[Rep] System Failure (Open: Still accepting, will close soon.)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Salamander

Re: [Rep] System Failure

Post by Salamander » Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Oh, ok I'm not very smart about these things let me change it.
Q: What do you call a confused salamander.
A: Me
Real A: One that axolotl questions!!!

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon May 14, 2018 6:23 pm

it's ok. Can't learn anything unless you're told about it.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Mon May 14, 2018 6:33 pm

That means they would've either been given forced retirement, which would only happen if they were injured in such a way that even cybernetics couldn't help them, or they would've been sent to a desk job of some sort until they could finish earning their retirements. Being dishonorably discharged and stripped of all rights to own weapons would mean that they had committed some extremely heinous crimes. Which is the only way they would have qualified to be demilitarized. Also, only certain parts of the government are corrupt, not the whole thing.

A better idea for them might be something along the lines of them being ex-military. Meaning they served for a few years but then chose to not reenlist when the time came. Afterwards they could've become a mercenary group who works for the government. Then your character still could've joined in with them. What lead him to discover whichever secret he did could've been them noticing a few things that seemed off during recent jobs. Which would be why he was hacking for information on the government in the first place.
Last edited by Orophin on Mon May 14, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Salamander

Post by Salamander » Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Ok I'll edit that.

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Fafnir: It looks good now. I'll accept it. Thanks for working on it for me without complaining. There's a lot of people who aren't willing to do that so I really appreciate it.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Salamander

Re: [Rep] System Failure (Open: Looking for 2 to 3 more characters.)

Post by Salamander » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 am

No prob.

Tanith
Gold

Post by Tanith » Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Hiya im super intrested!!! I shall work on my character sheet now
Books are better than People

Tanith
Gold

Post by Tanith » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Name: Violet Bradshaw nickname 'The Vixen'

Sex: Female

Personality:  Violet only cares for herself and how she can profit in a situation, infomation for blackmail, Money or weaponry. She is a very quiet person, mostly staying in the shadows which she is used to for her Occupation.

Subclass: Human

Faction: Rebel

Weapons: Rifle and a cross bow automated wrust gauntlet. Is proficient in all weaponry

Abilities: 
Weapons Mastery - Violet has been trained in the use of all weapons since childhood. She is most proficient in the use of small blades, firearms, and archery, but can still pick up any weapon and use it with ease.

Martial Capabilities - As with his training with weapons Violet has been trained in all forms of hand to hand combat, and martial arts. Violet likes to attack with the element of surprise.

Physical Capabilities- Violet is able to hold her breath for an unhumanly long time, she can lower her heart beat and move silently.

Weaknesses: Her own conscience. Her past haunts her every waking moment.

Bio: Violet Bradshaw aka The Vixen is a notorious Assassin and gun for hire. But she wasnt always so well known. As a child she grew up on the streets, an Orphan. At this time she had to steal in order to eat, she learnt the way of pick pocketing and putting on a mask of innocence in order to get out of trouble. At the age of 6 she was taken in by a Generous Gentleman of wealth. He was infact a Notorious assassin who wanted to pass on his knowledge. He relentlessly trained her for her entire childhood and teenage life. Violet would accompany him on missions from a young age, learning on the job. At the age of 17 she struck out on her own to create a name for herself.

A year ago she was framed for the assassination of a well known, powerful figurehead ( upto you who, framed by the bad government organization ). Ever since shes had to keep in the shadows

Appearance:

https://goo.gl/images/jHG8g6

https://goo.gl/images/jtsYng

Voilla... apologies it isnt very long or as detailed as others. If anythinf needs editing just say/ any advice
Books are better than People

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Hello Tanith, glad to see that you are interested in this. Your CS doesn't have to be as big as others so don't worry about that. However I do have a few suggestions for you. First you may want to go over your CS to check some of your spelling. It's not a requirement but you do have a few silly mistakes, including accidentally calling her a him once, just thought you might like to know.

I'd also like for you to think up so more weaknesses for her. At this time she's a bit OP by being skilled in every form of weapons and combat. Maybe you could make one thing be that she's not very physically strong which is why she relies on steal so much. That's just an example though so don't feel required to use it. I would like at least two more weaknesses however.

I have to admit that I'm surprised you don't have part of her personality being something about her being a flirt and using her looks to try to manipulate and get what she wants from people. Especially since her nickname is "The Vixen". Also I was curious if you chose for her to be a human because that's what you wanted her to be or if it was because you couldn't come up with any ideas for her. I'm fine with her being a human. However if you only made her one because you couldn't come up with anything else then I'd be more than willing to help you brainstorm some ideas.

Lastly, I thought I might let you know that if you add a img and have it inside the [ ] symbols and put this at the front of your images link, and then add a [/img] done like this to the back of it then you will be able to see the picture itself instead of just having the link be showing.

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Thu May 17, 2018 7:22 am

(CS)

Name: Raymond Burr

Sex: Male

Personality: Raymond Burr is a man fueled by his emotions. The love he has for what's left of his family, the hatred he has for the people who made him this way. Everything he does is born from something to do with his emotions. That isn't to say the man isn't an intellectual, but he doesn't lead with his brain. With how recent events have been going however he has taken a step back and no longer rushes into situations. He assesses them from a logical standpoint, even if he doesn't spend that long assessing before continuing his course of action. He has a strong sense of justice, but an even stronger hatred for the government.

Subclass: Psionic Cyborg

Faction: Resistance

Weapons: A pump shotgun.

Abilities:

[Trained]

- Raymond knows how to use most guns as he worked for the military at one point.

- Torture Resistant. Because of his Psionic capabilities its rather difficult for somebody to worm their way into his head using powers. As for physical pain, Raymond was trained not to break in those situations.

[Natural]

-The Sight. Raymond's Psionic ability allows him complete spatial awareness within 100 meters in a radius around himself. He can see possible attack outcomes that an enemy might use on him or somebody else within that range.

[Modifications]

-Cybernetic Enhancement. Most of Raymond's head has been replaced by robotic pieces, and there's a massive network of wires and tubes throughout his brain. The metal is to protect his brain of course, the source of his Psionic abilities. The wires and tubes are to enhance his Psionic capability, increasing the radius of his Sight by an additional 100 meters whenever activated. Activation is occurred when Raymond lets out a yell that quickly changes to a high pitched frequency, that gets amplified within his original Sight radius.

Weaknesses:

Despite his spatial awareness, Raymond's gift doesn't come without a cost.

-The Sight itself has a natural weakness, it only predicts and shows possible outcomes. It doesn't give a definitive answer to an attack. If an attacker comes at him with a knife in one hand and a bottle in the other, it will show him all the possibilities of what might be swung first, where the blows may land, and what his actions may be to counter his attacker. It is up to his judgement to predict what will happen in an encounter.

-The Sight can be interrupted if Raymond is hit in the head with even a moderate amount of impact force.

-His metal head amplifies any hit given to it, reverberating through his brain and causing an intense level of distress.

Outside of his Enhancements and his Ability, Raymond has his own human weaknesses as well.

-Raymond isn't an alcoholic per say, but ever since he had his enhancements forced on him he tries to drown out his sight with a bottle or four.

-Any badmouthing his family, his son especially, gets him into an intense rage where all his logic flies out of the window, making his Sight and his reason practically useless to him.

-He only uses his Pump Shotgun as a weapon, out of his own code. As a result he can't engage long range, and he's never good in a fight against a bulletproof enemy.

Bio:

Raymond had the sight his entire life. It never bothered him, it helped him avoid getting stolen from and from getting mugged. It wasn't the perfect system, not until he could learn to control it, but it get the job done. Ever since he was a kid he walked through life with his emotions on his sleeve helping or hurting people depending on the color of his mood. Of course, his life would change for the worse after he turned 17.

Conscription is one mother of a job, Raymond would be the first to yap your ear off about it. He was conscripted into the Military about 3 months after his 17th birthday. He always thought he needed to be 18 first, but something about dire situations allowed a younger conscript...Raymond didn't bother paying much attention to it. He was trained how to use most types of guns and went through boot camp like any other soldier. He wasn't the smartest kid, but he knew enough to keep his mouth shut about his ability.

He didn't have much to complain about. Made friends, hell he made brothers in the Military. He had always been an only child at home, and his mother and father never really paid him special attention so he held his bonds with people in a special spot in his heart. He was 25 before he knew it and madly in love with somebody he thought would just be another one of his flings while he was on leave. His son Jaime would be born 6 months later, and Raymond convinced his superiors to give him the day off for his Son's birth.

Jessie and his mother moved around a lot, they liked to stay close to Raymond. Jessie was 6 years old when Raymond and his mother took him out to his favorite park, in the town he was born. It must have been one of the best days of his life, Raymond and Jessie's both. But unfortunately for both of them it would be cemented as the beginning of the end.

Raymond and his wife were confronted by a Cyborg with a complete metal head, and two glowing red eyes. Raymond instantly recognized them as Military grade enhancements, which threw him off. Weaponized eyes weren't exactly the Military's go to optimization because it required extensive work and a whole lot of money. Raymond never found out why the Cyborg was sent there, but his best guess ended up being that it was an assassination attempt on his life.

Using his sight he calculated many possible outcomes to the encounter. He predicted that the man would try to kill him, and he also predicted the death of both his son and his wife. He tried to gain the Cyborg's attention by slamming his fist into the Cyborg's gut. He wasn't trained in hand to hand combat but he knew it must have hurt because the Cyborg doubled over. When he came back up his eyes flashed red and Raymond closed his eyes. Jaime screamed, a low yell that quickly turned to a high pitched scream.

When Raymond popped his eyes open the Cyborg had dashed down the road already, turning a corner. Raymond had popped his eyes open. And he had heard Jaime scream only seconds before. His insides twisted, as he came to a heart stopping revelation. Raymond turned his head to the left and looked down, his wife's face had caved in and melted.

Raymond was distraught and so his decision making wasn't the best that day. When he got back to duty, he ended up telling one of his superiors about the encounter in hopes to get information on the cyborg. In doing so he revealed his Psionic ability, spelling his doom. The Military took a large interest in the soldier after that. They upped his salary a whole lot, which made him suspicious. But it was waking up in the middle of the night missing half of his face on an operating table that nearly drove him out the door. Nearly.

If it wasn't for a doctor quickly noticing and sedating him, he either could have died, killed everybody in the room, or both. At least that's what the sight told him in the brief few seconds he was awake.

The next time he woke up he had been completely fitted with Cybernetic enhancements. They explained to him that there were tubes and wires in his brain in order to double the range of his 'Sight', activated by emitting a low yell that turns into a high pitched frequency. Apparently they took that from the part of his story where his son screamed. Not like his range doubled at that time but that was besides the point for Raymond.

They trained him to not break under torture, and they began sending him into high stress situations where he could use his ability to plot out the best situation in the midst of battle, and relay predictions to soldiers. It didn't always work, but the Military lest less soldiers and it made them happy. Occasionally he would preform an assassination or two on a low level target, only because the Military had 'Better trained' people for the high level assassinations. "They were born for it", they always told him.

When Raymond opened his Superior's door two years ago to ask him a question about his next day of leave and he saw the man who killed his wife chatting it up with him, his sight gave him two options. Murder everybody in the facility and certainly die in the rampage or leap out the window and probably die getting shot on his way out.

He jumped out the window, and every shot fired by his brothers-in-arms mysteriously hit the dirt under his feet. He learned through his week of being on his own that many of his brothers also jumped ship and a few even came to join him in his self proclaimed exile. 7 days in one of them brought the news that would shape the rest of his life up to this point. William Scott, supposedly the name of the man who killed his wife, had kidnapped Jaime.

A few hours later the military burst into the warehouse where he was hiding. Many of his brothers in arms were gunned down. The Military's mistake was not bringing Mr. Scott with them to subdue Raymond. He activated his enhancements, his shrill frequency causing a slight lowering of every soldier's guns. He produced a pump shotgun from the table, one of his favorite weapons, and unloaded as the scream was finishing off. By the time he could see the possible outcomes of the fight with his enhanced sight, he had already unloaded into 5 of the soldiers and blew their heads off. The remaining bullets from the spray flung themselves into other soldiers heads and before he knew it he stood over the bodies of several lethal agents, including his old superior. Two of his brothers in arms survived the fight, and one of them knew just were to go next.

It was time that Raymond Burr join the Resistance.

Appearance:
His brain and what the armor looks like.
Only his left eye and his lips are visible now
Last edited by Aqua on Fri May 18, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.