[Req][Closed] Beacon Academy: Secrets of the Dust

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Req] Beacon Academy: Secrets of the Dust

Post by Monika » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:28 am

ImageName:
Amethyst Dust
ImageAge:
ImageGender:
Female
ImagePersonality:
Amethyst has a little obsession with Dust. She loves all forms of it, and will often to stop to look at them in shops. Despite this, she is rather aloof and stays in the background when she can. She feels if anyone caught a glimpse of her scar, they would avoid her like most do. She is extremely self conscious, and studies and tries extra hard in everything she does. She isn't unfriendly, she just never had anyone want to be her friend, so talking to people is something new to her. She's always afraid of what people would think of her.
ImageBio:
Amethyst doesn't entirely remember much from anything before a few years ago. She was found at the age of 7 with a strange bullet in the right side of her forehead, burns on the right side of her face, and powdered dust scattered around. What remained of her home shown signs of Dust Keepers, people who were attuned to dust, and knew the ways of the Dust, passed down since the very beginning. Ways that had been lost to the sands of time. They also were known for crafting special mixtures of dust. These concoctions are usually designed for a certain purpose, and sometimes go as far as to mix dust types together for different effects. The Dust Keepers knew how to control these mixed elements and produce the desired effects, as well as use them in weapons and in their clothes in the form of special dust crystals, beads, or even special Dustcloth. It was believed that the Keepers had remnants of dust in their blood, that gave them these capabilities.

It was unknown what the Dust Keepers were working on, but whatever it was got them killed, and their research and work taken away. All that was left was the girl on the floor with the dust. She was in a coma for nearly two years, and when she woke up, she remembered nothing, not even her name. She was named Amethyst for the color of her eyes, and Dust for what they believed her affinity to be.

She was sent to live with a professor at Beacon, someone who knew at least enough about Dust Keepers, and help her learn her affinity to Dust use and hopefully help her regain some of her memory. She would be given raw dust every so often, and most of the time she had no idea what to do with it. One day, though, something seemed to come to her. She started to mix the two different dusts that she was given, resulting in a concoction that gave off a cold flame. It hadn't been something that she had been taught and he knew it came from her scattered memories.

She still didn't remember her true name, her parents, or the people that had attacked them. She didn't entirely even remember the formulae that she had learned. She was just doing what came naturally to her. When her foster father thought it was time for her to go to school, she was sent to Signal. Life there was rough and overwhelming. She had never been too far away from her father, and even sat in the background during his lectures at Beacon. Beyond that, the scarring on her face caused people to avoid her. It had never been an issue at home, so she had kept her bangs short. She soon grew her hair out, always wearing it so that it covered the burns. When it came time for her weapon... she wanted it to be dust based. She couldn't help it. Something inside her told her that she loved Dust. It wasn't just a tool, it was life... it was death. It was who she was. Even though most of the others had impressive weapons, it wasn't what she wanted. She knew what she wanted, she just didn't know how to go about it.

Her weapon took longer to complete than the other students. She knew she couldn't just throw vials and crystals of dust. She forged the metal herself, using dust concoctions that allowed the metal to change its shape without the need of mechanisms. By using a mixture of Water, Energy, and Fire dust, she was able to create a metal that would react to Dust Crystals. It was the most simple, yet most complex weapon that was even more advanced for her own skills. When hearing of it, her father believed it could have been what her parents had been working on... and was killed for.
ImageTeam Position:
N/A
ImageSemblance:
Her semblance seems to be related to dust. She can manipulate it in ways others are unable to, as well as activate it with intended effects, though she hasn't quite discovered it, and wouldn't be able to use it very well.
ImageWeapon:
Amethyst's weapon doesn't look like a weapon at all. It starts off as a large silver bangle on her left wrist, with a slot for a dust crystal. Keeping a case of dust crystals on her that go beyond the base ones, she picks a dust crystal and places it in the bangle. The bangle traces bright colored lines across the entire surface of the bangle, which changes shape, depending on the crystal used. As of right now, it only takes forms when the base crystals are used. She has yet to develop compatible dust crystals that would change it into a weapon.
ImageArmor:
It isn't so much as armor, but her clothes all are made from Dust Cloth, which react to dust usage.
ImageAppearance
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:36 am

Name:
  • Sebastian Copper
Personality:
  • Sebastian is someone bearing the look of constant displeasure on the visible parts of his face - and that is because he mostly is. A perfectionist in the literal sense of the word, he is one that could find fault in everything, apart from himself, of course. Raised such as he was, Sebastian is quick to be displeased by everything from the weather, to someone's way of speaking, and even quicker to voice his displeasure. He does not shy from insults, and is not someone who would hold his tongue. Both arrogant and condescending in equal measures, he has an almost foolish confidence in his own abilities - while failing to display any when it comes to others. Yet, despite the plethora of negative traits, Sebastian is a hard worker, one that conducts whatever he has set in his mind with awe-worthy zeal and determination. Though, that most often is not a good thing...
Bio:
  • Early in his life, Sebastian was left up for adoption at the White Shield orphanage in the city of Atlas. For him at least, life there was more than hard. Though he suffered little discrimination, mostly due to his violent tendencies, he still grew resentful and bitter, channelling his anger towards the other children and his caretakers. He remembered little of his biological parents, however, he did remember them being alive as they dropped him off. With that in mind, he felt envy at the sheer fact that the other children were there because they were orphaned, while he was left because he was deemed unneeded - at least in his own mind. Likewise, as he became older, his competitive spirit, one that drove him to keep proving that he was better than anyone else, lead him to develop an arrogant, condescending attitude.
    At the time, one of Atlas' chancellors, as well as the CEO and founder of SpearTec, one of the leading manufacturers of millitary androids, was in the heat of a political scandal. Namely, it involved his involvement in slave trading, as well as eyebrow-raising stances regarding the Faunus. This man was Huggo Red Copper, one notorious for his shady business deals, and abuse of power.
    However, seeking to calm the storm surrounding the, in his own words "slanderous accusations", as well as to calm some of his business partners, he had decided to adopt a Faunus orphan as a show of his progressive thinking. Once he personally arrived at White Shield, Huggo, followed by a plethora of cameras, came to the selecting process. Sebastian of course, grasped this chance as soon as it appeared, and while some would deem his displayed behaviour brash and, indeed, condescending, Huggo took a liking to the child, who despite constantly holding an inhalator of sorts near his mouth, still have off an aura of superiority. Mayhaps, he saw a bit of himself in the young Faunus.
    Life, although definitely changed, was farm from warm that point onwards. His new step father was, as most would assume, quite absent from his life - even if his life was one of abundance. Even so, Sebastian made sure to make use of the resources at his disposal. Life would, indeed, be quite boring, and the new addition to the Copper family had no intention of rotting away in some mansion. He would request the best of the best combat instructors, ones who would help him harness his energy into something... productive. And so, Sebastian waltzed trough the basic comabt school, and set his sights onto Beacon Academy, aiming to prove that he, indeed, was the best.
Team Position:
  • Vanguard
Semblance:
  • Geomancy: Sebastian is able to manipulate, draw and shape minerals in his vicinity. Likewise, he is, to an extent, able to levitate said materials, and use them as projectile weaponry, although only while using both hands. Even so, the range of which he can hold them airborne is not greater than ten meters, after which they would continue moving by their natural course. Alongside this, Sebastian is also able to sense the mineral components of an object.
Weapon:
  • Heartseeker: A lithe rapier, its blade textured as to resemble cracks one could spy on soil long deprived from water. Yet, even so, it is surprisingly flexible, up to the point where one could safely bend it to an U shape. Optimized for thrusting rather than slashing, the coppery edge narrows to form a stiletto tip. Agile and fatally swift, the weapon itself is used in conjuncture with a parrying dagger, designed in the same manner. Both have notable, blocky basket hilts encircling their pomelless handles. Heartseeker is able to remodule itself into a single-shot muzzleloader rifle, one packing quite a punch.
Armor:
  • One could assume, solely based on appearance, that Sebastian is going to a cocktail party, rather than to battle. Unarmored, he adorns a dark brown shirt, alongside the mandatory silken necktie. It, as well as his belt are matched in their subtle, amber color. His pants, ones most people would see on well-off businessmen hug his legs tightly, and end in perfectly shined dress shoes. The more observant watchers would take note of the golden ornaments that Sebastian likes to display so much, ranging from simple threads, to brooches and pins. Yet, even so, one could never quite see Sebastian without his face covering, one that most resembles a gas mask.
Appearance:
Last edited by Snake Eyes on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It's just the cat Image

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:53 am

A RWBY RP? DO YOU SEE MY PROFILE PICTURE?? CAN I JOIN please???
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 am

of course
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Alright CS will be up some time tomorrow

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:04 pm

I'll also finish mine soon. Trying to construct a decent bio, but general lore seems... scarse?
It's just the cat Image

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Is there anything you need help with specifically? I'm a firm believer in the tradition of "eh, just wing it."

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Nah, I'll manage. It's just that the wiki doesn't seem to be offering much info.
It's just the cat Image

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:33 pm

RWBY is like Attack on Titan in that there are monsters of unknown origin, Grimm, repeatedly assaulting humanity since anyone could ever remember. Three things helped humanity survive as a civilization: Dust, basically a gunpowder/magic crystal/power source, was discovered and used to help combat these creatures, and Aura, a sort of soul-powered body shield that works like a health bar in video games, and Semblances, which are basically superpowers somewhat based on the nature of a person. Additionally, furries exist as a race called the faunus and make up around 10% of the world's population and are hated by racists due to their animalistic features.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:07 am

And don't worry about getting everything accurate. I personally know the premise and a few things, and only seen like... one or two seasons. My story isn't going to be accurate (the whole thing with the Dust Keepers is something I made up. lol don't kill me pls)