[REQ] Austen's Institute (1997) [Open]

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Trandafir

Re: [REQ] Austen's Institute (1997)

Post by Trandafir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 am

MidnightSky wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:19 am
A chance to bring back my little bby Sophia? Exams are just finishing, so I should be able to join, if that's alright?
Same thing I told Tavi, as long as you keep prioritizing the other rp it should be fine >.>

Sophia <3
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Trandafir wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm
Quantum, Jasmine, how are things? I'd like to have at least a WIP up when you can, I'm going to wait on both of your CSs for us to start
*ahem*

Octavia_Greyye

Post by Octavia_Greyye » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:50 pm

👀
I want Steve Harrington to be my mom???

MidnightSky

Post by MidnightSky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 am

Name: Sophia King
Time in the Institute: about a year (but she claims it's been a lot more than that)

Abilities: Physical initiative. Sophia can learn through physical contact with her environment. This works with any physical contact and nearly any object or thing around her. This allows her to instantly know more about what she is touching, for example, where the wood in a shelf comes from or what metals are in a piece of steel. With objects that she is very familiar with, she can check them for certain things, or pull out the information that she needs. However, new objects or things' properties can not be filtered yet so she picks up all of their properties. Objects that are created through supernatural means cannot have their properties detected.

Her power works the same way for living things, but because of how complex they are, what she can pick up is very limited. Through contact, she can determine emotions, and their causes if the target allows her to. If her target makes a conscious mental link between an emotion and a memory or thought, then she may pick this up too, giving her others a way to soundlessly communicate with her. She does not keep this information for long, and forgets most of it during the brain's organisation during sleep.

weaknesses: Sophia's mind is very easily pushed into a sensory overload. If she tries to take in too much information at once, like many objects for example, then her brain will not be able to cope. This may lead to anything from hiding in a corner, panic, fainting or what seems to have the symptoms of physical torture.

To avoid this, Sophia has been taught to be careful and to know exactly where her entire body is at all times, leading to good motor control and hand eye coordination. She tries to cover up, as her power will also not work through material, which would instead be picked up. She also usually wears the same materials so that no new information will catch her off guard.

Personality: Sophia is known by most as a sweetheart. A social butterfly at heart, she will seek out new people to talk to, but will always return to her friends. She is fiercely loyal, and will always defend those that she likes, but cannot do much to help due to her age and size. Sophia also gravitates more towards authority figures than her own age group, finding comfort in being a follower.

Bio: Sophia and her parents moved into a new house when she was nearly 4, and had never had so many new things to explore. She had ran around the house to check out each room, running her hand along the wall as she did so. Her parents started to suspect that their daughter may not have been entirely normal when, after shouting the ingredients in the type of paint on their walls, their little girl collapsed. When no doctor could find anything wrong with the child, and as Sophia's seemingly random outbursts increased in number, her parents tried the last option that they felt that they had: Austen's institute. Her parents gave her a small potted plant to look after as a goodbye, promising that when she grows up, she will be able to come home.

Appearance: Image

Extra: Sophia usually wears a pink tutu over leggings, a simple top and pink princess gloves.
Last edited by MidnightSky on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quem roubou o meu milho?"

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:05 pm

I think the fact that she's six and a quarter, added to the weaknessess balanced her skill pretty well. Maybe when she grows up and learns more about what she can do it'll be overpowered, but right where it's at it's great! Very creative btw

As long as you keep the limitations in mind in rp it should be fine. If anything, I'll point it out then

Waiting for the appearance to accept her ~

MidnightSky

Post by MidnightSky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank you! I figured that I'd just need to check with you or the others before she does some things, just to let to make sure that it's okay. I've found a picture that I like so I think I'm done, unless there's anything else you want me to add?
"Quem roubou o meu milho?"

Octavia_Greyye

Post by Octavia_Greyye » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 pm

She’s the cutest thing oh my lord
I want Steve Harrington to be my mom???

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 pm
She’s the cutest thing oh my lord
That ^

And yeah she's accepted ♡

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:27 pm

QuantumAxis wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:07 am
I'm just about finished with my CS. But all I need to find is a picture for the appearance.
How's the image hunting going? Need any help?

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Okay so, I'm going to be starting this probably this weekend or on monday. I'll keep the request open, so if you want to be in for the begining of the rp get it up until then, if not then you can join a bit later, is fine