Hullo.

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Lord of Nothing

Hullo.

Post by Lord of Nothing » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 am

New here. Not new to RPG or to writing however. Yet, I still feel pretty new here.

I hail from the once great land of comicvine, as many others recently, where I am known simply as "Maverick_6." Like most sites, I tend to like to start fresh with something new, so the characters I make here are probably gonna be specific to this site. That said, I'm kind of prowling/scoping this site but I thought it would be good to introduce myself.

I've been at it since I was roughly in eighth grade with one on one. Mostly over the phone. I'm in the military, specifically the Navy, so I can be quite busy at times. I generally like a lot of different kinds of stories. I'm 22 years old. I live in Hawaii, so expect me to be 5-6 hours behind the east coast throughout the year.

I look forward to reading you guy's stuff :)
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond

Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful

Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned

Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist

Mera The Merciless, A Once God of War

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Hullo.

Post by Annasiel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:41 am

Welcome to RPF! I'm Annasiel, the site admin.

You can find a link to the rules here: http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4191

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask me or another member of staff!

I have to ask, has anything in particular happened at Comic Vine that caused everyone to move recently?
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:02 am

Welcome to our wonderful land, O great Lord of Nothing! I am Shinigami, your humble Community Mod. ^_^

In all seriousness, I'm actually wondering the same thing as Annasiel. O_o
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Annasiel wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:41 am

You can find a link to the rules here: http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4191

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask me or another member of staff!

I have to ask, has anything in particular happened at Comic Vine that caused everyone to move recently?
I know Illirica already mentioned the OC clutter to you and that played a big role in the final push. Unfortunately the build up to that was caused in large part by a division between people who considered themselves "veterans" and people who they called "new writers" which is to say, anyone who hadn't been there for close to a decade. They spent a lot of time talking about "the old days" and eventually it reached a point where it was frankly toxic. In the end i made my decision to leave when it became clear the mods would accept any behavior from their fellow "veterans" and would use their power to actively persecute those they merely disagreed with. I had posted a thread asking the mods to clean up the OC threads so we could actually find the active rp threads and it was deleted without comment. I asked again and it was deleted and I was given a warning. I'm here to put that all in the past. CV was a good place for three or four years for me. I'm looking forward to the future now.

Everyone here came here by making a similar decision on their own accord. Some of them are still on CV as well.

Kaija21

Post by Kaija21 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Lord of Nothing wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 am
We meet again...
~Sincerely Kaija

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:08 am

Annasiel wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:41 am

Thank you! I was actually wondering on what you profanity policy was. I tend to do it a lot ICly. I don't see it mentioned but I feel it is good to generally ask.

Long story short, a lot of drama between modstaff/their friends and the rest of the userbase.A lot of details and differing perspectives on how things on a forum should fundamentally go. Comicvine isn't oriented towards RP, so it's easy for differing perspectives to clash when it was very difficult to ignore the other.

Now there is an entire forum to rove! With seemingly less caustic and more invested mods.
Shinigami wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:02 am
Welcome to our wonderful land, O great Lord of Nothing! I am Shinigami, your humble Community Mod. ^_^

In all seriousness, I'm actually wondering the same thing as Annasiel. O_o
You humble me :)

Above is my explanation. Luna gave her piece above. Had a falling out with the moderators so some people left. I'm still there but I've begun spreading my wings, so to speak.
Kaija21 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:33 pm
Lord of Nothing wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 am
We meet again...
I have been waiting.
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond

Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful

Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned

Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist

Mera The Merciless, A Once God of War

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:44 am

Whoops, missed that question! Profanity is fine, cuss like a sailor.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end