dwarves. They're said to be the only race that knows how to properly forge a weapon out of Mythic materials such as Everice and Black Fire, and are skilled at making contraptions like Catapults.

ORKS

Orkish people don't build large cities out of stone and brick like the other races do, they instead build huts out of straw and vines and commune with the natural forces. They are inept at Magic however they are the only race that can use Natural Energy in the place of magic. They're masters at Rituals and most elders are at peace with the nature. Nature would go so far as to bring an avalanche down on one of their foes, should the Ork Elder wish it so. That being said not many Orks try to nurture their Natural Energy capability so there are few out there who can call upon it. Orks are skilled with mundane weaponry such as Bows, Crossbows and one handed weapons.

ROLES

Special Forces
Members:

Special Forces+
Members: (Human): Blondie (Ork): Orophin (Dragonian): Monika (Dwarf): Troop

Everybody will be a Special Forces member of whatever Race you decide to have come from, Special Forces+ is just 4 people who have an extra spell/skill in their arsenal specific to their Race that is different and special from everybody else. If you'd like to be a Special Forces+ just ask.
Last edited by Aqua on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Aqua
Bronze

CHARACTER SHEET

Special Forces

Name: (First, Middle, Last)
Nickname:
Race: (There's 4. Dragonian, Dwarf, Human, and Ork. Check Roles for descriptions.)
Weapon(s):
Power(s): (Let's try to keep this to two schools of magic if you're a Dragonian/Human. I don't want either one that knows powerful spells from all 4 schools, even if you are a special forces soldier you can't master everything)
Personality:
Short Summary: (Everybody has a sob story, you can reveal your bio during the RP to whoever you want. I just want a short summary of what was going on before you got called to defend the Capital.)
Appearance: (Anime Please)
Extra:
Last edited by Aqua on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 am

not sure what it is, but it's a blondie rp, and I'll read it when I'm not running a big fever and after I slept.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 am

Name: Veruvia Vanak Vasilius

Nickname: Trip

Race: Human

Weapon(s): Channeling staff, One Handed Swords

Power(s):

Evocation:

Miniature Rose: Trip places one palm above another with about a foot of space between and summons a fireball that exponentially increases in mass while remaining in the space between his hands. When he can no longer contain the energy without his hands blowing off he bring both hands behind the fireball and pushes it towards an enemy or group of enemies. When it has been out of his hands and is no longer being controlled the fireball explodes after a few seconds and a rose of smoke rises into the air over it. This move can only be done by Trip twice in a single day, and if used its second time Trip will fall into a deep sleep afterwards and 7 years will be shorn off of his life.

Fire Storm: Trip raises his staff in the air and makes a swirling motion. Clouds appear in the sky above a group of enemies and Fire Arrows begin raining from the sky. This is an AoE attack and as a result hits people indiscriminately, friends or foes.

Mass Cure Wounds: Trip can heal up to 5 of his team mates, giving them back up to 80% of their health.

Necromancy:

Imprison Soul: Trip has to take 3 days to prepare a receptacle for the soul he wants to imprison. To cast the actual spell he must be touching the person and know their name. Once cast the persons body becomes lifeless and the soul is trapped in the receptacle. If the receptacle is destroyed the soul is released and sent to Hades for judgement. The imprisoned soul must follow whatever commands it is physically capable of.

Reincarnate: Trip has to touch the creature's dead body and cast the spell within 1 week of the death in order for it to work. He also either requires the soul to be under his control, or be willing to return from the afterlife. When cast a new body of any race/species is formed around the free/imprisoned soul. The person remembers their previous life and retains all skills and spells they had learned, while also gaining the benefits from their new body. The person is not immortal and can be killed by normal means. However if an imprisoned soul's body dies, the soul will remain trapped within the receptacle.

Soul Slasher: Trip channels his magic through his channeling staff and sends out a slash that travels through the air. This slash is made out of negative energy, and upon hitting an enemy or a group of enemies will create a deep gash wherever the slash landed. The slash can not travel through enemies so if there is a group of 6 enemies it could only hit the front 3. After it has landed the slash leeches energy from the victim and sends it back to the caster's staff. The enemy is slowed down the more energy gets sucked out of them, until eventually their body crumbles to dust.

Power of Man:

Whisper of Time: A spell that can only be cast in the Temple of Zeit in the capital of the human country of Nervacea, Whisper of Time takes the caster and anybody else within the temple 10 years into the future. Casting the spell again will take the caster and anybody in the temple back to the original time of casting. If whispered at certain doors throughout the world it will open them but will not activate the rest of the spell.

Personality: Trip is Boisterous, Confident and a real Jokester. He got his nickname from having a Triple V in his name as well as tripping all of the other recruits when he was training. He's loud, outgoing and honorable.

Short Summary: Trip was on a mission in a small village at the base of Heristocles, the tallest mountain. A delivery pigeon alerted him to the dangers facing the Capital and so he raced over on his Griffon.

Appearance: Image

Extra: He likes candy.
Last edited by Aqua on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Might make a CS later depending if I have free time. Looks interesting!
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Wow, that's a first. Someone actually C/Ped my rules. lol. I really do think that layout is my favorite, with the gold and black.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:04 pm

Pshhh the disclaimer is totally that I didn't rip it from you.

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Bump