The Happening (Apocalypse)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
DJ Muffins

The Happening (Apocalypse)

Post by DJ Muffins » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Had an idea for a casual survival RP, where the world is full of mutated monsters, lemme know what you think!

One of the largest Medical achievements was on the horizon. A Biological cure, a gas that could cure any disease, any virus, preform what could only be described as miracles. By altering the molecules of the host, this cure could regrow limbs, give the gift if sight, hearing, even harmlessly remove cancerous tumors in hours. However, the greatest medicine the world had sen could also be the deadliest weapon in history. The Terrorist group known as "The One" managed to gain a sample of this miracle cure, and turned it into a weapon of mass destruction.

This bastardized bio-weapon mutates the hosts it enters disfiguring humans, animals, and even some plants. It effects each host differently, adding extra limbs, giving odd abilities and unique mutations to each. Nearly all effected are driven with a violent rage, attempting to tear apart the living in this new hell. So far they seem simple minded, only able to do simple tasks such as opening unlocked doors, or climbing ladders.

The day the gas was released, known now as "The Happening" was the day selected sleeper teams across the world released this bio weapon into the community. These small samples spread like wildfire, growing and developing as a biological "living weapon". The governments tried their best to mitigate the damage, mass distributions of gas masks to the communities far enough from the spread, followed by quarantines, and martial law...

Panic and disorder set in as more and more people were mutated by the gas, and desperation caused governments to fall, military forces turning into armed militias. Laws had long since been ignored, as riots and crime sprees broke out. Jets flew over large quarantined cities carpet bombing the diseased in desperate attempts to stop the end...

Three years have passed since the riots ended. Both the governments of the old world and the terror group known as "The One" are gone. Small groups had managed to set up cities and towns that were relatively safe. While the roads remain dangerous, trade routs between them had formed, cities trading food and medical supplies, gas masks and filters, and other necessary goods between them. A community of sorts has started to live in the ashes of the lost world. However outside the walls, those roads are filled with the diseased, raiders, and lawless marauders preying on the weak.

We live in this world. We die in this world. Welcome home.

CS Thread:. https://rp-forums.net/posting.php?mode=post&f=21
Last edited by DJ Muffins on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadow005

Re: The Happening (Apocalypse)

Post by shadow005 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:01 pm

this sounds cool can I be in it

Sent from my Coolpad 3632A using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Of course!

shadow005

Post by shadow005 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:27 pm

thanks are there any character specifications

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Not really, I plan on making the CS thread after a few more join, did you have any ideas?

shadow005

Post by shadow005 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

no not really

shadow005

Post by shadow005 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

just wanted to know

shadow005

Post by shadow005 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:43 pm

I think I should tell you that I am new to this app I got it yesterday

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:26 pm

your fine! Welcome to RP forums.

After a few more people join, I'll make a new thread, and link it here. That's where you can post your Character Sheet

shadow005

Post by shadow005 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 pm

alrighty thanks