[Req] Days of Heroes Past

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
BlondieBoy
Bronze

[Req] Days of Heroes Past

Post by BlondieBoy » Tue May 07, 2019 12:33 am

The world is at a crossroads.

The world is in a dire need of saving. It needs a hero. But how were they supposed to know what time would bring?

Superheroes used to be a staple in the world. Beings who were above humans, but didn't act like it. Strong who had the power to protect the weak. Unfortunately governments didn't see them that way. They saw them as they would see a nuclear warhead, a weapon just waiting to be used against their country. Nobody wanted a second Cold War, so they rounded up every Superhero that they could. The heroes didn't resist, a majority of them anyway. They were taken and executed in public displays. They refused to fight the humans that they had vowed to protect.

Back then heroes were used to fight against villains but after the heroes were executed, the villains stopped fighting. Plans to take over the world, to destroy it....left in the dust. News reports would come up from time to time about the latest supervillain found hanging in their brooklyn apartment, or sent to a morgue after overdosing on heroin. The genocide of superheroes seemed to have affected each of their rivals deeply, to the point where villains had lost all motivation to fight.

The only word that could be used to describe the event and its effects is Depression.

But time kept on crawling forward. Before long babies were born, kids matured into adults. People forgot about the heroes that once protected their worlds. People stopped believing in heroes. And the world governments no longer had to worry about another cold war with super-powered beings. Everything gradually went back to normal. Politics, wars, innocent people being lost in collateral damage. The people had put their faith in their own militaries and their police forces. But even that faith wavered after so many articles about police brutality, and war criminals from their own country coming to light. Atrocities committed while at war with another county. Rapes and child murder.

But it's not like there was anybody around to keep a government in check anymore.

And then it happened. Something that nobody could have predicted. Nobody except, perhaps, the heroes that had been executed decades ago. The earth was invaded by monsters. Nobody knows where they came from. Some suggested aliens, others believe they came from the sea, and some believe they were always there under the earth, just biding their time and waiting to retake the surface when humans were weakest.

No country was safe from the monsters. Russia believed none would be able to march on their country as no army has marched on it in the past. Russia Wasn't prepared when the winged beasts began to pluck their citizens from the ground and into the sky, never to be seen again. Italy believed the Vatican would be divine protection for them, but they were not prepared when the Vatican was nothing left but a hole in the ground. The British parliament believed it all to be a hoax perpetrated by an enemy country. They were unpleasantly surprised when a hand reached down and picked up Big Ben between its thumb and forefinger, and snapped it in half like it was nothing but a child playing with a twig.

What everybody has failed to realize is that the mutant gene that created the original heroes never went away. The superheroes had been executed decades ago, but their lineage continued. Babies inherited powers from a mutant gene, and those babies grew into teenagers and adults. But without any villains or heroes to identify them and teach them, nobody knew that they had powers. Not until an event in their life would jumpstart their powers. Whether through trauma or joy, one day their powers would awaken and they would realize they were the next generation of heroes, the next generation of villains.

By the time the monsters had shown up some had figured out their powers long ago, and never revealed them to anyone. others have yet to awaken their powers. But if they reveal themselves, will they end up just as the heroes of past did? Will they end the threat to humanity, and be given thanks in the form of a bullet to their heads?

But true heroes don't have time to think about that. Whenever a threat pops up around them, they go to eliminate it.

Our story begins in the heart of Metropolis, once home to the mighty Superman. People who live their everyday lives are accosted by monsters at night, ripped to shreds and dragged to their deaths. Recently heroes have begun popping up, though no news outlet has officially stated so yet. People who have lived normal lives, who have come from different families, different wealth statuses, all fighting together to try and save Humanity from the threat of the monsters.

Our story begins with the group of Heroes that would one day be known as the Earth's Mightiest.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:
1. This is a very literate RP. Proper spelling of words is the minimum barrier to entry, as well as making sure all posts are at least 4 sentences long. For the best experience I'd like to see multiple paragraphs per post.
2. Do not make your Superhero OP. Do not Autohit other Player Characters. Do not start drama with other players in the request or the OOC.
3. Do not Godmod. This goes with rule 2.
4. Put "Superman is dead, Lex Luthor is dead." At the top of your CS so that I am aware you have read the rules. I will deny your CS if it is not there.
5. Romance, swearing, etc. All of that is fine, keep everything up to RPF standards. No sexting and shit like that in my RP. If you'd like to mention that your character and another have entered into a relationship just let me know.
6. I have the final say on what happens in the RP, if I hit the plot button and you refuse to follow my plot your character will be ignored.

Character Sheet:

Name:

Hero Name:

Personality:

Powers:

Bio:

Appearance:

Alter Ego Appearance:

Extra:
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Re: [Req] Days of Heroes Past

Post by BlondieBoy » Tue May 07, 2019 1:02 am

Superman is dead, Lex Luthor is dead.

Character Sheet:

Name: Zeke Beauchamp

Hero Name: Zeus

Personality: When it comes to his work, he's a very meticulous man. As both a scientist and an engineer, he must never be off his measurements. He gets pretty touchy about people entering his lab. He's gone so far as to injure an assistant who entered the lab without permission one time, much to the twins' displeasure. He has a rapport with the twins, only ever really joking around when he's around the two of them.

While he's busy being a hero, his top priority is always saving those who aren't strong enough to save themselves. Without the weak, there can be no strong- that's his philosophy. He often tries to joke on the job, as its his only outlet while he's away from his creations and his experiments.

Powers: Zeke is a descendant of the god of thunder, Thor. As a result he is able to channel lightning with his body, and is able to summon the powerful weapon Mjolnir, though he is unaware that he is able to summon Mjolnir and unaware that he is the descendant of Thor. As far as he is aware he simply his Lightning powers.

Bio:

Zeke was born to a rich family, as the firstborn male he is the heir apparent to Beuchamp Industrial, an engineering company that has ties to several top countries in the world. Despite this, Zeke has never shown any interest in running a business empire. He's always preferred to focus on his studies and his hobbies instead.

He has a kid brother and three sisters. His brother is only 8 years old, two of his sisters are 12, though one of them just turned 12 and the other is closer to 13 now, and his other sister just turned 15.

When Rosie- the girl who just turned 15- was about 12 years old, she collapsed. Zeke and his parents ran over to her and cared for her for the next two weeks. They had the best doctors from all over the world examine her, but her condition was something that had never been seen and had no cure for.

When the monsters began invading the earth, Zeke saw it as a golden opportunity. New blood samples and potential cures were everywhere. And as he was taking to the streets already as a hero to protect the weak, he now had a solid byproduct to his work. Being a hero wasn't a thankless job after all.

Of course he began staying later and later in his lab funded by the twins, performing more and more experiments, while inventing equipment for the two twins to take to the streets with themselves. Of course he knew what they needed the gadgets for, he was the one who had to design and make them. He chose not to disclose that he was, in fact, also a hero operating right under their noses.

Appearance: Image

Alter Ego Appearance: Image

Extra:
Last edited by BlondieBoy on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue May 07, 2019 3:55 am

I'm down for this! I've got a character I would like to use, but is there a certain age range you'd like? She's kind of young.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Tue May 07, 2019 6:16 am

Young is fine. RP is gonna be pretty dark (I mean, they executed Superman and Lex Luthor overdosed on pills), so age range is actually encouraged to show how it affects different aged people

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Tue May 07, 2019 10:17 am

Disaster twins will be here soon c:<
I'm Blondie's Princess

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Tue May 07, 2019 11:29 pm

Name:
  • Rainleigh James (Rain)
  • Rainleigha James (Leigha, Pronounced Leia)
Hero Name:
  • Mars
  • Venus
  • 23 (older by 13.5 minutes)
  • Female
Personality:
  • Cold, sullen and harsh. Rainleigh’s personality very much reflects the nickname he has chosen, Rain. He can be considered a stick-in-the-mud and openly looks down on his sisters lifestyle, often shaming her for her choices and actions. He has a strict sense of right and wrong and wants to make the world a better place for good people.
    Although he would like to consider himself as very responsible and in control, sometimes this is shown to be very much the opposite of the truth. He can ignore or neglect his responsibilities if they seem too difficult.
    Rain is always working, or thinking about work. He seemingly never rests or relaxes and thinks that is the best way to live.
    Despite how calm and collected he would like to be, Rain has quite a temper on him. He very much sees this as a negative aspect of his personality but often cannot help getting into squabbles with his older sibling. It may seem that he dislikes Leigha although he must hold some form of love for his sibling... hopefully, maybe deep down.
  • Rainleigha appears to be the antithesis of her older brother. She lives an almost completely hedonistic life, loving nothing more than surrounding herself with attractive men, women and drinks to have fun. She’s somewhat of a femme fatale, often found pining over an attractive person she happens across.
    Leigha is extremely energetic and can often appear to be rather crass in the way she speaks and behaves.
    She is significantly more open minded than her brother and spares others from judgement unless it's deserved. Leigha isn’t ashamed of her regular fights with her brother and can often be fractious around her brother, trying to get a rise out of him. Although she is very aware that she loves him regardless of how irritating he can be.
Powers:
The twins' impants were designed to reflect the users personalities. Each has a weapon powered by their personality and a varying amount of extras also reflecting the personality of the intended user.
  • Rain's Abilities Include:
    Studied the Blade- Rain's signature weapon. A sword he can summon with his mind, powered by his cold and calculating nature. He has extensive knowledge on it and therefore can determine the ideal speed and target for a clean and efficient attack.
    Level head- Rainleigh can slow down time for himself and occasionally his sister, increasing preparation time and therefore the accuracy of attacks.
    Letting Go- The least favourite of the bunch. Rain transforms into an insanely powerful beast of a man, reflecting his temper, passion and violent tendencies. As this ability is almost always resisted by Rain, he has little to no control over it. It is most often activated when Rain is feeling intense emotions.
  • Leigha's Abilities Include:
    Gun.- Leigha's signature weapon. A pistol she can summon with her mind, powered by her confidence and energy. Depending on her emotions, the gun's fire speed and damage are affected. It's bullets can be devastating for targets.
    Lightning Quick- Leigha can move significantly faster than a regular human, due to her energetic nature.
    X-ray Vision- Leigha can see through objects and layers of things from quite a distance away.
Bio:
  • Before you ask, yes, their names were a collaborative effort between the two parents. Rainleigha, made from Magnus James’ favourite weather and Ann-Marie James’ favourite girl name with a twist. Genius, right?

Thanks to the family's successful tech company, James Tech, the twins and their parents were wealthy and things were going smoothly. Until one day without warning Magnus took off, destroying his lab in the family's building and vanishing without a trace. The remaining members of the family were left to wonder what had happened for a short while before they were greeted by the impudent CIA at their door.
    Magnus' most impressive project yet was supposed to have been kept clandestine, but it was clear something had let it slip. Artificial superpowers; both revolutionary and highly illegal. The twins' father seemed to have attempted to destroy the evidence in order to escape punishment, then fled.

The James' building had been ransacked looking for more evidence, the family interrogated to see if they knew anything. Nothing was found, obviously, Magnus' project had been kept completely secret from the rest of the household. They begun to acquiesce Magnus' disappearance, despite how hurt they were about his decisions.Taking on the responsibility of the company, Ann-Marie managed to save it from destruction, although grinding her fingers to the bone in the process. Out for the count after years of work, the Twins took her role.

With hard work and a little luck, James Tech was better than ever. During a renovation of the basement floors of their building, Leigha and Rain happened across their long gone father's first blueprints of an brain implant aiming to give the user special abilities. The last remaining evidence of Magnus' crimes in the building, found at last!

With extra budget to spare, Rainleigha managed to convince her brother to follow their father's plans to make the two of them super weapons. Not only to make Leigha stop pestering him but to also fulfil his desire to make the world a better place, he agreed. They hired a renowned engineer, Zeke Beauchamp, and got to work. Months later the two finally had their own superpower implants, each one personalised for the twin using it.

Ever since the siblings have lived double lives, as wealthy co-owners of a successful company and as illegal superheroes Venus and Mars. For Rainleigh their situation seems to be getting riskier each day. Rainleigha, of course, doesn't feel this pressure like her brother.
Alter Ego Appearances:
Appearances:
Extra:
Last edited by Water on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm Blondie's Princess

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed May 08, 2019 3:37 am

Character Sheet:

Name:
Scarlett DeWitt.

Hero Name:
Morph.

Personality:
Scarlett is commonly seen as a brave and righteous hero with an indomitable sense of justice and responsibility. There are times when her sense of responsibility can be almost overbearing. This combined with her strong moral compass in the face of adversity and sharp wit makes her a unique opponent to some and ally to others.

One of Scarlett's most prominent traits is her optimism and kindness. In and out of the suit, she is seen doing the smallest acts of kindness simply due to the way she was raised. This can range from something as menial as helping someone pick up their fallen groceries or putting herself in harm's way to get innocent civilians to safety. She also looks on the bright side of most situations, whether that means cracking a joke or spreading some positive words.

Behind this supportive facade, however, is a wounded soul that has gone through a considerable amount of suffering for a sixteen year old. While Morph is in combat, people do get hurt and sometimes even blame her for it, leaving her depressed for having failed in her responsibility. Death in particular is difficult for Scarlett to reconcile with, leading her to do normal teenage things and close herself off, becoming something short of a recluse.

Scarlett is also traditionally a loner, but not by choice. Due to her being a budding undiscovered hero, Scarlett hasn't found many other heroes willing to work with her. However, she eagerly and patiently awaits the arrival of the opportunity.

Morph is also a strong willed hero: whatever obstacles come her way and push her down, she always gets back up and fights five times as hard as before. Her indomitable will and don't-give up-attitude contribute to her tolerance of bigger transformations she may encounter. But despite being strong-willed and bubbly, Scarlett is rather naive, and is often her downfall in certain situations.

Powers:
Scarlett can shapeshift her form, transforming and reshaping herself down to her genetic and cellular structure. She can impersonate others or enhance her own body for combat by turning into animals, other people, or monsters, so long as she has seen a visual representation of it. As of yet, Scarlett hasn't found anything impossible to transform into, though as an animal gets larger than a gorilla or smaller than a dog, the process becomes more painful. The only side effects that she has noticed so far are small things that take more time to change. For example, after turning into a cat and back into herself, her eyes may still look like a cat's for a few moments longer before reverting to their normal state.

Along with this, Scarlett can change her vocal cords to sound like specific creatures and people without having to actually transform into them. It essentially works by her shapeshifting and stopping before her looks change. It is a practice she is trying to perfect, but one she has nonetheless.

Scarlett has not found a time limit as to how long she can stay in a single form yet, but has discovered other disadvantages to her ability. Being unconscious/asleep will cause her to revert back to her original form. It also takes time to go back to her natural self, meaning she needs a secluded spot. Finally, Scarlett sometimes does not transform at will sometimes. Though it's uncommon, her powers will cause her to involuntarily morph into some random person, animal, or monster, even if she is not consciously thinking about said creature.

Bio:
Scarlett was born with a rare degenerative disease. Most (if not all) of her early life was moving into one hospital and staying through several painful procedures before transferring to what was supposed to be a better facility. The DeWitt parents were always exhausted from staying at the side of their sick little girl, but they managed to make the most out of the dire situation. Frail and not getting any better, Scarlett herself seemed to be losing hope more than her parents were despite being so young. Her red curls were completely gone and her skin was papery white and sickly from the chemotherapy. Not even her baby brother, Holden, could make her smile at some points.

It wasn't until she reached CLASSIFIED when progress was finally shown at all and hope flooded Scarlett's mind. The scientists there introduced an experiment that had only worked on one other person, a boy not much older than Scarlett. The scientists injected the patient with DNA from a mixture of animals to help overcome the mysterious disease in Scarlett's body. Eager to see their eldest daughter get better, the DeWitts agreed to submit her to the experiment. It worked far better than they ever hoped it would, and in a matter of months and some occasional visits after being released from the hospital, Scarlett seemed to be a normal child.

But the experiment worked far better than the DeWitts could have expected. Scarlett shared a room with Holden at home when he was a bit older. One night, a burglar broke into the home with a loud crash. Scared to death, Scarlett woke up immediately and rushed over to four year old Holden, holding him tightly in her arms. Holden let out a soft gasp and Scarlett found herself wrapped in his arms in the form of a tabby cat. With the older sister's fear of having to be admitted to the hospital yet again, she and Holden kept the experience a secret. It eventually began to entertain them, playing games and seeing what Scarlett could shapeshift into.

But the secret didn't stay between the duo for long. Several years after the discovery of Scarlett's powers, she came across the knowledge that she was not the only one out there with strange abilities. There were a bunch of other people with powers far more powerful than her own, doing things that she could only dream of doing. They were heroes, something that was straight out of one of the many comic books she would read during her time at the hospital getting treated. Something about the idea called to her strongly, and she began to work on becoming a hero. Scarlett gathered up all of the money she could, whether it was from birthdays, grandma, or random change on the ground, and began to buy items to make her costume.

Initially, it started off as a hoodie with a piece of cloth tied around her head. Scarlett would carefully assist civilians any way possible, whether it was by providing directions to the nearest bakery or pulling them out of danger. It took practice, but she started to settle in with the routine. She would stay out late into the night and risk a lack of sleep, but it became a passion that she didn't mind doing. Now Scarlett has some light armor to protect herself from things like falling and some light punches, should she find herself out of her animal form, and has been scouring the city for two years. People who have come in contact with her have dubbed her as "Morph", and it's a name she has grown to love.

Appearance:
For someone that wants to conceal her identity and remain inconspicuous, Scarlett can clearly stand out in a crowd. Her short red curls and uniquely lean stature make her someone that attracts the attention of passersby when she would much rather not have it. She stands at a remarkable five feet - four inches and always has a lighthearted (sometimes interpreted as mischievous) look on her face accented by cool blue eyes.

Alter Ego Appearance:
(I'll have to find something.)

Extra:
Superman is dead, Lex Luthor is dead.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Wed May 08, 2019 7:11 am

Accepted Gecko! Just wanted to give you a heads up, operating in public and everything is fine but in this day and age, there has been no pull back on the position of Superheroes to the world powers, so cops will try to arrest all heroes. Nothing in your bio or personality conflicts there, just wanted to give you the heads up!

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Thu May 09, 2019 11:29 pm

Accepted baby

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Wed May 29, 2019 1:14 am

bump