[Req] Bright Eyes Dull World

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Killer Ice Cream
Member+

[Req] Bright Eyes Dull World

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:56 am

"Happy Birthday Bie!"
"Happy Birthday Sweetheart!"

Two smiling faces beamed at the small pale girl as she entered the modest wooden kitchen, their warm glow causing a corner of her mouth to curl. It was what they taught her to express joy even if she couldn't really feel it she could tell it's what they wanted. "Thank you dad." She said softly to both of them, walking forward to receive the joyous hugs she expected. Before her foot could fall the second time she was wrapped up into two pairs of arms.

Her fathers were upstanding members of the community they lived in, tucked away underneath the ground in a huge bunker that was composed of a few thousand survivors. Alan, the shorter of the two, went to the surface everyday to work on the crops that fed most of the population. Even with constant guards and thick walls, it was a dangerous job so he stayed fit and worked out whenever he could. Theodore, whose pale skin and tall stature was completely opposite his husband's, worked within the bunker's deeper levels as a scientist and was always working. Occasionally he would take her down there when she asked to come, as the lab was fascinating to a young bookworm like Bie, but she was never allowed past the first room. They adored Bie, and on her birthday showed it in full force.

"I can't breathe." She whispered, her voice rolling to express laughter for them, and they let her go, their faces settling into quiet thought while she sat down at the worn wooden table Theodore made when her fathers were first married, to eat her toast. "So what are we going to do today." She said gently, her raised lips the most excitement she had the power to muster. Every year for the last sixteen years they did something new on her birthday, it was the closest thing to a holiday they had and she loved birthdays. Even if her face never showed it.

They looked at each other briefly, Theodore looking stern suddenly, and Alan ran his tanned hand through his wavy blonde hair. "Bie…" Alan said softly, looking at his daughter with an emotion Bie couldn't understand. Theodore moved over and knelt next to Bie, that same unreadable expression on his face as well. "We're going to visit my lab today Bie. We have something we need to show you."

Her face was still, of course showing no emotions, where anyone else would be going out of their mind with worry or disappointment. But Bie's unsettling grey eyes locked onto his blue ones. "Okay dad. Will we be studying the petri dishes again today?" He shook his head, and Alan got up to nervously pace behind Theodore's chair while he explained. "No Bie. We're going to a special part of my lab. Do you remember what I study?"

Bie nodded, her pale lashes flickered briefly in the movement. "Yes I do. You study the virus that wiped out civilization." He nods. "Yes, Infectio mortuis. The dead infection. But there is a bit more to it than that. You see, I study the result of that virus. The real reason we live in this bunker, and why outside is not safe. I study the undead, or zombies as you kids call them." Bie blinked, her eyes reflecting a mild surprise. "Wait, real zombies. From outside." Her tone rose, as she watched her adoptive fathers closely. They were extremely protective of her, and never let her go anywhere near the door to the outside even though other kids got to go out there once a year on the Day of Remembrance.

And now her father seemed to be suggesting she would get to see the most dangerous thing in the world, that very nearly destroyed the world, sitting down in her father's lab.

She was speechless, and stared at him in disbelief while Alan continued pacing. Her shorter father shook his head, concern painting his face as he moved like a frustrated tiger. "She's too young Theo. I don't like this at all, what if... "

"She'll be fine Alan. We will both be right there to protect her. To protect you." He turned back, a half hearted smile attempting to comfort her curling his mouth. That wasn't necessary, however, because this news had perked her interest. The zombies always drew her scientific and artistic interests, so this was welcome news. It was one thing to draw from a description of one, but a real subject to pull from will be of tremendous help to the hundreds of pages in her room alone.

She could tell, however, that this idea troubled her fathers deeply so a far more important question came to mind. "Why." Bie asked softly, her shiny silver eyes piercing their souls with her intelligence and understanding. "Because I'm different than the other kids." She nodded after a moment.

Her parents trembled, and Alan finally stilled to pull a chair next to Theodore. His jaw was clenched and looked directly into her special eyes. "You know we love you Bie. And we wouldn't be doing this if we didn't absolutely have to."

"It's an extremely important program sweetheart, one that can help us reclaim our world." Theodore chimed in, fighting between his scientific mind and father's heart. "You were the first -and only- successful subject to be born so far and it's important to see if you developed…" He trailed off, the weight of what his department was planning clearly weighing on him.

Alan got up again, clearly upset, and stood facing the sink away from his family. "I don't like this at all Theo. Anything could happen at the lab and I don't want to put her in danger especially when…" His voice faded, unable to continue.
It was Bie's turn to stand up and awkwardly wrapped her shorter father in a hug. "Don't worry dad, I will not let anything bad happen. Besides, I still have school today, it will give you both time to come up with extra safety measures if it will make you feel better." Her voice was unwavering and factual, but her words were beginning to betray the very small threshold of emotion she possessed. To be fair, it was mostly full of concern for her very emotional fathers.

Theo nodded, joining his family in a warm (and slightly awkward) hug before patting his newly sixteen year-old daughter on the head. "You better get ready then. Don't forget to pack your lab coat for after school."

….

Welcome to a time where zombies have destroyed the world! (As they so often do)
In this particular scenario all humans that are left are either living sustainably in bunkers with controlled population growth (basically people need permits to have kids and take mandatory birth control before they receive said permit with major fines if violated) or they live as nomads travelling across the lands now overgrown with lush green life. For this particular story I'm hoping to keep Bie in the bunker for a little while, since I did begin writing this story with a far different idea in mind and I hope to see where this can go. Which ultimately means we get to explore the bunker for awhile before going outside and seeing lots of zombies! Yay!

So you can make your character just about anyone in the bunker you like, as long as interactions between them and Bie can make sense. For example, you could be another student at the school or an intern at her father's job. You could be a curious new neighbor that just moved from another sector, the possibilities are endless! Just remember everyone wears a jumpsuit, though you can choose what color it is. In fact, many people have different colors for different days! As with all of these rps I do have just a couple of rules:

Keep it clean, any swearing should be character oriented and tv friendly, no f bombs please.
No sexual stuff as per forum rules, I'm just an innocent pregnant woman you know (/~\) :lol:
Remember we're in this together, I'll do my best not take over the story if you don't. (But you may have to remind me)
Be kind to other players, nobody likes a hostile environment especially when this is supposed to be fun.

Alrighty! All we need now is your character sheet and a brief intro of your character (hopefully a tiny bit shorter than mine) and feel free to pm me any questions on the world lore or of Bie herself, though I hope the sheet I provide will answer some of those questions.

Good luck!

Blank CS:

Name:

Born gender:

Gender identity:

Appearance:
Hair:
Skin:
Eyes:
Height:
Weight:
Body type:

Favorite suit color:

Personality:

Positive traits:
Negative traits:
Neutral traits:
Hidden traits:

Attributes:
Strength: 1-10 (example: 1 is child-like wimpyness and ten is Olympic athlete strength, same goes for the rest of the attributes respectively)
Speed: 1-10
Agility: 1-10
Intelligence: 1-10
Stamina: 1-10
Communication: 1-10
Bio:

Introduction:

(Bie's sheet)

Name: Bethani Ivory Elizabeth Thompson
(Bie) (Subject B13)

Born gender: Female

Gender identity: Female

Appearance:
Hair: Long pale white hair that seems dull under fluorescent lights. It would practically glow in sunlight. Normally kept up in a perfectly smooth ponytail.
Skin: Pale peach with no blemishes
Eyes: Bright silver with flecks of blue, they look like coins reflecting in any light. She often tries to hide them by looking down a lot.
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 120
Body type: Thin and slightly curvy

Favorite suit color: White

Personality:

Positive traits: Can easily read other's emotions, Has a strong memory, and calm demeanor
Negative traits: Possesses an inability to feel most emotions, except for mild love, dislike, excitement, and fear.
Neutral traits: Will be inclined to interact more with people who are kind or indifferent to her.
Hidden traits: Possesses intense telepathic and physical powers that come from her strange genetics. One of these is to increase her own attributes or the attributes of others if she figures out how to control it.

Attributes:
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 8
Stamina: 5
Communication: 4

Bio: Bie was created by a team of scientists under a project designed to further understand the undead created by the virus Infectio Mortuis. They discovered the mutated zombies with special abilities had altered genetics when they captured one that hadn't eaten in a while and was weakened. Subject B13 was the only surviving specimen created from the splicing of those amplified zombie genes with a human woman's. She was adopted by a researcher from that project named Theodore Thompson who was unable to have natural children with his husband. They brought her to the lab once a week for testing until she was five, when her extraordinary developmental progress like reading and speaking as an infant seemed to slow as she got older.

They enrolled her into school, where her stoic demeanor did not make her many friends. None, in fact, since all the kid's parents warned them to stay away from her as soon as they told them about her eyes. They were the sign of a mutation after all.

Introduction: The same as the story introduction.
Last edited by Killer Ice Cream on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoJoTheZombie

Re: [Req] Bright Eyes Dull World

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:57 am

Interested!

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Awesome!

Just set up a sheet for me and I'll start setting up links on this post.

CS sheets once approved go here:
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15277

OOC here:
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15278
Last edited by Killer Ice Cream on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:11 pm

I'm interested as well!
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Awesome! I can't wait!

Kirby
Star Warrior

Post by Kirby » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Poof, the pink puff hath arrived! :3
Poyo~ ♥

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Hiya Kirby! <3

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:27 am

I assume that this underground bunker has a security force to keep safe. I named them "The Brigade" which is standard and really blase i know. I just wanted to give them a name so i wouldn't have to refer to my character's parents as "The Guards". If you want me to change it, please let me know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: William Carver

Born gender: Male

Gender identity: Male

Appearance:
Hair: Has black hair with a buzz cut
Skin: White skin with multiple scars
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'
weight: 178 lb
Body type: large frame and muscular

Favorite suit color: Red

Personality: William is abrasive and loud. If there's a situation that can't be solved by intimidating something or someone then William has yet to come across it.

Positive traits: Is surprisingly moral. He refuses to lie, cheat, or betray those he respects.
Negative traits: Usually brute forces through his problems.
Neutral traits: Regards everyone with apathy or disdain unless they've done something to catch his attention.
Hidden traits: Possesses an extreme strength that he has honed from rigorous and brutal training exercises with his father.

Attributes:
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 3
Stamina: 10
Communication: 3 (William can talk and write just fine. However, he often fails to understand any conversation that doesn't immediately address the point.)

Bio: If asked how his parents first met, William would respond that they didn't. You see, Dean Carver, a respected higher-up in the brigade, decided one day to have a child. He went about this directive by choosing the strongest women that were in the brigade at the time. Why would he do this? simple really, he didn't want a baby for frivolous reasons that a civilian might want one for, like love or kindness. No, Dean wanted a kid with optimal genetics so he could train him or her to become a super soldier that would forge a legacy for the Carver name. To say that William was born for combat wouldn't be an exaggeration. After a few months of selecting prime candidates to sire his future child, Dean found Diane Lopez. Diane was in peak physical condition and an extremely efficient soldier of the brigade. After a fine combination of a lofty bribe to Diane (of what, William does not know) and a birth permit from the government, William was conceived via a sperm donation and a surgical procedure.

William never knew much about his mother, only her name and the story provided to him by his father, but it didn't matter. He was trained to not care from a very young age. The only thing he cared about was to be the best of the best. Eventually he would climb the ranks and become the best soldier the brigade has ever seen. Unfortunately, despite the fact that he believed it completely unnecessary, he still had to attend school and graduate in order to become a full-fledged soldier of the brigade. Whoever decided that rule was insane in his opinion. Nevertheless, it was required for him to advance, so he held his tongue and soldiered on. After all, a few years in a crummy classroom learning useless topics will go by quickly when later compared to his upcoming role in the brigade. Whats the worse that could happen?

Introduction:
"Attention!" Dean Carver, the patriarch of the Carver household bellowed out as he found his son trying to sneak out the doorway. William, ever mindful of authority figures, stopped in his tracks and assumed the standard position for inspection. His father looked at him with an intensity that would break most soft-hearted civilians, but only made William stand straighter with purpose. After some time, Dean asked sharply "Have you completed your assigned tasks, soldier?" The glare of the light bulbs illumination bouncing off of his father's many brigade medals almost caused William to squint as he responded with no less than "Sir, yes sir!" Dean looked on with a mask of passivity as he started to circle the young man "Repeat your daily regimen soldier". William internally wondered why his father would ask him such a pointless question. After all, it was him that invented the regiment. However, he always was taught the importance of respecting the wishes of his superiors without question, so he wasn't about to disrespect an order now. Standing ram-rod straight, he began to list his daily routine "Sir, yes sir! I have completed 200 push-ups, a 10 mile run, and a round of boxing with cadets of the brigade! As per usual, i only finished boxing when i failed and sustained a visible injury. "

Dean looked at his son with a small amount of pride, for indeed, there was now a few more cuts and a busted lip that were added to his son's face. He clapped his son's shoulder and said calmly "At ease". Immediately, William dropped his rigid posture and adapted a more comfortable standing position. "You keep this up boy and i swear that you'll make commander by the time your my age. Now, before you head out, tell me what you are to say if a civilian asks you where you got your cuts and bruises from?" William smiled, despite the shock of pain the action sent throughout his face, and replied "I fell, sir!". Dean looked at his son with a solemn expression "Why do we say this?". William looked at his father with a face filled with pride "Because civilians are too weak to understand the bigger picture. Unlike you and me, sir!". Dean gave a rare fatherly smile and patted his son on the back "Good answer son!"

William, with a smile on his face, waved his father goodbye and began the 8 mile walk towards school.
Last edited by Cr25pltro6 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dungeons and dragons lite

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:37 am

Oh Goodness I love that idea! I've just been referring to them as mere guards but Brigade is much cooler.

Take your time, the introduction is merely where you'll start in the story. It's a new idea I came up with, but I guess you don't have to do it if you dont want to. CS accepted.

Though I would say it seems his communication would actually be a three then, since one means total illiteracy and baby talk.

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:40 am

I'll definitively write an introduction tomorrow, it seems like a good way to establish the character, its just late where i am.

p.s) Thanks for letting me know. i'll fix the communication number
Dungeons and dragons lite