[REQ] Hunting the Immune (Open!)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Gecko
Silver

[REQ] Hunting the Immune (Open!)

Post by Gecko » Tue May 12, 2020 5:37 am

"Civilization as it is most commonly known as is dead and decaying with the beasts that feast on defenseless and weak civilians. This is nothing new from those old stories and games people made all those years ago before the outbreak happened. Interesting, how accurate some of those stories and games were. You would think that the tailors of such things knew of the atrocities to come in then-recent years."

The man speaking lit up a pipe, one of those old curved ones crafted from expensive deep red mahogany wood. A dim orange glow emitted from the end of it, which didn't provide any light to an already darkened room. A couple of figures stood before an enormous window that was concealed by equally large maroon curtains with golden trim and tassels lacing the outside. A line of silver moonlight peered through, illuminating the man's aged face only slightly. Despite the room being plunged in darkness, he didn't seem to want to open them. How peculiar. There wasn't anything off about him in the slightest...perhaps he preferred darkness.

"The undead rose," the man continued on, "they ate people, more people turned, the cycle went on. Ah, it still goes on. Survivors scrape by with all they have, which isn't much to begin with, we all know this. Humanity has been crumbling for years. Yes, there was an attempt to band together and fight this...pandemic, but selfishness eventually overrules all things good. It is inevitable, unfortunately."

The speaker paused, almost as though he was expecting a response. A few silent moments passed. A small, unsteady response arose from the other side of the room. "What's the point of rehashing history? Is there a reason you're telling us this?"

"My dear," the man chuckled. He sucked on the end of the pipe, taking in a couple moments. The smoke curled around thin pale lips as he continued. "Some communities managed to stick together. Some through means they regretted, others...I personally wouldn't have committed such heinous acts on innocent people. These people, regardless of what they do to survive, are all looking for one thing, which is...?"

"...food?"

"Something to ensure their survival. A cure."

"I don't follow."

A soft squeal of grinding wood on the floor scratched along as the man got off of his chair, approaching the window with one hand in the pocket of his maroon robes while the other clutched his pipe still.

"I've discovered several reports over the years of people having some sort of immunity to the undead virus. This must mean that there is a lot more out there, and with the right doctors and scientists on it, we can start engineering a vaccine. Its been what, twenty years since the world ended? It's time we returned to what we once were."

"How are we gonna get any of that?"

Even through the blanket of darkness, the man's smirk was evident. "It's simple, my dear. We hunt the immune."

----------

"S'there anythin' out there kiddo?"

"No...not that I can see thanks to the stupid coat you made me wear. It's a goddamn blizzard out there though, so I kinda doubt we'll be able to find anything anyway."

"I know, I know. I'm just messin' with you."

A line of snowy footprints led to a bundled-up couple trudging along in the snow, one holding a bow with the other had a rifle strapped to his shoulder. The one with the rifle was clearly an older fella, weathered by years of relentless survival and brutal fighting. He had a rugged jacket fit for hunting in the winter and a warm woolen hat slumped onto his head. His younger companion looked as though she could barely move through the giant coat she wore, which covered her face almost entirely. The bow was clutched in her gloved hand while the quiver was strapped across her chest, though it looked like it would be difficult to reach an arrow if she needed it. Sure enough, the wind ruthlessly blew bouts of snow into the both of them, making it nearly impossible for either of them to see. The older man stopped and gave a sigh of defeat, realizing that the kid was right. He reached an arm out to stop her from moving on since she couldn't see him.

"You're probably right, Addison. Let's get on home an'-"

"Dad, wait," Addison interrupted. "What's that?" Her gloved finger waved out in the distance, pointing out a large dark silhouette slowly approaching them. Sebastian's thick brow furrowed in concern as he watched it for a couple of moments, trying to figure out what it was. Headlights sparked on and the hum of a vehicle resonated as the metal beast rumbled on forward, Sebastian grabbing the girl and yanking her to the side to safety as it rolled past. Luckily they wouldn't be spotted thanks to the snow blowing around. But he knew who that truck belonged to, and so would the kid. Damn hunters. Still holding her hand, Sebastian pulled Addison along. It was a bit of a trek, but the pair made it all the way back to the horses.

"C'mon, I'll help you up." Sebastian approached the black horse and extended his hand out to Addison. She shambled over to him and he helped heave her up onto the gentle beast with some strain. He could tell she hated the coat. She was old enough to make those decisions, but he really didn't want her getting sick. Not when they didn't have many supplies to begin with. Once she was on, Sebastian went to his own brown and white horse and climbed on with ease.

The past couple years had taken a turn for the worse, and that was saying something for it already being over two decades since the world ended. Images flashed through Sebastian's mind as he remembered those trying times, the horrible weeks where people once again lost what little they gained. A new virus had swept the region, killing people in giant groups and then turning them into those dreadful zombie creatures. Some people, including his own family, had discovered that their blood had a natural immunity. After some nutcase professor a few towns over claimed he and a team could reverse engineer a vaccine via those people who were immune, towns started to force people to give themselves up for it. Sebastian, along with a group of people he'd gathered from other towns, managed to escape with their lives. They'd been on their own ever since, and it absolutely sucked.

"We gotta be quick, kiddo," Sebastian said as he turned his horse in the direction of their home. "The others need to know that the hunters are comin' again." He snapped the reins on his horse and the two rode off in the snow, beginning their short journey back home.

----------

This roleplay is about a group of immune survivors in a zombie apocalypse that have to outlast hunters seeking their blood to make a cure. Everyone and everything is against them, making things especially difficult. It doesn't help that rewards are offered for those who bring in immune people - dead or alive.

----------

CS Thread: https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15541
Last edited by Gecko on Mon May 25, 2020 5:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Silver

Re: [REQ] Hunting the Immune

Post by Gecko » Tue May 12, 2020 5:38 am

Maps

The main area the roleplay is in is roughly this size, but it does extend further on.

Towns

The remains of Brush is the largest town in the northwestern region of Colorado that still stands strong against the undead. This is where the professor that started the hunt resides along with most of the population. They're complete with a council (which the professor is apart of), a strong militia, plenty of resources, strong walls, and even some electricity. Brush is the town that got everything started in the post apocalypse - trading, echoes of a civilization, safety and security.... But it's also the site where the immune were initially hunted and where they're taken to once captured or killed.

Virtually a ghost town, Canyon Brooks was once running rampant with people. It features clean water running through the center and a bridge connecting one side to the other, but after a series of events taking a turn for the worst, most of the inhabitants are either dead, gone, or hiding in the old homes with a carefully paranoid eye out. Not many people outside of Canyon Brooks knows what happened, nor would they like to find out.
Note: If you'd like your character to originate from here, let me know and we can talk about the Canyon Brooks backstory.

A relatively peaceful town as well as a small one. Centered around a grouping of farms developed over the course of roughly twenty-five years, all on the outskirts of a surprisingly well-kept housing area. Their importance to the region is centered around their abundance of livestock and agriculture, which they have more of than anyone else. Barriers are thin metal sheets with loose reinforcements, though armed guards do walk around routinely. A lovely older woman runs the place with bouts of advice from her advisers. The people there try to stay away from trouble by whatever means necessary.

A former military base that has since been stolen by the undead. It seemed like a good idea at outbreak to go here for anything from military help to stealing weapons and supplies. Unfortunately, a lot of people had the same idea. This led to the deaths of hundreds of people from both the military and civilians, and due to a lack of, well, everything, the corpses rose and have remained trapped in the base since. A handful of good military vehicles are guarded by said corpses.
This is also pretty far south from the northeastern region that we're concentrated in, but it's the closest military base that's worth mentioning.

The Warehouse is an abandoned, run-down factory in the middle of the Colorado forest. Believed to have once been some sort of machinery factory, there are a lot of spare parts and rusted metal that is currently being cleaned out by the inhabitants, which happen to be the immune. It's concealed by a mass of trees and doesn't have much power running through it, though it seems as though that may change slightly.

Yuma is yet another town that is clinging desperately to survival. Once a large municipal area, Yuma was reduced to a small portion of the former city, blockading itself in the northern parts with large vehicles and man-made walls. Their weapons, which they try not to use, are primitive, and Yuma faces the problem of a failing leadership under a narcissistic man and waves of undead making their way to their walls almost daily.

Factions

These people are highly skittish and paranoid after a series of unknown events occurring in their hometown. Most of them have a crazed look in their eye and are rather unpleasant to be around, spreading nonsensical stories about an evil that is rising among them. Some people consider them to be an antisocial cult. Others don't usually stick around long to learn more.

Hunters can be anyone and anything. They are desperate people that come from everywhere for a plethora of reasons. Some of them will kill without hesitation, others will be cunning in their attempts to capture or kill the immune. They could be anyone...and they could be anywhere....

Immune people are becoming a rare breed. They're hard to find around the Colorado area and even harder to find in towns and villages. Rumor has it that there's a large group of about 20 immune roaming around, and while the Hunters are on their trail, they're struggling to catch them. The immune are simply normal people with an abnormal advantage in the post-apocalyptic world, but the frightened non-immune don't seem to care....

A group of military rats that went their own way after the military essentially collapsed. With no knowledge of what happened and a lack of leadership from those who should have exhibited it, the soldiers that once hailed from Schriever Air Force Base are now in a fiercely militaristic community that, aside from trading and the occasional threat, keep to themselves.

Landmarks

The largest river in the area that also acts as the southern border to the region. Since the outbreak twenty-some years ago, the height has risen and the current has become faster.

A big mansion that sits on the top of a hill that formerly belonged to some rich family. It sits alone, untouched. People wonder why it's empty, but no one has gone to discover the reason.

Around the forest are a couple of old stations that are thinly connected in terms of communication, but as of yet no one has attempted to link radios...supposedly.
There'll be more if I can think of them lol.

NPCs

A family of five - Khalid (36), Monique (33), Hakim (12), Noel (9), and Trayvon (4).

A young couple - Antonio (22) and Vanessa (20).

A family of four - Jin (42), Rebecca (39), Kenny (39), and Akiri (14).

A family of three - Martha (27), Egan (10), and Ashley (5).

A family of three - Bill (30), Laura (31), and Amelia (6).

A tough old bird, Mary Jane (49) and her grandson, Liam (8).

Sophia (62) and her son Matthew (46).

A lone wolf, Darcy (27).

Accepted characters:
Sebastian and Addison Lockwood. Gecko
Ashta Odins. shadowvoidboss
Nether Rosenbow. Psycho_Jamie
Oaklynn Gregory. Wannderlust
Tess Rhyder. Vladmirk
James and Noah Mason. Reznik
Hayden Blackforge. Mara115
Last edited by Gecko on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 am, edited 22 times in total.

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Wed May 13, 2020 10:17 am

I'll take a stab at this, quick question tho, CS posted here or in the CS section?
Where's our sacrifice?
Oh, get off the cross, we need the wood.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed May 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Awesome! :D You can post it in the CS section. I forgot to mention that, sorry lol. Thanks!

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 am

I've added the link to the CS and some stuff to the second post.

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Thu May 14, 2020 7:18 am

Is there some sort of currency in this world?
Where's our sacrifice?
Oh, get off the cross, we need the wood.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Ooo, I haven't thought of that. I don't think there would be since trade is more prominent, but I'll think it over.

Gecko
Silver

Re: [REQ] Hunting the Immune (Open!)

Post by Gecko » Mon May 18, 2020 6:14 am

Bumpy bump! :D

Wannderlust