[Req] The Opal Tournament

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

[Req] The Opal Tournament

Post by Monika » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Welcome to the Opal Dimension, home to the Serenian Arena and the Opal Tournament, held annually by the ruler of the dimension.

As it states on your invitation, you are one of the hundred chosen throughout the entire Universe, to compete in this tournament. Food and Lodging are included, so please enjoy your stay in Serenia, the Capital of The Opal Dimension.

Third Place Prize: 100,000 Opals (conversion rate differs between worlds, but it would be roughly 1.2 million Earth Currency.)

Second Place Prize: 500,000 Opals (Roughly 5.4 Million Earth Currency)

First Place Prize: 500,000 Opals and One Wish Fulfilled. The Wish cannot be used for more currency, ultimate power, the death of someone, the destruction of anything, the bodily harm of someone, someone falling in love with you or others, and so forth. You will be told if a wish is inappropriate or not.

So what are you waiting for!? Train hard and make your world proud!
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Req] The Opal Tournament

Post by Monika » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 pm

This will be a fighting tournament with rules designed to attempt a fairness to it. I will be adding combat rules on top of my normal set.

General Rules
  1. Everything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
  2. Everything I say is law, and the I get the final word.
  3. Respect EVERYONE. If you don't like a person, play nice. If you're having an issue with someone, let me know. I will deal with it. Don't take it out on the person and be rude.
  4. Keep curse words to a minimal, though I'd prefer you to not curse at all.
RP Rules
  1. This is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
  2. No God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
  3. No permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. I don't care if it's "your character", "what your character would do", "I told you it would happen if you did that" or whatever. You DO NOT cause irreparable damage to someone's character without their consent. That is a form of God Modding. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
Combat Rules
  1. As stated above, no godmodding. Or as others sometimes call it 'auto-hitting' but godmodding extends beyond that. Any attacks or moves that are godmodded, will not be considered valid and your opponent has the right and permission to act as though it never happened. Short version: You godmod, you lose.
  2. Winners will be decided by creativity alone! Your skill in being able to find ways to dodge, block, evade, counter, ect will affect your character's skill! if you can't find a way to dodge an energy blast, within your character's abilities, you WILL be hit by it. This was how it was done when I did combat in RPs, and the system worked. Use this as a chance to get better.
  3. Combat will be carried out as this- You type out your entire attack, but use wordings similar to: 'He slammed his fist into his opponent with all his might, and readies an energy blast if the opponent is sent flying." Any type of 'auto hit' is acceptable as long as you DO NOT continue your post as though that attack actually hit. I can elaborate if necessary.
  4. There will be two forms of combat! Speed and Para.
    • Speed is short, one-lined attacks designed to, as it states, be quick. This term used to designate that there was a time limit between posts, but as this isn't a chat room, I'm not going to hold anyone to timed combat. Speed isn't for large, special attacks.
    • Para is an old term, but it means that you must meet or beat your opponent in sentences. If you write your entire post in one sentence, your opponent has to respond with a minimum of one sentence... but if he responds with two sentences, you must reply with two sentences. Due to its nature, You can only scale up by one sentence. if your opponent does not scale up, You CANNOT scale up again. If they do not scale up, it means they are at their limit. be respectful.
Any other rules I can think of will be posted before the rp starts.

Please add "I have read the rules and I accept them" at the beginning of your profile to show you have read them. Thank you.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Type: Main (Story character) or Combat (Just a combatant)
Name:
Nickname or Title:
True Age:
Appearance of Age:
Race:
Racial Abilities:
Reason for Joining:
Powers: Describe in detail. can be OP, but not Godlike
Bio: Optional, not entirely important
Appearance:

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 am

Type: Main

Name: Tracy evergreen

Nickname or Title: the valcary of oden

True Age: 135

Appearance of Age: 23

World of Origin: skaraga

Race: humanoids

Racial Abilities: she is living lightning so she can do a multitude of lightning attacks and has grate speed

Reason for Joining: she wants to be stronger and wants to prove it

Powers: lightning and can do just about anything with it from flying summoning lightning beasts to firing lightning at someone and other things

Bio:

Appearance:
IMG_1909.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG (46.87 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Huberty duberty I rolled a 42 I'm now a shrubbery.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Type: Main

Name: Hyronis Dracoven

Nickname or Title: The Black Dragon

True Age: 200

Appearance of Age: 20

World of Origin: Aurora

Race: Dragonite (half human, half dragon)

Racial Abilities: element manipulation, transformation/ability boost (each transformation boost the users speed, strength, reaction time, and 5 senses)

Reason for Joining: trying to gain money to buy his younger sister out of slavery and get revenge on those who sold her into slavery.

Powers: hyronis's abilities come in three stages.
stage 1: awaken
the user will gain increased speed strength and senses. out of all the stages this stage is the weakest stage when it comes to controlling an element. hyronis is able to control fire but it wont be as powerful as the other stages. what makes this stage stand out from the others is the users eyes will change color corresponding with their element. for hyronis his eyes will turn blood red and he will be in full control.

stage 2: fire dragon drive
in this stage the hyronis will start to physically transform. his hands and arms will grow dragon scales and his hands will grow claws but can still move much like a human. His legs will grow scales as well as his feet growing talons. scales will grow in the middle of his chest and some on his face. these scales are very hard and can block powerful attacks in these areas but depending on how hard the attack is on his scales he still can feel the shock and if the attack is strong enough there is a chance to break a few scales. in this stage the user can move fast enough to dodge most medium range energy blasts. if anyone is wondering the scales he grows are red in colour

Stage 3: Black Dragon overdrive
the black dragon overdrive is the most powerful form hyronis has to offer but at the same time he has no control over himself in this form. there are new physical looks that indicate that the overdrive has been activated. the scales on his body will turn black, he will grow wings, a tail and horns on the top of his head. the scales on his body harden to the point where it would be possible to be hit by a tactical nuke though this has never been proven. with that said it does not mean he is indestructible. since he has no control over this stage he can only hold it for 1 hour. in this stage hyronis can move fast enough to break the sound barrier but only when in flight, on foot he can easily dodge a energy blasts from short range. due to the fact he has no control over himself he normally wont bother with defense at all and just attack. his strength increases enough to pick up and throw two heave tanks with one hand. what is interesting about this last stage is his fire goes from red to black, and his black fire can not be put out by water it must be smothered out. lastly i know i keep saying he has no control over himself when he reaches stage 3 and i do mean it. for dragonites using stage 3 is a forbidden practice since there is no way for the user to control him/herself. stage 3 is not impossible to beat there are ways to beat even tho its a very powerful form he can still take damage. all damage taken in stage 3 is nullified by 65%. stage 3 is a last resort and can only be activated when the user is on deaths door or is mentally broken, meaning if the user looses someone very very close to them or driven mad. when the hour is up stage 3 will deactivate leaving hyronis exhausted enough to need serious medical attention as well as rest. there are few ways of beating this form, though it's not impossible the opponent can survive long enough to run out the time limit, hit him with enough power enough times and he will being to slow down to the point where every attack will begin to hit with their original intended damage. at this point the person could force the form to submission. lastly someone very close to the user could try and reach hyronis and bring him back to himself which will force him back to stage 2.

Bio:

Appearance: Image

please let me know if the abilities is too op
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

SoullessSpirit

Post by SoullessSpirit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 am

Hey Kal! I'll get working on some CS, this sounds cool. Just thought I'd pop in lol.
Do you want to see inside my head?
Warning, there may be horrors beyond imagination.

SoullessSpirit

Post by SoullessSpirit » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 am

I have read the rules and I accept them.
Type
Main

Name
Mistrellus Contrellium "Mistral or Rellus"

Nickname or Title
The Shadow Guardian

True Age
2,304 yrs

Appearance of Age
21 yrs

They can change between either gender they prefer for the day. It's okay to assume a gender, but be prepared if they change the next day.

World of Origin
Treketeer
Treketeer has vast wastelands and deserts, so most of the people don't need water to feel hydrated. Where there are little towns and cities, they are elaborate like a maze, and most get lost in the cities; unable to make it to the middle where the real treasure of a city lies.

Race
Simulacrum Umbra
Meaning "Shadow Image"

Racial Abilities
They are incidentally, a shadow with form and detail. There may be times where they can seem like they have a physical body, but it's rare and takes a lot of their energy. As a Simulacrum Umbra, they can change their form at will and even get to the point where physical attacks don't do much damage against them. Of course, with their form changes comes the fair expense of energy.

Reason for Joining
Within Treketeer, they have nothing to do and due to the reaction that many of the world's people have towards Mistrellus, they chose to try and spice up their lives. Of course, they have no intention of making friends and winning, this is merely an entertainment thing for them "dying from boredom"

Powers Describe in detail. can be OP, but not Godlike
Transformation
This is when they change their forms. They can only change into something they have seen before, and the larger a form is, the more energy it is. Thing of it as an equation; what you must do to one side you must do to the other.

Corporeal Reality
This is the ability they use the most. This gives them a physical form, in terms where they actually end up having human needs as well. Due to this, Mistrellus built up the energy by careful practice to be able to sustain a corporeal form for as long as their want. Though, this does still drain their energy and being able to transform will be at the extent of their energy. If able to use enough energy, they can also transform themselves and make their other shadows form physical as well.

Now while they cannot sustain a corporeal form, they cannot be harmed, as many things will simply travel through their forms. Yes, they have their weaknesses, but it's smarter to attempt to attack them if there is knowledge they are sustaining a corporeal form; whether in their transformations or simple human form.

Phantom Song
A last resort for the shadow creature, there are little rumors within the culture of Treketeer that Simulacrum Umbra can also have voices like that of banshees or sirens. Luring those to them is the last thing that Mistrellus wishes to do, but it takes most, if not all, of their energy to even break out into song. Phantom Song gives them the ability to take short control, possibly just three seconds, of any simple thing, yet controlling the human mind is more difficult for them. Controlling animals or the tiny hearts of plants work better for them. They don't enjoy using this ability and tries to completely avoid it if they can.

Bio Optional, not entirely important
Though called the Shadow Guardian, Mistrellus is shunned and considered a demon among the people that live upon Treketeer. Simulacrum Umbra are initially summoned by witches to protect those that the witch desires. However the protection is carried out doesn't matter, and Mistrellus has murdered people to protect their assigned person. Simulacrum Umbra are easily manipulated, but once those that they are made to protect are; killed by an accident or a natural disaster, then the Simulacrum Umbra are set free, or if their assigned individual is murdered, then the Simulacrum Umbra disappears. Mistrellus' person died thinking they could trek across the deserts of Treketeer, and the shadow was set free. They now live their days among the shadows of the maze walls within the central city of Treketeer, where they suffer from hiding in plain sight.

Appearance:
Typically Appears As
Female

Male

Other Forms
http://i.imgur.com/xEOjp3t.png
http://pm1.narvii.com/6513/3ee3f05004fe ... b1a_hq.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a8/f2/bf ... f6090d.jpg
Do you want to see inside my head?
Warning, there may be horrors beyond imagination.