[Req] Days of Heroes Past

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
BlondieBoy
Bronze

Re: [Req] Days of Heroes Past

Post by BlondieBoy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:11 am

bump
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:27 am

Sorry for the hold up. It took me longer to work on my character than I thought it would. All I have to do is write up his history and ill finally be done with it. Just wanted to give you an update on how much longer it would be till I'm done.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:40 am

It's all good. You'll be able to come in on our flash-forward posts probably!
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:35 am

Superman is dead, Lex Luthor is dead.

Name: Frank Welles

Hero Name: Noir Knight

Personality: He is a quiet and inquisitive type of person. He is always thinking about some type of case that he is working on. Regardless if that case is one of his open files as an investigator or one of his cases as a hero. Because of the life he has lived he has a hard time getting close to most people and can come across to many as being too serious. He has a tendency to keep his emotions locked up and that can sometimes cause him personal problems. He believes that he will never be able to have the joy of a real family, friends, or even just other people who might be able to understand him. As such he throws himself into both his jobs. Hopeing that his work as the Chief Investigator for the D.A. will help to keep criminals locked away so that they can no longer hurt others, while at the same time hopeing that his work as Noir Knight will be enough to keep the innocent safe from the criminals and the monsters that still roam the streets.

Powers:
Skills - He has been trained in Krav Maga, Parkour, unarmed combat, hand-to-hand combat, knife fighting, knife throwing, quarterstaff usage, and marksmanship. He is most proficient with pistols, but can still use most firearms. He is also a master detective with above average intellect, though not high enough to be classified as a genius, and is proficient with tracking, hacking, lock picking, forensic science, and criminal psychology.

Telepathy - He can read another person's thoughts, communicate with them mentally, affect their minds in general, and even affect there very thoughts. However, his strength in this power is not as focused as pure Telepaths, or even many with multiple powers like himself. As such his power works best when in direct contact with either the person he is trying to connect with, or at least by having something that the person has a strong connection with. He has discovered that he seems to be able to use this power in a manor similar to hypnosis without much trouble, even on small groups of people so long as it doesn't exceed twelve people. When using his power this way he has even been able to pass completely unnoticed by those around him by having them pay no attention to his presence at all.

Psychometry - He can obtain historical memories or sensations concerning beings and objects he interacts with. With objects he gains knowledge of the item including the makers, the items uses, and any who used the item even those who have only used it in passing, and what has been done with it. With living beings or parts of the body he can learn their general life-history, but gains no information about what they were thinking or feeling if he doesn't use his telepathy at the same time.

Tactile Telekinesis- He is completely surrounded by a field of telekinetic energy that protects him from harmful environments or objects while also protecting him from physical damage, but the more attacks he takes the more likely it becomes that he could get gradually injured to worsening extents. The field also enhances his physical abilities, and allows him to manipulate objects that he is physically touching, as well as enabling him to fly. Though he prefers not to fly unless he has to do so.

Bio: Frank never had what would be described as a normal life by any account. In fact it was as far from normal as the east is from the west. He was raised by a small conclave that was made up of a collection of families that all had patriarchs and matriarchs who had been gifted with powers. None of these relatives had been active heroes or villains so they had not been killed whenever the heroes had been executed. The group chose to move around in a nomadic way similar to Gypsies and as such they actually ran a traveling circus so that no one would be suspicious of their constant travelling. At least that was the plan, but plans often go astray.

For the first twelve years of his life Frank was able to live happily with his family. He was trained in a number of different skills that could be useful if one day heroes were needed, or if by some miracle they were ever welcomed again. The conclusive trained all their children the same way as this hoping that their combined bloodlines would help to give rise to powerfully gifted children who would bear the mantle of the new heroes who could bring rise to a new golden age for humanity. Because they felt the world had been gradually getting worse ever since the heroes of the past were lost. Theu also inspired the children by providing them with comics about superheroes, old magazine clippings of stories about them, and even a small collection of videos that had been gathered. It was a life that was simplistic and joyous. No one had any indication that the truth about their group had been discovered until the attack came.

Frank and the other children had been asleep in the communal tent whenever it happened. They woke up to the sounds of fully automatic gun fire and deafening explosions. The military had somehow discovered the truth about the group and had sent in a cleaner squad. The people seemed to stand no chance against the onslaught. They only had one thing on their side the government had no solid Intel on the group's numbers or capabilities. The conclave leaders had worked tirelessly to make sure that information about their members was always as scarce as possible. So of course at least some people might be able to get away. Everyone began to use the evacuation procedures that had been set up in case something like the attack should ever happen. But instead of running Frank turned back. He had already started to learn how to use his Telepathy and he realized something else was wrong.

After searching through the chaos he fund the source of the wrongness that he felt. It was his mothers sadness. She was gravely wounded and laying across the dead body of her husband crying while she worried for the safety of her son. Frank ran up and wanted to help but knew he could do nothing. His mother looked to him with tears in her eyes and told him to escape so he could live, and then said to not let what had happened to change him. She reminded him that heroes protect people and that was what he needed to do. He promised her that he would remember and started to leave. On his way out he noticed a soldier who was arguing with a group of other soldiers. It seemed this soldier didn't agree with the operation and couldn't understand how the others could just go through with it so easily. The other soldiers raised their weapons to fire on the lone soldier and Frank reacted without thinking. He charged forward and leapt in front of the man right as the group opened fire. The next thing he knew the group of men were screaming in pain and the lone soldier was holding Frank's had pulling him behind him and telling him to run.

At the time Frank didn't know what had happene. But with the soldiers help they figured it out together. When he had jumped in front of the soldier, whose name was Maxwell Anderson, his body had generated a s personal shield around Frank that had bounced the bullets back at the group injuring them in the process. This was how he learned about another of his powers. Frank and Maxwell escaped together and got to know each other. Apparently Maxwell had never approved of the idea of killing people just because they had abilities or wanted to help keep others safe and this mission had pushed him over his limit. He decided to raise Frank himself and provided him with whatever training he could that he believed would help him to one day become a hero. Maxwell also got in contact with some old friends in the military who had similar beliefs as him and they assisted in providing Maxwell with a new identity as well as helping to develope tech and gear that could be used by the two to slowly build up everything they would need for Frank once he became a hero.

After many years of study and training they moved to New York so that Frank could go to collage so that he could have a normal life when not acting as a hero. He excelled in his studies and completed his schooling quicker than most would believe because of his hard work ethic and willingness to not take any sort of semester breaks. A short time after he graduated he went to visit Mexwell, who had moved away so that his presence wouldn't risk Franks true identity being discovered in case Maxwell himself was ever located. Unfortunately Maxwll was found and captured. He was interrogated for a long time before being killed as a traitor since he wouldn't reveal anything that He had done after the attack on the circus. Frank was heartbroken to learn the truth but he forced myself to move on knowing that was what Maxwell would've wanted him to do. He then got a job working as a private investigator for the city. This eventually got him well enough noticed that he was hired to work for the D.A.s office where he eventually gained the rank of Cheif Investigator. By this time he has fully built up his own hidden base that he works out of as the Noir Knight, while also continuing to work with the D.A.s office. But he has no idea about the insanity that he is about to be dragged into or about the collection of interesting people that he is about to met.

Appearance:
He looks like this and his clothes are similar just imagine them more modern.

Alter Ego Appearance:
His headgear on his mask allows him to see in a variety of spectrums, has a voice modulator, can protect him from most poisons, toxins, and diseases, and has a connection to his bikes computer that helps to provide him with Intel on the fly if he needs it. His tech-bracelet allows him to control his helmets gear, his motorcycle, and other advanced equipment of his without having to directly use them.

Extra:
He uses this specialized armored combat motorcycle whenever he is acting as a vigilante. It has a cloaking device, an onboard computer, and multiple weapon systems. He calls his motorcycle Lady Luck, and it has a direct connection to his bases supercomputer Oracle, which in turn is connected to his own private government style satellite that he calls Delphi.

(Sorry this took so long. I hope he's acceptable. The local cell tower was down so I had no way of getting on line because I can only get online by using my phones data. That's why it took me so much longer then I thought it would.)

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:37 am

I'm not sure if you might have most my post or not but I'm still waiting to here back from you about my character sheet Blondie.

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 am

Just finished reading it, I'm leaning on the side of accepting, I just would like a few small changes here and there. The whole headpiece is largely ok, protection from most poisons, toxins and diseases is a little much for me. So long as there's still a chance that they could get hit with any of those, the mask not being 100% safe, I'm fine with it.

If the Telepathy doesn't act as a hypnosis against other heroes I'm alright with it. Like, so long as he doesn't intend to use it against other roleplayers. Im alright with it being used on regular people and villains.

And as long as he still takes damage from battles or suffers from some weakness during a tense situation, I'm fine with those changes. As long as he isn't always winning every time.

Anyways if that's acceptable, I'll be waiting for the edits so I can give my approval.

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:24 am

Everything you mentioned had already been a part of my planning for him. I wouldn't use any of powers on other players at all unless it was to try to rescue them from something or if I had their permission to do so for something that we had worked out. As for his mask it still works off a form of filtration syaitem. Which means the more toxins and things his mask stop the more likely it is that toxins will begin to get through and effect him. At which point he would have no defense against them. Also he can't change his filtration system while wearing his suit so he can't just switch them out easily on the fly either. Corrosive materials wpuld eat through his filtration system and to much physical damage to his mask would also cause it to stop working. Finally the more powers he uses and the longer he uses them the more exhausted he gets. Plus the more damage that would be caused by an enemies attack the more stress it puts on his defensive abilities. So it's not unlikely for him to be injured, defeated, or even possibly killed. Lastly mind altering substances like narcotics, alcohol, or neurotoxins, head trauma, or even something like a headache can effect his ability to use his powers. So it's possible that depending on extenuating circumstances he might not even be able to use his powers at times.

I hope that covers everything. I just posted all this here because I wasn't exactly sure what you were wanting me to edit. I hope that this is alright. I hope to get to hear back from you as soon as possible. :D

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:13 am

That's all fine then. Accepted.

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:09 am

Thank you. Should I go ahead and get my starting post in, or should I wait till something in particular happens first?

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:12 am

Right now Water, Artsy, and Volt are having a car ride. After that, I'm going to be writing one big post that serves as a flash forward. I'll have my characters be doing various things over an X-Month period, interacting with other characters, and then each person will write their flash forward post to include meetings with my characters as well as their own meetings with other characters. It can be however long you'd like. For you, it'll serve as your character's introduction point. You can start it from wherever you'd like. Whatever reason your character couldnt be a part of the Catastrophic and Lion Class fights, and their journey to the current point in time. There won't be time to meet other characters during your first post, unless you'd like to arrange any of your first time meetings by PMing another RPer and having your character bump into them. Other than that, a new event will be taking place after that that will begin to push the heroes towards each other, much like the Catastrophic class forced them together to meet. At which point, you'll be able to meet anyone your character hasn't met yet.