[REQ][F] Guardians of Legacy

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Reyn

[REQ][F] Guardians of Legacy

Post by Reyn » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:21 am

Let me tell you a story of how things once were.

Humans were not always the dominant species. Long before we developed Anima, the only form of magic in the world came from demons. These creatures, children of the Dark Gods, fed on the souls of humans, hunting them down with ruthless efficiency and driving our numbers into the ground. For years, it seemed as though there was no hope for us. We were powerless against the demon threat, unable to fight back against their devastating magic. Society only existed in fortified havens, surrounded by dark forests that would kill all who set foot in them. We were unable to grow, unable to thrive, and, it seemed, unable to survive.

Then the World Gods sent down one last gift. They poured the remains of their dying souls into four human vessels, granting each one power beyond comprehension. They became known as the Four Guardians; the Red Dragon, the Black Wolf, the Blue Serpent, and the White Phoenix. Through their power and close bond with each other, the Guardians were able to push back the demons, allowing human civilisation to spread to places it was previously unable to touch. It took mere decades before almost all demons were eradicated, and humanity was left to rule over the world as the World Gods had wanted. All was peaceful, and the Guardians were worshipped as heroes. From there, they used their great power to further human society... but their power was not to come without consequence.

For all their differences, the Guardians were still, technically, humans. The human soul is not made to withstand the strain of godlike power, and eventually the time came for this strain to show. One by one, the Guardians' power corrupted them, turning them into monsters so horrifically cruel that the other, sane Guardians had no choice but to kill them before more damage was done. The Red Dragon was the first to go, burning the southern kingdoms to cinders in a sudden fit of maddening wrath. Then came the Serpent, shrouding the lands of the west in a toxic miasma that brought about a painful end to those caught in its grip. The Black Wolf fell last, as she razed dozens of eastern cities to the ground with countless blades made from the air itself.

We do not know what happened to the White Phoenix. Unlike the other Guardians, his power was not particularly destructive. He was a man who could never die, and was able to draw power from the souls of those he had wounded in order to do... something. It was with this power that he was able to defeat the last fallen Guardian, and it was thought that he could do no further harm. As time went on, sightings and records of his presence became more sparse, until he seemed to have disappeared entirely...

If he ever existed at all.

----

Felraven is a kingdom that thrives on structure. From the military to the education system, everything is split into four Factions, each based on the old legend of the Guardians. There are the Dragons, who act as the creators and builders, the Serpents, who serve in government and law, the Wolves, who work as the military, and the Phoenixes, who work in research and education. Citizens are assigned a Faction when they turn 16 and, whilst it is possible to change given the right paperwork, it is strongly frowned upon to act outside of your chosen Faction.

Magic in Felraven is a rather complex thing. Humans are able to use a force known as Anima; a natural energy made of the remnants of the demons' souls, but they can only use it if it is channelled through an item. These items, known as Catalysts, can come in many forms, though most prefer to use a sort of weapon. Each Catalyst is linked to one soul and one soul only from the moment it is made; only its owner would be able to channel Anima through it. The form of Anima changes according to the soul of the wielder, often taking the form of elements or other basic magic types. All citizens are required to have a Catalyst from the age of 16, when the Faction is chosen. Unlike the Faction, the Catalyst cannot be changed.

----

Reports have come out about a mysterious presence to the east of the kingdom. Patrolling Wolves claim to have spotted some sort of shadowy monster running through the woods, and they believe it to be the source of the recent kidnapping of the Queen's daughter, Princess Camellia. To investigate this, the Captain of the Guard has sent out a call for a team to be sent out to investigate this monster's presence, and has specifically requested that people from all Factions should be able to apply.

----

A man stood on the top of a cliff, looking over the horizon with a grim frown on his face. With a gentle sigh, he raised his hand, and a black crow flew down to land on his outstretched arm. He stood there, perfectly still, bathed in the pale moonlight from the starless sky as he continued to gaze forwards. It was only when the crow had left that he began to move again, slowly reaching into his coat to pull out a short, silver dagger. In one, swift motion, the man plunged the blade into his heart, and spent his last moments silently watching his blood pour down the cliff's edge like a waterfall.

But Reynnnn this doesn't make senseeeeeeee.....

UH plot fantasy yay. ask for uh. details and shit i guess????????huhu

Those Rulez

- Don't be a dick.
- Please fill out the whole CS
- No godmodding/autohitting/OP characters blah blah blah. It must be actually possible for
your character to lose a fight.
- You know how neurotic I am with power descriptions. Specifics and details about them are ideal (i.e. how they're cast).
- A basic rule to follow is that every attack must be potentially avoidable.
- Stick with what you've written. This means no adding extra powers, abilities, or changing
your CS after it has been accepted.
- PM me if you have ideas for plot, I guess, but I'm not going to deviate too much from what I've planned.
- Violence is fine, but no killing/permanent damage without consent.
- Cursing is fine, but don't go overboard.
- Romance is allowed, but not encouraged (and, for god's sake, no love at first sight...)
- If you have any questions, ask me. I have the tendency to not explain things well first try.
- Put 'Information alone is not enough.' on your CS because you have read these rules.
- Please put your unwanted eyes in the Eye Donation Box by the door, it's for science :)
- Every time you put 'to be revealed' in anything, I'm going to put one (1) lego on your floor, positioned carefully so that you are guaranteed to step on it whenever you try to leave :))))
Here we go: Dyscontrolled Galaxy!

Reyn

Re: [REQ][F] Guardians of Legacy

Post by Reyn » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:22 am

CS

Name:
Catalyst:
Anima Type: (Can only be used through the Catalyst.)
Anima Abilities: (This would be weaker than magic abilities in other RPs, most likely, so be sensible. I'd say a maximum of 3, but I'm willing to be flexible.)
Personality: (Do Not List)
Bio:
Appearance:
Other:
Extra:
Last edited by Reyn on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reyn

Post by Reyn » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:22 am

also maybe lore and shit goes here but this is literally more lore than fucking rp premise at the moment so

anyway thats all the post reserves i need u guys can say hi now if youre not put off by my wall of incomprehensible loredump

Kali

Post by Kali » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:24 am

Another Reyn Rp. Yay. I'm in, even though I haven't read it yet. lol
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

Reyn

Post by Reyn » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:57 am

:D

FeatherBlood

Post by FeatherBlood » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Meh, sure why not. Nice lore, cool people, I'll join
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Reyn

Post by Reyn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:13 pm

CS up lads

Midnyte64

Post by Midnyte64 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 am

I completely understand this. I might join. lol

gustavagust

Post by gustavagust » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:48 pm

So what is the Anima type is that the element or is it somthing else?
No Matter What
My Heart Will Be Forever Yours

And I Will Fight
Until the Day I See You Again

Kali

Post by Kali » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:36 pm

It says that the anima type is elements or other type of magic. Depending on the person.
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?