The Rotten Hub

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Aqua
Bronze

The Rotten Hub

Post by Aqua » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:08 am

Just plug and play.
Keep to the theme of the RP.

The Rotten Hub is the name of a massive walmart that was stripped clean. All of its supplies and the like have been put into its storage/shipping rooms and the main floors have been modified, and turned into a city of sorts. Ramshackle shacks and sleeping bags scattered about, a marketplace where people sell their goods.

Earth is nearly uninhabitable at this point. The Sun had a massive solar flare that burned cities off the face of the earth, and now if you go outside during the day, the sun's radiation will vaporize you.

During the night time people go out to scavenge, to find old pieces of tech and weapons that they can sell for profit from their various communities. Most people live in bunkers or caves, while few stick to the hub buildings like The Rotten Hub.

But during the night is when the Runners come out to play. All of the humans that survived the initial solar flare were split into two groups- Normal Humans, and Runners. Runners are mutated humans that share a striking similarity to Zombies from movies and games. The only difference is that Runners are highly intelligent just like humans and can climb and open doors. The only reason they don't attack communities at night is because they are unable to use weapons for some reason.

What will you do? Will you become a rich merchant within the hub, or fall victim to a Runner? Perhaps became a valuable scavenger or even a great warrior. Only time will tell.

Welcome to the Hub.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Aqua
Bronze

Re: The Rotten Hub

Post by Aqua » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:12 am

Jason was doing his daily duties as Leader of the Hub. Checking on the merchants, making sure taxes were going through, checking on the quarantine unit and the wounded individuals...Everything necessary to run a community.

It was sunset, so soon it would be time for others to go out and do their scavenging...Just another average day in the Hub.

Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 am

Phoebe sat cross-legged on the floor, pieces of her disassembled Winchester '87 scattered on the floor around her. It was an antique, though that didn't mean much in these days - a gun was a gun, only as important as it was useful. Still, the girl treated the shotgun with an almost holy reverence, polishing each piece of the lever mechanism before delicately fitting it back into place. 12 gauge shells had been hard to come by lately. She still had a sizable amount rattling free in her tote, but she liked to be careful. Tonight, she would have to make every shot count. Better yet - avoid danger entirely, something she often vehemently resisted.

Sighing, she rose to her feet, dusting off her skirt and grabbing a machete off the nearby table. Time to get moving. She clipped the gun into a sling, swung it over her shoulder, and headed out into the common area to wait for the rest of the night's scavenging party.

Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

BluePantsDude

Post by BluePantsDude » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:33 am

Ray was in the basement. Looking over his gear one last time before going outside. For him the most important piece of equipment was his watch or his AS VAL, which would never betray him. Unlike a person. The last person he went outside with, robbbed him when he turned his back. He knew that not everyone was like that but he always chose to go alone.
Last edited by BluePantsDude on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I saw a cat get murdered in the street and I got an erection"-Filthy Frank.
"Use the force Harry!"-Gandalf.

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:10 am

IMG_3800.PNG
IMG_3800.PNG (85.11 KiB) Viewed 410 times
Nicky greens is her name and she is a very smart engineer able to fix and repare weapons cars bikes can build her own from scratch if she wishes she is good in a forge which she has a small one that she works on making small weapons and tools to help make life easier in the rotten hub and make looting easier and in return they get a bunch of scrap for her to be able to build and make new things for in the hub that she eather wants to build or needs to to help the hub. She's also skilled at glass working and many other useful things she's also a great shot and word from the wise and the stuped that became wise. Don't mess with her workshop.

Nicky was at her shop making a type of shovel that also worked as a grabber and a nice and easy weapon if needed.
When life gives you lemons make orange juice... cause fuck the world. XD

BluePantsDude

Post by BluePantsDude » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:39 am

The sun was almost completely down. People were crowding up at the enterances, eager to leave and come back with as much loot as possible. Leaving early meant having more time to scavenge, but others felt safer leaving a little later after all the others have left.
(OOC:Was the name Hub inspired by the Hub in Fallout 1?)

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:43 am

Crowds bustled by the door, but Phoebe hung to the back. A week hadn't been nearly long enough to learn familiar faces, so every night the groups gathered, she felt uncomfortable placing herself among them. True, she lived here too now, but it wasn't like she knew them, it wasn't like she cared for them -- and they doubtless didn't care for her either.

A man in tactical wear seemed to be distancing himself from the crowd as well. Maybe he was another newcomer, acting the outsider? Or maybe she was entirely off-base with her assumption. Whichever the case, she'd noticed him a couple times, but never taken the chance to speak.

Well, there's a first time for everything.

"Hey," she muttered. She was a little nervous, and it showed. "you new too? Or just hate crowds?"
BluePantsDude wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:39 am
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

BluePantsDude

Post by BluePantsDude » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:35 am

"No", the man said,"I have been here for a while, but I don't have a good experience with people around here, when you take someone with you there is a chance that greed might get the best of them. You really have to trust someone to take them with you. If you ask me it is more efficient to go out alone. That way you are more mobile and runners can't see you easily and out there if a runner sees you chances of survival are almost non-existent, because runners are never alone. If you see one, there are probably 3 or more of them around." After a short pause the man asked, "So, have you ever been out scavenging before?"

odog811

Post by odog811 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:51 am

Jax chewed at his arm as he waited for the scavengers to thin out, the runner was growing impatient until the last scavenger from the group was alone, he then crawled on all fours towards the scavenger, trying to stay low to the ground before jumping him and ripping out the scavenger's throat with jaws before dragging him into a deep den-like structure, leaving a crimson trail behind him.

BluePantsDude

Post by BluePantsDude » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Ray has already left. He was planning to do something that is very rarely done. He was going to stay outside for a day and two nights. It was going to take a day and a night to return to the Rotten Hub as well. This was to go further, in places where people rarely visit, so he could get as much as he could. He wouldn't normally do this, but at the moment he was in a great financial trouble. He had everything planned out, especially where to stay for the day. It was a small building with a large basement, which would make a perfect base.