[REQ] SoulXKnight

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

[REQ] SoulXKnight

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 pm

OPEN AND ACCEPTING

Astoria...the homeland to all of humankind. An active battleground as its natural inhabited are being pressured to take up steel; their homeland being conquered by invaders seeking a goal only propaganda can guess. The Telethians. An empire of Dark Elves natural to the West across the 'Jurai Sea' from a land unknown to humans. The Telethian forces equipped with far advanced weaponry, stratagem, and technology. In their first thirty years of assault the Telethians were able to conquer two of the five major cities of Astoria. Each of its cities wield powerful history in their names, forcing the emotions and passions of humans to arise. However although their spirits were high, human forces were defeated as their metal could not compete.

With the passage of time, the Dark Elven forces drew ever so closer to the capitol city. Forty years into the conflict, the brightest minds came together developing tools that could in the near future change the direction entirely! However more to their surprise came with these tools; new knowledge that could aid the humans for generations to come! Taking advantage, humans were able to gain themselves one rank higher to the capabilities of Telethia. While bringing a newfound hope these tools on the battle field had the capabilities of massive destruction in the wrong hands. If uncontrolled by a person of exceptional will and physical prowess, not only will they be destroyed by the weapon but the weapon will destroy itself. It is expected that those who can master these tools will eventually give humanity a greater edge and possibly even emerge victorious in the war.
For now only hope can guide them through. And it was through this hope that acted as the catalyst for the 'Calibur Era'. A time of military and scientific progression during a moment of despair.

For seventy five years humans have kept their clutch on what remains of their land, their pride. Despite only twelve years ago having another city stripped from them with only the two remaining.

Even with the might the Caliburs had brought, their power was still limited. The Caliburs...weapons made from the very souls of monsters and harnessing the volatile force of Esper. A power that tunes the wielder of the Calibur to the nature of the original monster as well as access to their abilities. While it may sound simple not just anyone can wiled on of these tools; just like not anyone can draw a well crafted portrait. The ability to successfully use a Calibur must be developed and trained. If ones body does not meet the necessary and stringent physical and mental requirements the weapon could reject and kill on attempt. To determine which individuals has the latent potential, the 'Soul Corps' had been created. Made up of elite soldiers, the 'Soul Corps' enlists individuals with the potential. To join going through the ordinary boot camp is a requirement.

Getting lucky if the eye of its leader 'Arturo Luna', or one of his hand picked associates spot a potential user, a invitation will be sent. That isn't the end. Before being officially in the ranks an intense and strict aptitude test with many factors into consideration. It is by passing through the aptitude test should you don the title of 'Soul Knight'. After the extensive three-year training learning not only how to manipulate Esper but identify their Calibur that they resonate with should they be ready to go onto the field. As a Soul Knight the responsibility is high taking on assignments and tasks that the kingdom considers elite. The most dangerous position in the military, with the probability of death at an eighty-percent. However it compliments the strong and the skillful as they are the ones who live on.

Without the strong the war would be over. They inspire the future warriors and act as the memory of those who have fallen. It is through them can we hope, and eventually believe. Believe in the strong and the we all become stronger!
====

What is it exactly?

These aren't toys that can simply be crafted and repaired at a blacksmith. These weapons flow with the mystical force we named 'Esper'. The engine of these weapons are crystals known as 'Life-Gems'. Jewels that flow themselves with volatile and unstable Esper. By fusing them with an unknown process, the weapons are crafted harboring resemblances of the original monster it was crafted from; granting a small fraction of the monsters abilities to the user. It should be noted a person has their own physical limit to how much Esper their body can produce; with a Calibur it is amplified by a small amount which enables them to utilize its abilities. No human can 'fully' use their Caliburs abilities to the strength of the original monsters. Weapons come in all shapes and sizes, varying from very simple designs to complex and unique designs.

The Corps has two factions of placement. These factions act as trainers in specific styles and strategies for combat. Also crafting gear and armor in specific styles from various cultures whether from Astoria or other countries. It isn't required to join a faction but highly advised as they grant extended knowledge into combat and identifying roles. Often times the factions are also used as social gathering places to ease the mind outside of combat. They are as followed:

The Silver Cubs:
This faction hones the original culture, ideals and strategies of Astoria. There isn't really anything 'truly' special about this faction other than it being the most respected by Astorias citizens. Even the king himself publicly acknowledges his high respect for the Silver Cubs.[They are the equivalent of the typical Medieval European group].

The Whispering Dynasty:
A group inspired and intrigued with the fighting styles, armor crafting and even culture of the Southern Elven foreign lands.[The Southern Elven lands are not the Telethian nor are associated with the conflict. In terms of the 'real world' they would be the equivalent of a blend between Feudalistic Japan and 'Three Kingdom Period' China.] Most noted for taking covert operations and acting more like a black-ops. While members of the Whispering Dynasty are fierce, it is the least respected faction in Astoria. Borrowing ideas and knowledge from foreign lands especially one that isn't aiding Astoria is criticized.

In dire times, when victory is not assured wielders of Caliburs must rely on their last resort. A technique used as a final sacrifice or a final attempt to save ones life. The Overdrive. By forcefully exceeding their bodies limit of Esper usage the weapons ability becomes a bit closer to the strength of the original monsters. An Overdrive is determined by the body and soul of the wielder:

Edge-Overdrive: An Overdrive that focuses on amplifying one of its abilities to a more extreme level. Edge-Overdrives are fairly simple and can in some cases be devastating. A unique aspect of these types of Overdrives are their charge capabilities, by using more and more Esper. As expected the cost for this is high, eventually one will be using their very own life force as fuel for their Overdrive. After their life force depletes, the individual will die(obviously). The stronger and more devastating the ability, the longer it takes to charge and more to fuel.

Armor-Overdrive: An overdrive transforming the Calibur into a wearable armor, enhancing physical traits. Armor-Overdrives have very strict physical requirements that must be met. If not, the user will be killed and crushed inside of their own armor. Each Armor(based on the individual and monster) targets one physical trait and amplifies it while lack in others. Strength, Agility or Reflexes. Armors also create massive tension on the body as it continuously uses Esper. Similar to Edge-Overdrives, if used longer than ones limit it begins to take away their own life force.

Unique-Overdrive:
In rare cases, an Overdrive might develop that does not fall within the two categories. These Unique Overdrives can take different forms than the previous categories and in some cases follow a different set of rules and restrictions. However due to their rarity and unpredictability there isn't a measured minimum of physical or mental restrictions. Though these are not as potent as compared to an Edge or Armor Overdrive.
====
Some Extra Info:
*Members of the Corps can carry another weapons along with them during missions to prevent them on being dependent on their Calibur.
*Most missions are carried out with a squad of four. However for more important missions the number can vary depending on who's being assigned.
*Twelve years ago was the most recent attack by the Elven invaders taking a hold of another city, leaving only two more standing.
*In terms of technology, Astoria has begun development into Steam powered transportation as to give an idea of human tech.
====
Rules of the RP
1)You must always follow not only the rules of this thread, but the rules of the Intermediate section and of the Forums in general.
2)If any issues occur in the RP, allow I as GM to handle them. If you have an issue with another user or anything in the RP, PM it to me.
3)No overpowered characters. No Meta-Gaming. No auto-hitting, auto-killing, etc. I have a very low tolerance for this sort of stuff.
4)All OOC must remain in the respected OOC thread[this includes "Marked' and the like]. All RP posts must be posted in the respected RP thread.
Character Sheets will be posted in this thread, and I will move the accepted character sheets to the corresponding CS thread. That's how you will know you're accepted. Keeps everything tidy.
Last edited by ShaFlow on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

ShaFlow

Re: [REQ] SoulXKnight

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Character Sheet Template
Name:
Personality:
Monster Details:[This is where all the info about your monster goes. What is required is it's abilities, and measurements. Everything else is optional. Nothing over 40 meters tall please.]
Calibur Design:[Just a simple description or picture will work]
Calibur Abilities:[Try not to go over board with this]
Overdrive:[Give a clear description on what it is as well as its limits. If it is an Armor mention which trait it amplifies.]
Faction:[If involved with the placements.]
Bio:
Preset Relationships:
Appearance:
Extra:
Last edited by ShaFlow on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Post reserved for whatever I feel like it

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 am

Bumping

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 am

I'll just bump this because I'm bored.

Samuelle66

Post by Samuelle66 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 am

I’d be 100% interested in this lol

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:31 am

SAMMMM!!!! HIII!!! KALI HERE!
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Samuelle66

Post by Samuelle66 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 am

My dude lol

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:26 am

Cool sauce

Samuelle66

[REQ] SoulXKnight

Post by Samuelle66 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 am

Name: Samuelle Montinaru

Personality: Samuelle is a strong willed straightforward man. One who’s always strived for excellence he is seen by others as a pillar of strength and honor. While on the battle field he resembles a monk. Cool calm and collected yet incredibly strong and resolute.

Monster Details: Known as the Maō Gorilla. When the power is infused with that of a human it grants them Ultra-enhanced strength and speed. Once was a Demon of unparalleled strength and has only ever had one weilder. About 25 feet tall. Image

Calibur Design: Image

Calibur Abilities: These gauntlets increase the Knights Speed, Strength, and Reflex’s 10 fold also enhancing their hand to had combat skills by the same amount.

Overdrive: Edge-Overdrive. Boosts e levels exponentially also Increases normal abilities by another 10x. Elevates esper levels so high it becomes visible and allows me infuse esper with my staff making it do tremendous damage.

Faction: The Whispering Dynasty

Bio: WIP

Preset Relationships: Unknown

Appearance:Image
Extra:Alternative Armor Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk