Hello

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Defective

Hello

Post by Defective » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 am

Hello, my name is Defective. I am 25 years old. I am semi new to this whole things. Although i have been reading roleplays for awhile, I have never actually participated in one. I hope to change that shortly with these forums. I get the general idea of text-based roleplays, but i lack any experience at all, so a "practice" roleplay would be nice if those existed somewhere lol. When not reading, you can find me binge watching anime, or playing OSRS.

I enjoy the following categories of books so maybe these would be my best categories to participate in. ~
Fantasy
Medieval
Space
Apocalyptic Worlds (fallout / zombies)

I am not entirely sure when i will jump into a roleplay, but i will be here reading the awesome work you guys produce. Feel free to add me on discord if anyone wants to chat if i am not available here. Defective#5415
"I will kill thee a hundred and fifty ways."
- Shakespeare

Reyn
Community Mod

Re: Hello

Post by Reyn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 pm

Heya, @Defective, welcome to the site! We do have an official Discord server, feel free to join in there if you want!

Here are the obligatory links to the Rules and the FAQ thread. Make sure you know what the rules are- don't be afraid to ask if anything needs clarifying.

If you want to join or start an RP, then you should head to any of the Requests sections- that's where people make threads to recruit people for RPs. Have a look around and see if there's anything that catches your eye! There are three different sections for RPs and Requests: Casual (laid-back, shorter posts), Intermediate (slightly longer posts), and Advanced (very long posts and sometimes slower progress).

There's also Superhero Sandbox, which is a more open type of RP where you submit a character and join various threads within the section, and Open Range, where people can drop in and out of RPs without having to get a character approved by the OP. The Sandbox mod, Illirica, is the best person to ask if you have any questions regarding Superhero Sandbox.

Finally, if you want to get involved with the community outside of RPs, then check out the Off Topic section or join the aforementioned Discord.

If you want beginner-friendly RPs, the Casual section is pretty laid-back and I'm sure if you ask there will be some people there willing to show you the ropes. Start off in the Casual Requests section and look for any RPs that are active and open- if you're not sure whether something is still recruiting, just ask in the thread. They usually have a CS (Character Sheet) template within the first couple of posts- copy that into a new post and fill in the details about your character. Post that in the request thread and wait for it to be accepted by the original poster. Actual RPing takes place in a separate thread from the Request, in the Casual (or whatever section) RPs subforum.

I recommend having a look around at different threads in Requests and RPs so you get an idea of how people usually post with these things. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them!

Defective

Post by Defective » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:10 am

Reyn wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 pm
Heya, @Defective, welcome to the site! We do have an official Discord server, feel free to join in there if you want!

Here are the obligatory links to the Rules and the FAQ thread. Make sure you know what the rules are- don't be afraid to ask if anything needs clarifying.

If you want to join or start an RP, then you should head to any of the Requests sections- that's where people make threads to recruit people for RPs. Have a look around and see if there's anything that catches your eye! There are three different sections for RPs and Requests: Casual (laid-back, shorter posts), Intermediate (slightly longer posts), and Advanced (very long posts and sometimes slower progress).

There's also Superhero Sandbox, which is a more open type of RP where you submit a character and join various threads within the section, and Open Range, where people can drop in and out of RPs without having to get a character approved by the OP. The Sandbox mod, Illirica, is the best person to ask if you have any questions regarding Superhero Sandbox.

Finally, if you want to get involved with the community outside of RPs, then check out the Off Topic section or join the aforementioned Discord.

If you want beginner-friendly RPs, the Casual section is pretty laid-back and I'm sure if you ask there will be some people there willing to show you the ropes. Start off in the Casual Requests section and look for any RPs that are active and open- if you're not sure whether something is still recruiting, just ask in the thread. They usually have a CS (Character Sheet) template within the first couple of posts- copy that into a new post and fill in the details about your character. Post that in the request thread and wait for it to be accepted by the original poster. Actual RPing takes place in a separate thread from the Request, in the Casual (or whatever section) RPs subforum.

I recommend having a look around at different threads in Requests and RPs so you get an idea of how people usually post with these things. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them!
Thank you. I'll be sure to check the discord out! That's usually where i always am anyway haha.
"I will kill thee a hundred and fifty ways."
- Shakespeare

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Hello! Reyn already gave you all the info, I see, which is awesome. I’m just here to welcome you. Let me know if there’s anything I can help with!
Capacitor
The God-Damned Lightning
Astra
A Manufactured Deity
Prism
Like, Totally Brilliant?
Eternal Flame
Pax City's Phoenix