[REQ][OPEN]Tales of Varnalia

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Hunuki

[REQ][OPEN]Tales of Varnalia

Post by Hunuki » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:25 pm

VARNALIA

A world that is ancient and ageless. It's creation is a myth that has been passed down for thousands of years.

Three dragons created the universe and all of reality. Three brothers, three ancient Gods. Ortsa, Baruga, and Xothull. After eons of creating and shaping the universe something changed. The legend states that Xothull became corrupted. A dark force spread through him, tainting him and turning him against his brothers. A war erupted through the universe, countless world's destroyed and devoured. Xothull had become an unstoppable glutton, seeking power and a never ending hunger for death and destruction. Eventually it's said that Xothull was beaten. But what truly happened is unknown. Both brothers weak and wounded from fighting created Varnalia and slumbered inside of it. Or so the legend goes.

Belfeia, the capital of Varnalia and the home of the royal family. It's a day of celebration in Varnalia. The youngest son of the royal family, Hunuki has finally come of age to marry and start his pilgrimage. The city has been flooded with people there to party and see the prince off on his journey. The smaller royal families have also attended, in hopes of perhaps marrying their daughters off to the young prince.

RACES

There is a breadth of races in Varnalia.

These races are:

The kit are one of the oldest races, and the current holders of the position for the Rulers of Varnalia. The kit are most distinct with their feline features, While they generally look human, they have cat ears and a tail, giving them incredible balance and hearing.usually built slender to average, and range in normal human height and weight. They are also generally curios and kind. Most Kit reside in the current capital of Belfeia, Paradis.
Average Lifespan: 170 years

The Dire are an extremely loyal race, their canine features are treated as important symbols to the Dire. Often chosen as great warriors and soldiers. The Dire are as old as the Kit, and share a similar lifespan. Thousands of years ago the Dire once ruled Belfeia, and were said to of been tyrants and ruled the world with an iron fist. Most Dire now also reside in Paradis as the royal guard and protectors of the kingdom. Intelligent and strong willed, the dire take pride in everything they do. Build stouter and taller than Humans and Kit, the Dire have an incredible sense of smell above any other race.
Average Lifespan: 170 years

Elves previously used to be humans. When the Elium ruled the kingdom their ruler went mad, releasing a devistating spell all over Varnalia that altered and changed humans. This change killed nearly half of the human population. The rest of the races were unaffected. Those that survived become badly scarred and infused with Maga, This gave birth to the elves. Elves are horribly scarred all over their bodies. The maga flowing through them in unpredictable and unstable. Elves live longer than any other race, but have only 500 years to live before the Maga in their bodies is gone completely.
Finite Lifespan: 500 Years

The Elium are arguably the oldest race. The Elium are incredibly powerful with arcane and magic. Elium's distinct features are their horns. Legend says that the Elium were originally unicorns. Their singular horns spiral outwards from the middle of their heads, pointing upwards to the stars. The Elium's horns are linked with their magic abilities, some Elium even channel their magics into the horn to strengthen the magic's effectiveness, Elium are often pale and beautiful. They are shorter than humans, and often built much slimmer. Things such as combat and fighting are very rare for Elium to be adept in.
Average Lifespan: 190 Years

The Forest Kin are the most mysterious race in Belfeia. As ancient as the Eleium, the Forest Kin rarely leave their wooded homes. Often associated with druids and healers. They are linked with their forests, and their Gods, Shoshan and Sarma. Two Dieties that control the Sun and the Moon, as well as the seasons, said to of been born from the Oldest Trees in Varnalia. Oldest Forest Kin rarely take to any city. Any that do socialize are generally seen in small villages as healers and farmers. Forest Kin are most easily identified by their long and elegant Antlers growing from their heads, as well as the deer like noses and large eyes. They are often times small and frail, much shorter and built much thinner than any other races in Varnalia.
Average Lifespan: 185 Years

The Scaleborn are the outliers of Belfeia. Scaleborn are a broad race of serpent and dragonlike people that have been unified under a new Queen. The scaleborn are often seen as barbarians, but have their own structure. (Scaleborn generally as the name states have scales on their bodies and serpent like tongues, most have tails as well) The sub races of the Scaleborn are Drakonian, Serpine, and Lizardfolk. Each sub race has it's own cultures, rulers, and backgrounds.
Average Lifespan: 200 Years

OTher Info:

MAGIC:

The world was given life by the dragons, their essence is in every blade of grass, drop of water and creature on the planet. This essence has been designated as Maga. Maga is the core of everything on Varnalia and assumedly the entire universe. How you manipulate and understand Maga and how adept you are at it determines the skill of a mage.

The fundamentals of Maga Mastery are understanding how to draw out Maga from the world around you ( including yourself) and then figuring the formula to turn raw Maga into whatever you desire. While the world is made of a singular essence. It's infinite complexities make becoming a Maga Master nearly unachievable, but not impossible.

nterracial Pregnancy only works for certain races. And it is dependent on who the mother is in this world. the child will only be the same race as the mother. There are reasons for this that if the group wants to find out will have to role play for it. Scaleborn cannot breed or have any children with any non Scaleborn race. Elves are also the same way. That being said Interracial relationships are perfectly fine, just realize that if it's those two races with another you cannot have any children.
There is much more information about this setting. If you have any questions I will happily answer them. Don't feel like any question is to simple. This universe has been in my mind since I was a kid. I have pretty much everything planned out and accounted for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These sprites are small magical beings that often scavenge for trinkets and discarded objects left by humans and other races. Their sizes can vastly vary from the size of a marble to as large as a softball.

Mights are generally timid in nature, avoiding confrontation at nearly all costs. Though a few rare Mights have been known to brandish weapons and defend themselves (These weapons are often forks or toothpicks)

Most mights build their homes around themselves, (examples above) and live in their homes, doubling as their armor. Mights also love to steal candies and treats from other races, though they will always leave something in place of what they stole. To the Might it is considered a barter, and not outright theft.

RP Playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaLeO-2 ... XDjUhuVh_4

Will be updated regularly
Last edited by Hunuki on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hunuki

Re: [REQ]Tales of Varnalia

Post by Hunuki » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:27 pm

CHARACTER SHEET:

NAME:

RACE:

BIOGRAPHY:

PERSONALITY:

APPEARANCE:

FlameRolePlay

Post by FlameRolePlay » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 am

Aye, this is a pretty cool idea, expect to see a Dire character in the possible near future, hopefully~

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:00 am

When I get some other things done, I'll possibly make a Kit or Forest Kin, because this is an interesting idea.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:58 am

Hey Hunuki. Of course I'll join in on this again. I'll get my character up tomorrow.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:39 am

Sounds interesting - If I can think of a good character I will post mh CS asap!
Love, Kitty!

shadowvoidboss
Silver

Post by shadowvoidboss » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:57 am

I will join this.
When life gives you lemons make orange juice... cause fuck the world. XD

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Edit: Removed, this character needs somewhere with a little more creative license. Good luck to all participating, have fun!
Last edited by illirica on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

♡ Yin

♡ 17

♡ Female

♡ Forestkin

♡ Yin's life has been as normal as could be, her family was supportive and happily taught her the magic of healing, curing and treating wounds. Yin had always been fascinated with the magic her mother used to let her cuts disappear into nothing, gaining her determination to become a healer herself someday. After her father died and she and her mother moved to a small village at the edge of a forest, Yin began helping out her mother with her work as the village's healer. She was always fairly shy and blossomed through her healing magic.

♡ Yin is a quiet, relatively shy girl who cares and loves the few friends she has made. The forestkin is very careful and worries quickly, wanting to heal anyone who is suffering, even if they were her enemy. The curious girl has always gotten herself in troublesome situations and easily gets nervous and scared.

♡ Yin is 4'9 tall and often stands out thanks to her unique appearance, which is how she got her name. Her family believes that it's a sign from the two dieties that control the Sun and the Moon, Shoshan and Sarma.
Last edited by KittycatCookie on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love, Kitty!

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Aomw Clarification. Every race lives around 200 years. The races in this setting age slowly as far as physically. But someone who is 30 is considered 30 in our years here on earth. The only exception to this are the elves, and they have a reason for it.

PLEASE ask me things before you presume and try to make thinks you don't know on your own. It's my fault for not including the lfespans of each race inthe intro post. I apologize. Just please ask me anything.