New here

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Prisma

New here

Post by Prisma » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:02 am

I'm new here. I've been looking for places to roleplay for a while and I have since looked back into getting into forum roleplaying with different people. I am eager to roleplay and get back to doing what I like doing.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: New here

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi, there! Welcome to RPF! I'm glad you've found us, it's always nice to see a new person. We'd love to have you get involved here. I'll give you the Basic Info Kit, and I'm here to help with any questions you might come up with as well.

To start off, I'll give you the obligatory link to our rules and FAQs. Check them out when you can and feel free to ask for clarification if you need it.

If you're looking to join or start an RP, try looking in one of the "Requests" sections - there's one for casual (basic, easygoing RP), one for intermediate (a bit more effort required) and one for advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but much slower). Any of the recent "REQ" threads in those sections are good places to get started - just take a look and see if you can find something that appeals to you. There's a huge variety of RPs on this site, and you're more than welcome to create one of your own as well.

There are also two other areas - Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe, and a post-apocalyptic area which is just starting up. For each of those sections, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. It's up to you which style of RPing is more appealing to you, and of course you're welcome to try both - plenty of us hang out in multiple areas.

I mod over at the Superhero Sandbox, and I promise we're not scary people in there even if we may appear that way. I also hang out all over the place, so I'm happy to answer any questions I can. Feel free to hit me with any inquiries and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with, and enjoy your stay!

Prisma

Post by Prisma » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:39 pm

I don't mind going more in depth to a paragraph or 2, though my main concern with this place is how slow and inactive it seems. Thank you for the information, by the way.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:50 pm

You might try more like intermediate - it's a lot faster than advanced, and there's no rule that says you can't write more than a paragraph or two. Some things are much faster than others on the site as well, there are places where posts come a lot more quickly if that's what you're looking for. What sort of posting pace is your ideal? I might be able to make a recommendation based on that and the type of RP you're interested in.

Prisma

Post by Prisma » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm

I like posting every half hour to every few hours, though faster is always nice. In order for me to roleplay with people, they must be literate and I am not interested in anime or furry RP at all.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Try some of the casual/open range stuff, maybe. Some of those go as quickly as that. Most Sandbox RPs are about once a day, depending on who's online at what time, and intermediate varies widely. Advanced tends to be more like you post once every week or two, so that's probably not going to be to your liking.