[REQ] [S] [SF]End of Days (Retry)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Eragon
Bronze

Re: [REQ] [S] [SF]End of Days (Retry)

Post by Eragon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:51 am

Joining... Just um give me a little time to make a CS
“War is death to the old and birth to the new.”

-Arch Spellweaver Greglar the Bender

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am

How far has technology gone? What is the status?

DarkLight

Post by DarkLight » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 pm

]Name :) : J.R Carter
S.O: Straight
Weapons: Kitchen knife, Barbed wire bat, M1911
What he has: Backpack, jug of water, pistol holster, watch, new pair of shoes, Hat of his favorite football team, two packs of ammo, candy bars
Personality: Honest, Friendly,not smart but not dumb, hates being alone, motor mouth, loves company
Appearance: Dark Brown side parted hair, 5'11, Hazel eyes, His Dad's Letterman jacket Black skinny jeans, Black converse,
Extra: always wears his jacket
Sorry it's short I can't think of a bio if anything is wrong just tell me :) damn how do I post a pick
Last edited by DarkLight on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 am

This still alive? If so, here's my CS. As a note, with work I could be a bit patchy, though I do try to come on once or twice a week (I know, not daily, but some days I'm not feeling RP or don't have enough time to think about and write a good post).

CS:
Name: Richard 'Ricky' Sivertson
S.O: Asexual
Weapons: (Max 3)
  1. Custom Gauss Rifle (Sniping setup)
    • 10 - 40x56mm scope with range and wind markings
    • Extendable Bipod/fore grip
    • Firing/carrying sling
  2. Remington R51
    • Custom Suppressor
  3. Heavy Object (from toolbox)
What you have on you: (Max 12)
  1. Gauss rifle ammunition
  2. Gauss rifle batteries
  3. Pistol Ammunition
  4. Mechanic's toolbox
    • 20 pc Metric Spanner kit (5mm-25mm)
    • 18in Aluminium Pipe wrench
    • 32 pc Screwdriver/bit set
  5. Duct tape
  6. Compass
  7. Laser rangefinder
  8. Wind anemometer
  9. Handheld LED torch
Personality:While gruff, Ricky does care. He is an introvert, and tends to keep his thoughts to himself, unless there is a major concern. He likes to be independent, and cares deeply for those around him, not willing to see other people hurt by him or enemies. He can be abrasive, and doesn't understand how to react around people in normal social conditions.
Bio: (optional) An insurgent sniper before the bioweapon, and a mechanical engineer before that, Ricky easily made his way to the safe haven, albeit it being luck he was so close. His skills with mechanics quickly made him a resident engineer, and occasionally he took a watch, shooting some infected. After a while, he began to think for the future. He could see the colony dying, the generators were aging and wouldn't last forever, as well as other issues. The infected growing stronger meant that their weapons needed to be better, or quieter. Ricky decided to work with the science division, and managed to fabricate a few prototype gauss rifles, quieter and more powerful than the carbines most guards preferred. He personally made one for himself, as well as picking up an old pistol and volunteering for more guard shifts. While he wanted to watch for himself, he couldn't just abandon the people seeking respite from the infected, and so he stayed...
Appearance: (anime, Real, description. i don't care) A grizzled man, he has an unkempt brown beard and short, curly hair. He stands a meager 5' 10", and his muscles are lacking. His clothing typically consists of black, faded jeans and a t-shirt of a solid blue or navy.
Extra:
  • Competent sniper
  • Skilled mechanical engineer
  • Possible MacGyver in the works
Last edited by JEBtheGamer1 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 am

There is no way he can hold an electro magnet sniper and a bunch of tools.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 am

Look. It’s the last light

Name: Laundry Holiday

Sexuality:Straight

Armor:
• Inferred sight.
• Carbon alpha alloy plates.
• Engineering program, ‘Strength assists’ (Puts weight on compressors to help lift heavy objects).
• A speaker set on left shoulder for kick ass music.
• Internal wireless receiver. (Can receive frequencies 50 MHz – 60 GHz)
• Onboard computer and targeting system.
- Personal A.I named Avalon
Weapons:
- XM wrist grenade launcher mk IV
• Two rounds per magazine.
• 1070 carbon steel blade

- 64th tactical Assault rifle
• 1.5-4x scopes, inferred mode.
• Back, quick draw holster.
• Semi-automatic and full auto switch.
• Coil gun.

- Katana
• 1080 Carbon steel with electric external skeleton.
• Sheath

Gear:
- Ammunition
- Basic first aid kit
- 1 day of provisions
- LifeStraw water filter
- Compass
- 3 epipens
- Swiss knife
- Ipod shuffle
- Favourite snap back
- Teddy bear
- Dog tag
- picture of his squad.

S.O:Straighter than an ruler.

Personality:He is mature to an extant. He does flirt every now and then. He is a bundle of happiness and fun. He’s loud and tries his best to make friends.
He is a quick thinker and is reliable in desperate situations.

Bio:From birth he had been in the action. While he was still in his mothers who became he was genetically modified to have more established muscle fibres, have enhanced reflexes to be a brilliant tactician and to be overly handsome. Him and nine other subjects were treated the same way for one purpose. A top secret Australian military organisation known as the 64th. The ultimate goal was to create a squad of super humans to serve Australia as an elite force, funded by the government.

He trained with his 9 brothers for years, growing close to them. Once they reached a appropriate age they were given their armor and weapons and swore and oath to defend Australia. However that obviously didn’t last. It was in the same the virus went viral ultimately destroying the country. The 64th squad knew the end had come so they set out to find this place called Sindria all of his brothers died except for him. This traumatic experience humbled him and he became extremely ever more brilliant at what he does. AT this time he also swore an oath to have his revenge and cleanse the Earth of infection.

Whilst in Sindria he gained recognition by his officials and once again made his way up the ranks. Now standing as an elite unit in the Sindrian military once again.

Appearance:

Extra:
- He’s really good at playing drums.
- increased strength to 50% faster
- enhanced reflexes 40% faster
- military tactician
- expert hand-to-hand combat
- resting heart rate of 26 bpm
- flirty
Last edited by Eragon on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:42 am

Eragon wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 am
There is no way he can hold an electro magnet sniper and a bunch of tools.
Why is that? Assuming this is sometime in the future, a lightweight electromagnetic accelerator is plausible. If you're talking about battery charge, lightweight solar cells are again, not implausible. The tools (quite literally all his gear) could fit into his toolbox. Please elaborate on your statement so I can remedy any errors. If you mean that I have too many items, than maybe I have misunderstood how the gear works, however I am below the limit (technically I could drop the toolbox itsself since it's just holding the tools. Not sure if we have to list a backpack as part of our gear but if we do that's what the toolbox is for).

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:46 am

First we need to find how far technology has developed. I have asked that before and had no answer yet so I guessed myself. They have enough research to create biological weapons. Which have started in WWI. Recently (three years ago from now) they have developed a virus to make zombies. Times that with how fast technology has devolved. Then plus three years to that.
Coil guns aren't much of a new thing you can literally make one at home. They are lightish to carry around but what makes yours heavy is having it in a sniper config. Extra coils arround the barrel and a longer barrel. Good thing it is a guass rifle because that would be hell to carry if it wasn't.
So you have that plus a tool box. In your CS your character carries a set of spanners and set of screwdrivers. Now unless it is a one size fits all kinda thing. Having a set of screw drivers and spanners on you... Do you know how heavy that is? Unless they are made of 1090 carbon steel or something like that.
Plus I don't think it is a good idea for a skilled engineer to go shooting zombies. He could be easily needed somewhere else.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm

I still don't see the issue with the spanner set,I could easily carry my father's around all day (heck, I could carry his toolbox around which has a lot more than one spanner set). The set isn't for working on heavy engines, it's probably closer to a 10pc set. As for the screwdrivers, it's not a full 100pc set, probably closer to 40pc set, or even just limited to a few common screws (Allen, flathead, Robertson, that dumb American Robertson ripoff)or an interchangeable bit screwdriver. The gauss rifle, I will admit, I am taking some artistic licence with. I am assuming that technology has advanced enough that a lightweight electromagnetic coil is plausible, causing the total mass of the rifle to not exceed the carrying capacity of a well made shoulder sling. I'll edit my CS to reflect the smaller toolkits, just so there's less confusion in the future.

And yes, and engineer is much better put to work in places other than shooting things. That's why he's a skilled engineer, and only a competent sniper.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 pm

I don't think you will have problems with the guass canon being to futuristic.