New Here :)

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

KarunaMaitri

New Here :)

Post by KarunaMaitri » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Karuna and I cannot believe I found this forum. It's been nearly a decade since I've been involved in a text-based rp and I'm pretty excited to be here.

Truth be told, life has gone from 5-100 when it comes to stress and craziness and I'm trying to find a healthy outlet. Years ago, this proved to be a good alternative to unhealthy coping mechanisms so I'm hoping this will still be true this time around.

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure where to begin or where to start, but I am genuinely glad to be here. Looking forward to becoming acquainted with this lovely community. And it makes me happy to see this method of role-playing still lives!

Oh, also, here are some fair details about me. I'm 27 and Female. I live in the South East US. I've finished my undergrad and am currently dabbling with the idea of a Master's (still undecided) and I miss writing and reading for fun. :cry:

Shinigami

Re: New Here :)

Post by Shinigami » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forums, Karuna! I'm Shinigami, the friendly neighborhood god of death. :3

Since the administrative staff hasn't gotten to you yet, I'll take the honors. First off, if you haven't yet read the rules, now would be a good time to do so. Secondly, please enjoy your time here on the forum. The community is nice, the games are fun, and we have all the wonderfully immersive text you could ever want to read! :)

If you're looking for a place to reacquaint yourself with the wonderful world of text-based roleplay, the Casual section is a great place to start. I recommend the Open Range in particular, because the rules are much less restricting there. I hope to see you around! :D
Annasiel wrote: Bacon and sushi. I demand bacon and sushi.

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Welcome to RPF! I'm Annasiel, the admin of the site. If you have any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to address them!

(Dagnibbitz, Sinagami, I was just about to reply. >->)
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Annasiel wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:43 pm
Welcome to RPF! I'm Annasiel, the admin of the site. If you have any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to address them!

(Dagnibbitz, Sinagami, I was just about to reply. >->)
Smarter, better, faster, stronger. :twisted:

Seriously, though. Makes it a bit easier having some help, at least. :3
Annasiel wrote: Bacon and sushi. I demand bacon and sushi.

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Go get your masters, fellow school enthusiast ;0

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:12 am

Welcome! You said hi to me, I shall return the favour. Good luck with your masters :)
Please join my roleplays I need recognition.

KarunaMaitri

Post by KarunaMaitri » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks everyone! You all are so welcoming. I can already tell this place is going to be awesome.

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 pm

aaaaa I'm late for the welcoming wagon!

Welcome, new person! I wish you like it here, and that the forum works as a glorious distraction from your very stressful life. I know it works for me lol
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard