[REQ][OPEN]Tales of Varnalia

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [REQ]Tales of Varnalia

Post by Monika » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:57 am

Going to try to get this up within the next day or so, so anyone who wants in at the start of the RP, this is your last call.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm setting up my character, pretty much done on the artistic side; I'm adding a Dire to the setting.
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Also, a question I forgot to ask, what is the extent to use maga on inanimate objects? I'm aware that maga usage is pretty much... Up to the user's limitations, but I wouldn't want to cross borders. I'm planning to have a weaponsmith character that mainly uses it to craft and fix equipment/tools/items, and wondered if it can, say, rejuvenate(In case of wooden/leather parts) or help fuse materials at the forge. Anything extra would be nice to know.
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 pm

NAME: Hunuki

RACE: Kit

BIOGRAPHY: Born the youngest prince of Varnalia, Hunuki was raised in the castle, Paradis. He had a fairly normal upbringing, but from a young age Hunuki seemed to prefer life outside of the castle. He preffered talking to guards and servants and individual villagers that he was able to see. as he grew older his focus on the city grew. While his brother explored the world outside of the city Hunuki instead focused on the city his family ruled. Often times sneaking out to see how his city actually worked. By the time his 18th birthday Hunuki had grown into a young man who cared deeply for his home. He usually spends his time mostly in the city of Paradis, or in the soldiers barracks getting to know them.

PERSONALITY: A kind and passionate person when it comes to the things he likes. Usually a bit obsessive at times. He is always willing to help anyone and everyone he can. He loves people. He can be a bit absent minded to other things that he's not focused on.

APPEARANCE:

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 pm

NAME: Kantaro Tsutsumi

BIOGRAPHY:
Born and raised in a well traveled city near the black road and the scaleborn lands Kantaro lead a rather dull life. His life was politics, negotiations, glad handing and smooth talking, though sometimes his high position got to his head. His own marriage was arranged, though he loves his wife and daughter, and is excited at the prospect of arranging a union with his family and royal bloodline.

PERSONALITY:
Somewhat rude to his lessers or competitors Kantaro is a politically minded businessmen through and through. He is well versed in the ways of bureaucracy and prefers to follow them with long winded meetings and negotiations than do anything for himself.

APPEARANCE:

Black hair, ears, and tail

(This character won't last long)

_________
NAME: Amaya Tsutsumi

BIOGRAPHY:

Raised in a walled city bordering the black road and the scaleborn lands Maya grew up with the constant fear of scaleborn raids and a curiosity about the world beyond the walls. Her father rarely left the city, and when he did rarely took her along, but she got occasional glimpses of the outside through the pilgrims and traders that came in as well as the tutors her father hired for her.

Her favorite study by far was combat. The warriors hired on told fantastic tales of battles won in far off lands. She paid great attention to them, how they fought, and even got her magic instructor to teach her how to form weapons from the base components such as metal and wood. Soon she could switch between weapons with ease and her bodyguards doubled as sparring partners.

As she grew older her father emphasised the importance of politics more and more. While Amaya understood they were needed, she found her father's way of talking a problem to death unsavory. She did not want to sit idly by and argue her case while others suffered. This has caused a few arguments between the the two of them, but not as much as his current plan to have her married off to the young Prince. With the promise of seeing the capital she promised to behave...for now...but has no intention on being a pawn her fathers political game.

PERSONALITY:

A little wild for a noble Amaya prefers action over endless debate and hates being stuck inside all day. She enjoys training or any physical activity to let of steam. She enjoys learning about other people and places and hopes to visit them someday.

APPEARANCE:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:45 am

NAME: Kraven

RACE: Dire

BIOGRAPHY: He hasn't exactly had much of a life. He has been a orphan for as long as he can remember and grew up in a small village right inside one of the denser forest that have been inhabited. His village was made up of many different races but still no one seemed to know where he came from. He has lived on his own his whole life and taught himself how to hunt, track, trap, forage, and even scavenge when necessary. He makes his way as a hunter, furer, and pathfinder whenever necessary. Which is what lead him to working as an advance scout in the service to the future Queen of the Scaleborn. He was one of, if not exactly, the youngest person under her command.

She became one of the few people that he could consider to be a friend. He helped her during many missions, including a certain one that lead to a prison where many Scaleborn were being held and tortured. Many who were held without cause. Because of his service he became a periodic employee to the Queen after she took up her title. He has helped her on many jobs that would require a person to be able to move about unnoticed. He was recently contacted to help on another job. He is to provide extra security at the upcoming birthday of the young Kit Prince, Hunuki.

PERSONALITY: He is an outcast and a loner. Never really having had the chance to get close to anyone he is slow to trust. Having lived with nothing for most of his life he is resentful of those who seem to have everything. However, he is also protective of those who have suffered loss because of what he went through in his own past. That is especially true of those who are homeless and those that are orphans. He dreams of one day belonging and having a family but doesn't really believe that it is likely to ever happen.

APPEARANCE: Image
He carries throwing knives all over him, also has a few bolos, has two daggers that he uses to fight, and carries a bo staff with him that can also have a string attached to it in order to be used as a bow. He also has a quiver filled with arrows that he carries across his back.

(Hope this is OK Hunuki. Just thought I'd try having more than one character this time just to add a little variety.)

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Scrap that-- I'm bringing back my old character. Hunuki! I have a question I already asked before... When I did my Kit character, I asked about forbidden magic; but I don't remember exactly what kind of answer did you give me. So I'll ask again, what are the limitations for someone who would meddle with forbidden magic? I believe I asked something about black magic that time...? I'm only requiring some of this to fill in the blanks of the biography I'm missing, since I don't have a back-up of the character. x-x

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:15 pm

there is no "forbidden magic" in this world. things like life and death are not handled the same way as normal settings

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Role Playing Forums v4.2.0.

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Then what kind of thing did I ask last time...? Uhh, I feel dumb for not even remembering my character properly. Are you free at the moment? I can shoot a few quick questions either on the RPChat extension or Discord, which could make this a lot faster.

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:46 pm

shoot me a pm with questions.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Role Playing Forums v4.2.0.