(CS) End Of Times

Atreus

Re: (CS) End Of Times

Post by Atreus » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:32 pm

4-5 to start others can join anytime
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

BaByDoLL

Post by BaByDoLL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Name: Kim-Lý Vương
(Pronounced: Kim-Lee VWon-g)

Race/Nationality: Vietnamese-American

Personality: Incredibly Defensive, Stubborn, Pessimistic, Complicated, Sarcastic.

Kim-Ly had to grow up fast after the outbreak left her entire immediate family(parents) wiped out. On the surface it might appear as if she hasn’t quite shed the immature, privileged, and snobby attitude she had before the outbreak, but in all reality she has - she’s markedly more mature, humbled, and appreciative - however she uses her former attitude and smart mouth as a defensive mechanism - not wanting to get close to anyone out of fear of simply losing them, or them not liking the real her.

That being said, if someone is to put in the effort to break down her defensive walls, they’d see a scared and hurt girl that lost her childhood, is terrified of the future, and desperate for a true friendship/companionship.

(Side note, Bao’s personality is incredibly personable, loving, funny, and sweet. Bao has a knack for shutting down Kim-Ly’s attitude and shredding her walls on the spot, without even knowing he’s doing so. <3)

Weapons:
Defiant Compound Hunting Bow
Carbon Arrows (She started with 20 at the start of the outbreak and has managed to recyle/hold-on to 17.
Kyusho Jitsu (Also known as Pressure-Point Fighting. Kim-Ly is small and physically weak, but as a child her father taught her Kyusho Jitsu. She didn’t take his lessons seriously at the time and stopped practicing years before the outbreak. However, since the outbreak she has gotten out of a few rough situations by using what Kyusho Jitsu she remembers.)
- Random Daggers and Knives she has collected over the years, and keeps hidden in her boots, pocket, and/or bags.

Skills:
- Fluent in English, Vietnamese, and Spanish.
- Partially Fluent in Korean, Japanese.
- Artistic (Drawing, Dance, & Guitar)
- Kyusho Jitsu Practitioner
- Using Her Hunting Bow

Weaknesses:
- Physically Weak
- Irrational/Impulsive
- Weak Stomach
- Depression
- Nightmares (Kim-Ly is haunted not only by guilt over her parents death, she's haunted by the image of them dying in front of her...and can often be heard whimpering/crying in her sleep.)

Bio:

Kim-Ly was the daughter of immigrants, a first generation American…who took her luck and family’s wealth for granted.
Her parents gave her everything she could ever want because they grew up poor, and once they were wealthy enough to provide their only child with everything she could ever wanted - they did. For the majority of her younger years Kim-Ly respected her parents and was the top student in her class, however, once she entered the 8th grade things went down hill. She no longer wanted to be bullied, she wanted to be liked - at any cost. No longer wanting to be considered a nerd she stoppped doing well in class, she talked her parents into getting her contacts, and started changing out of the highly conservative attire her parents bought her into tight, revealing, clothing every morning, behind the school.

It wasn’t long at all before she got the attention she wanted, and ended up stealing the lead QB away from his long-time girlfriend, head of the cheer squad…….and one of her former bullies.
Desperate to keep a hold of him, and her new found popularity, Kim-Ly started sleeping with her new BF whenever he wanted to, doing whatever he wanted her to do, skipping school, drinking, and smoking pot.
She attempted to hide things from her parents at first but eventually, after they found out, she started rubbing her bad behavior in their faces instead, out of frustration and shame.

At the age of 14 1/2 Kim-Ly’s BF would get her pregnant, and all the popularity she found, and attention she garnered from her BF would evaporate. He’d dump her as soon as she refused to get an abortion, got back with his old GF, and both proceeded to torment her.

The teasing, and threats to her baby’s life(made by her Ex, who didn’t want to be a father), were too much for her to handle and she eventually stopped going to school.

While pregnant Kim-Ly got her GED via home-schooling in an effort to stave off the Truency officer, however once she had her baby at 15 she rebelled against the idea of being a young mother, and partied more than she parented her son - Bao.

A few weeks before Bao’s first birthday is when the outbreak began……Kim-Ly had been living with her latest boyfriend in his parents home for a few months, but when the chaos began she instantly wanted to return home to her parents, her child.
Once reaching her family house she reunited with her parents and Bao, but there reunion would be short…..for within the first 48 hours her parents would be turned, and Kim-Ly would barely escape with her and her child’s life.

For the past several years, after the outbreak, Kim-Ly has been tormented by how she treated her parents, how she neglected Bao, and how she never got to apologize to her parents. If it wasn’t for Bao she would have killed herself, but instead of giving up she decided to survive and fight for Bao’s right to grow up - as a way to pay respect to her parents and all the struggles they went through to insure she had the best opportunity in a country like America.

Appearance:

- 5’9
- 110lbs
- Brown hair, the reaches to the bottom of her back.

Miscellaneous:

- Bao is 5 going on 6:

- Kim-Ly and Bao found a litter of White German Shepherd puppies a couple years after the outbreak. There were four, but sadly two of them died. However, the other two - both females - survived and have been travel companions of Kim-Ly and Bao for the past 4 years.
Both dogs are off leash most of the time, well trained, and smart. Their names are Lola & LuLu, with Lola having a red collar and LuLu having a lime green collar.

To give you an idea of their size, they're both around 100-110lbs and when on all fours reach almost as high as the middle of the average person's thigh. So they're big dogs xD

I won't mind other people controlling Lola and LuLu somewhat - like deciding weather they jump on you when you greet them, wake you up by licking your face, steal a small scap of food from your plate to no-harm, or other small things like that. But please leave anything serious or consequential , like them barking, getting hurt, and being lost - up to me.

Last edited by BaByDoLL on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo, 한국말 해??? 아니요?? Then stfu... you culture leeches.한국덕후.>__>

ImageImageImage
Why aren't there any nice people you ask?
Here's Why.
Stop wanting something you don't respect or even notice.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm

accepted ^-^
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

BaByDoLL

Post by BaByDoLL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Yay!! Thanks <3

Question! Did you plan on starting the RP with everyone already together or could some of us find the settlement in our first post? xD

ImageImageImage
Here's Why.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:09 pm

everyone can start where they want my character will probably start off alone or have at least one person with her to start off

Balthazer0

Post by Balthazer0 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 am

Is this staged in the US? I imagine it being hard to get together when we're overseas :') Also, do we know where the settlement's located?

Balthazer0

Post by Balthazer0 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 am

hyronis wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:09 pm
everyone can start where they want my character will probably start off alone or have at least one person with her to start off
Also, yey we're five!

BaByDoLL

Post by BaByDoLL » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:34 am

Balthazer0 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 am
Is this staged in the US? I imagine it being hard to get together when we're overseas :') Also, do we know where the settlement's located?

Oooo yea, good question :O I don't remember seeing a location, I just auto-assumed USA lolol

ImageImageImage
Here's Why.

Balthazer0

Post by Balthazer0 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:52 am

BaByDoLL wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:34 am
Balthazer0 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 am

Oooo yea, good question :O I don't remember seeing a location, I just auto-assumed USA lolol
I was originally from Moscow :o Can't wait to start! I would love to meet Bao ;)

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm

yeah we probably will be im the us

what doesnt kill me better start running