Hi! Hello! Hola!

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
PenParkour

Hi! Hello! Hola!

Post by PenParkour » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:57 am

Sup, everyone. PenParkour here because I just want to roleplay, have fun, and make some amazing stories with others.

Just here for the Superhero Sandbox, although that Azuria thread looks interesting. Might take a stab at it.

Tips on anything RP-related would be appreciated. Don't know much about the lore and such.

Read the FAQs and rules, so I'm covered there. I'm not a complete noobie, but this is my first time on the site. However, I think you all can tell by my profile pic what kind of character I'm going for but I plan on creating a full cast of characters to play around with.

So, yeah. That about covers my introduction, I think.
The pen is mightier than the sword.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Re: Hi! Hello! Hola!

Post by Shinigami » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:06 am

Welcome to RPF, Pen! I'm Shinigami, the Community mod. ^_^

If you want to know the lore regarding the superhero sandbox, the best I can tell you to do is lurk it or ask another player in their OOC. I've been meaning to visit and make a character there, but haven't gotten around to it. As for Azuria, there's a thread in the OOC with all the basic lore. Any player-created lore can be found by simply asking a member in the OOC, but all forms of magic are to be street tier unless you get permission from the admin. For future reference, if you want to create a guard character, ask me. I own the city guard in that section. >:3
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

PenParkour

Post by PenParkour » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Shinigami wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:06 am
Welcome to RPF, Pen! I'm Shinigami, the Community mod. ^_^

If you want to know the lore regarding the superhero sandbox, the best I can tell you to do is lurk it or ask another player in their OOC. I've been meaning to visit and make a character there, but haven't gotten around to it. As for Azuria, there's a thread in the OOC with all the basic lore. Any player-created lore can be found by simply asking a member in the OOC, but all forms of magic are to be street tier unless you get permission from the admin. For future reference, if you want to create a guard character, ask me. I own the city guard in that section. >:3

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Quick question: Street tier magic is like you can throw a small fireball or something like that, but you can't just cast GIGANTIC FIREBALL SPELL that can level an entire street or city? Something to that effect? Just trying to grasp this forum's definition of street-tier.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Tiers vary pretty wildly between areas and individual RPs. As far as Azuria, I would say that yes, fireball spell is okay but GIGANTIC FIREBALL is a no. If you're busting up the whole street, then that's too high tier. Buildings in the "damage but don't destroy" category, or something like. I tend to err on the side of less power, because it's easier to build more power by your character "learning" things rather than get stuck with retconning stuff.

And I see you're interested in Sandbox - you're more than welcome to join us there, tiers are all over the place, some events have certain tier restrictions, others are totally open, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll be happy to answer them as best as I can. It can be a little daunting at first, but it's a fun place and you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 am

I think Illirica covered that pretty well. Street tier is the lowest grade, just above parlor tricks. Small fireballs, transformation, healing spells, illusions (not on a mass scale), shields/force fields (can be strong, but must be breakable and/or temporary), summoning or creating weapons. Stuff like that.

In Azuria, magic is rare and often considered scary. Of course, mythical creatures such as goblins, ghosts, dwarves, fairies, etc. are fairly common. So, you get plenty of creative choices.
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

PenParkour

Post by PenParkour » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 pm

illirica wrote:.

Thanks for the info and the warm welcome! I won't hesitate to ask any questions!

Shinigami wrote:.

Neat. Definitely gives me some ideas to think about.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Hello, welcome to RPF~
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end