Stars and Sails (Req)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
JoJoTheZombie

Stars and Sails (Req)

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:45 am

The year 2748, life had transformed beyond anyone's wildest dreams througout the universe. Several unkmow species of cognitive lifeforms were discovered by the humans, some even developing from them as well. By now, the human race was only a small population, one that had since moved on from their origins and were mainly scattered throughout stars on their own agenda. Although, the progressions of space travel and life as whole wouldn't habe been possible without man's discovery of a new element, one hidden away in the deepest parts of the universe, Graxium. This hidden element unlocked a whole new means for space travel, being the missing link needed for hyperspace travel. Fortunately only a very miniscule amount of Graxium is needed to make large amounts of fuel, its properties heavily outweighing its mass. Only .01 grams is need to make ten gallons of the fuel. So I'm sure you can imagine this means large amounts go for quite the heafty fee. The intergalactic government wasn't the only party to figure out that Graxium was a gold mine.

-----

Year 2748
The Edge of The Milky Way Galaxy

"Captain, We lost them." The pilot's voice rang out through the large controlroom.

"Good work everyone!" A voice called out from behin the pilot, the captain standing a few feet behind him. He was a tall slender man, clean shaven. Captain Miles 'Spark' Adams, one of he most notorious outlaws known across the starts, wanted for more crimes than he could possibly list. Though most of them included theft from the intergalactic government. Supplies. Supplies needed to make the most vauable resource in the galaxy. Fuel. Bootlegged Graxium grade hyperfuel. Hyperfuel of a different formula, one that could once again revoloutionize space travel as a whole.

A quick turn away from the pilot brought the captain's attention the crew members celebrating their heist, bringing a smirk to his face as he stepped by them towrds the lower hull of the ship. Footsteps echoed through the metal halls with each stepp of Spark Adams' boot, growing louder the further he descended down the steps. "Murphy!" Captain Adams called as he made his way down the sprilaing steps. "Tell me we have what we need." Adams added as he stepped into the scientists work space. Around them lied the two hundred pounds of pure Graxium, the entire supply stolen from the Moredia sector's intergalactic outposts. One of the largest staches in all the galaxies. It now belong them.

"Let's hear some good news Murphy." Adams insisted as he approached the man in a white and crome colored body suit, with eye protection to match. A look of astonishment and excitement lamented the man's face as he turned to face his captain.

"Captain. I think we've done it." Murphy responded in an almost giddy tone.

With a clasp of his shoulder, the Captain responded in his version of the same tone (which contained less enthusiasm) "Good man Murphy! We're gonna be filthy rich because of you." He paused for a moment before changing his tone slightly. "So it works, with no issue?"

"From what i can tell, without testing it, my measurements seems to spot on. Although I must admit Captain, I was a bit nervouse myself handling this much raw Graxium. Graxium in its unrefined form is almost completely unpredictable in potency, therefore making it imperative that we use the exact amount when making it. Otherwise even I can't begin tell you what would happen. "

Adams sighed, shaking his head slightly "But will it work?" He asked again, caring more for the results than the science lesson that came along with it.

Of course there was much more to explain, the insability of the end product could almost prove to be disastrous if mishandled, but the captain didnt seem interested. As result, Murphy reaponded with a sigh, nodding slightly "Yes. I believe it'll work, but Captain I don't think-"

Murphy's words were cut off by a sudden crackle over the speakers of the ship. "Captain! We have an issue! You're needed to bridge immidiately! They've found us!"

Right on time. Adams was expecting the Intergalactic Government to find them, only hoping to buy time for Murphy to finish his formula. Now that it was done, they were ready to make their escape. The Captain glanced up at the speaker before turning his attention back to Murphy. "We may get to test your fuel a lot sooner than you think. Have it ready to go. When I give you the word, pour what you've got into the fuel reserves."

"Uh.. Wait Captain. Im not so certain that is a good idea. Mixing the two could have-"

"Do what the fuck I tell you, or we'll leave you here to be taken back to prison." Adams interjected with a harsh tone. In reaponse Murphy backed down, resigning to doing what he was told with a nod.

"Good. Make preperations, and be quick." Adams finished before he ascended the steps towards the bridge.

On the large screen over the Pilot's seat showed Intergalactix Government ships, a whole fleet of them aimed at their ship. The rest of the crew seemed nervous, though the Captain unwaiveringly calm. There was no way they were going to destroy that much of their precious element. Just as that thought crossed Adams' mind, the feneral from the star fleet appeared on their screen.

"Captain Miles Adams, outlaw scum of the stars, you and your crew are charged for the theft and distribution of intergalactic government property. We promise to make your daths quick if you surrender now. The same can not be said if you do not cooperate."

The smirk stayed on Captain Adams' face as stared into the screen "General, we both know you wouldn't dare destroy the precious profits of your government. So let's be realistic about how we proceed." With a push of a button on his watch, the Captain spoke again. "Murphy, lets show them what we've got."

In response, Murphy approached the fuel tanks, his work in hand. Reluctantly he poured the prototype fuel inti the tank, watching as it bubbled on contact with the other fuel.

"Alright Adam's we gave you a chance." The General spoke again. "Take them down."

"Hyperdrive us out of here!" Adams' commanded towards the pilot. The ship jerked forward slightly as it was thrown into hyperdrive, though didnt actually go into hyperdrive. Instead the ship floated idly to the confusion and almost panic of everyone on board. "Get us out of here!" The Captain yelled again.

"I'm trying! I can't. None of the systems are responding."

Just as the pilot gave his explanation, a massive vibration rocked the ship, knocking some of the lights out as they began to move, rocking again as there was another impact. "Captain we're going down!"

With a trail of debris the ship begain spiraling towards the nearest planet, Earth.

The Captain kept his eyes on the window as they began spiraling towards the atmosphere, everyone on board expecting certain death. Thay was until a loud whirring noise surged through the ship, an odd vibration shaking everyone to their core as the ship lurched forward rocketing towards the planet. Then suddenly, vanished.

-----

Year 1695
Fifty miles off the English coast

The waves rose up high as the starship of Captain Spark Adams plummented into the ocean. The sound traveled far, reaching as far as a small fleet of ships, a black flag with a skull and crossbones painted on front. 'The Meryside' painted on the side of the ship, the captain standing on the rear deck of the boat, gazing in the direction of the impact. The whole crew saw it, something fell out of the sky. An intriguing event that peaked the interest of a very curious Captain John 'Blue Eye' Robbins. "Switch the sails! Set course for those waves!" He demanded to his crew, who swiftly set their sights on the myseterious impact. Whatever it was, if it was valuable, they would be the first to have it.

-----

A brief summary of that long intro:

An international space captain and his crew had pulled off the biggest heist in history, crusing away with almost 50billion dollars worth of space currency and intergalactic government property. While they seemed to be home free speeding through galaxies in their getaway, it was not the case, as an ambush cut them off and shot them down. Though something unexpected occurred as they barreled towards the nearest planet (Earth). The ship vanished, without a trace. Only once again reappearing as they crashed into the ocean, not far off the coast of England, in the year 1695. From there the crew meet a priate king, sworn into his debt as they become entangled with the outlaws of the sea.
-----

Cs:
Name:
Alliance: (Part of Adams' crew or John Robbins'. Space pirate or regular pirate)
Role: (what your characters job is on their respective crew)
Personality:
Bio:
Appearance:
Extra:
Last edited by JoJoTheZombie on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Argonaut24
Bronze

Re: Stars and Sails (Req)

Post by Argonaut24 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:33 am

Cs:

Name: Edward Morgan

Alliance: John Robbins is my captain

Role: Edward mainly leads and maintains the boarding/away party but he also, deals with crew morale.

Personality:
Edward, formly a Welsh privateer, developed respect and manners aboard a disciplined ship. Edward cares more about the men under him than he does his own life. Edward is determined to succeed and perform at 100%.

Bio:
Edward was orphan, he lived on the streets stealing and fighting other kids to find meal. As he grew, he became a fighter, beating almost everyone down to the ground in every fight. These fights were brutal and pay was based on crowd enjoyment, whether you won or not, and how much pain you put your opponent through. His skill caught the eye of a Welsh privateer captain, who hired Edward to sail with him. Their mission was to loot and scuttle every single Spanish, Portuguese, and French ship they could find in the name of the British crown. And as an added bonus, they were permitted to raid costal towns and ports if the opportunity presented itself.

Through his career, Edward became an excelled swordsman and gunfighter, he was known to clear the deck of a Spanish galleon like it was nothing. Edward's contract with the privateer ended and he joined Robbins' pirate crew for a more profitable experience.

Appearance:
(Very seldom wears the hood)

Extra:
He carries more weapons than the typical pirate: 2 swords, 4 flintlock pistols, a throwing knife, and a couple of smoke grenades.
Last edited by Argonaut24 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Accepted!

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Thank you! I plan to get the bio done this weekend.

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:19 pm

Awesome. Ill post my characters within a day or so hoping more people get interested soon!

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Ill just post the skeleton for my Cs for now.

Name: John 'Blue Eye' Robbins

Alliance: Captain Robbins

Role: Captain

Personality: The scourge of the sea, a take no prisinors type of Captain. His only soft spot is for women, and money. Robbins is the type of person who can smell bullshit from a mile away, expects the unexpected out of a situation. While he may not be properly education, John Robbins is as witty and creative as they come.

Bio: Once a pirate, always a pirate. Robbins grew up on a ship, growing up under his father's wing of the trade. Once his father was killed John quickly took his place. Over the years he built his own reputation, becoming a target for the British Navy. Wanted Dead or Alive, a heafty bounty on his head. Countless times he's been with his back against the wall, but slways managed to give the government the slip.

Though there was always one thing that drew Robbins back to mainland. Lydia, his lover. And their daughter, Grace. They haf their own life, one of the civilized world. A world John didnt belong in.

Appearance:

Extra: He is blind in his left eye with a scar over the eyebrow and under the eye. He wears his father's hat.

Name: Miles 'Spark' Adams

Alliance: Captain Adams

Role: Captain

Personality:
-Cocky
-Optimistic
-Ambitious
-Greedy
-A bit of an asshole all the way around
-Though he has a way to come off as a genuine hero.

Bio: (Dont feel like writing a long one so I'll do points)
-Orphaned at birth
-Joined the intergalactic star fleet at 17
-Stole a galactic government ship when he was 21 and began his piracy.
-Once he assembeled the crew he had enough to pursue his ambitions of making a better fuel source.

Appearance:

Extra:

Name: Jacob Murphy

Alliance: Adams' Crew

Role: Science Engineer

Personality:
-Quirky
-Nerdy
-Misses social cues
-Lacks Bravery
-Genius level intelligence

Bio: (Omit)

Appearance:
Last edited by JoJoTheZombie on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:30 am

CS

Name:
Winifred "Winnie" Atherton.

Alliance:
Robbin's crew.

Role:
Boatswain.

Personality:
Compared to how common folk may usually imagine seafaring pirates - greedy rebellious drunks that pillage innocent ships - Winnie is far more structured and organized. She much prefers to be keeping to a task and making sure orders are being followed. (I can't think of how to put it in paragraph form at the moment, so sorry if you don't like the list I'll be putting in for now :P)
- Structured, organized
- Loyal
- Rule-follower
- Stoic, firm
- Secret passion for music and dancing
- Relentless in making sure people are doing what they need to do/nit picky, which leads to being occasionally impatient
- Has a hard time giving people breaks and tends to push the crew to the breaking point

Bio:
Born to the strangely-paired couple of a fugitive Gypsy and a former member of the English navy along with her older brother, Winnie always lived her life by the sea with the wind in her hair and water tickling her toes. The salty smell of tumbling waves mixed with stunning rolling green hills with a small home by the docks was nothing short of perfect in the eyes of the Athertons, especially since they lived on the outskirts of the village. Her father was a fisherman, born and raised, and her mother tended to the house while her husband was working. Though the news of what the English were up to occasionally stirred worry in the eyes of her parents, Winnie didn't think much of what went on outside of her Irish homeland. All that mattered was that she was able to look on as her father taught her brother how to tend to the fishing boat they had. That, and there was a young lad from the town that she was beginning to fancy....

But by the time she had hit sixteen, everything had taken a turn for the worst, as these things usually do. The English had suddenly invaded Ireland with brute force, happening upon her village and home with a thirst for blood comparable to a wild and hungry animal. Her father quickly ushered his family off as he distracted the British soldiers long enough for them to get away unseen, but the crew of three didn't have anywhere to go and, being somewhat untrained and afraid, had no idea where they were headed. After some time, the sibling's mother had passed a couple days before landing at some docks somewhere in England.

The brother-sister duo lived off of their father's former livelihood and scraped by with some odd fishing jobs while disguising their Irish heritage as best they could. On quiet moments, Winnie continued to gaze out into the sea with a longing to escape to it once again, listening in to the conversations that crew members on bigger ships had and studying how they operated. As she and her brother got older they went their separate ways, and once her brother had gone, Winnie decided to take the chance. She lied to crews about her experience and found her way onto different boats, learning and teaching herself how to operate within a crew. It felt as though she was right at home, the home away from home. Winnie put her old life behind her, as much as she cherished it, and turned to a life of sailing the open seas with hard work as a staple in her life.

Appearance:
Her eyes are a sea foam green color that seem to mimic shifting tides in the light.

She wears a billowing white shirt underneath all of it.

A cutlass: Image
A flintlock: Image
A one-handed axeImage
Extra:
Winnie loves to dance, but it's not a fact she advertises. She's also very swift on her feet.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:14 am

Accepted. Feel free to make more than one character!

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:46 pm

Thanks! I think I'll make one for the space pirates, we'll see lol
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm

So does the pirate crew have any equipment or weapons from their time or was it all lost in the crash?