The Opal Shrine

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Kurusu

Re: The Opal Shrine

Post by Kurusu » Sat May 12, 2018 2:50 am

"Oooh! It's fully furnished!" Vermil hop about excitedly as she looked around the kitchen. There's even some spices she had never seen before too, and that made her very excited to try them out.

Meanwhile, Cerule looked very confused. "Are they all... Opal? Even the logs for the flame..."
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sat May 12, 2018 3:30 am

Kali laughed lightly, nodding. "Mhm... All opal... the original saplings of the trees, the plants, and the opal all came from my home world... It's all we really used... and it's got many different uses." She smiled lightly.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sat May 12, 2018 7:08 am

The woman reaches the shrine and steps inside, doing a 360 to look at the magnificent designs of the interior. Hearing voices she freezes for a second, before slowly sneaking towards where the voices are coming from. She keeps her distance, just observing the three occupants of the room.
Crash course on my IP
I'm not crazy, just slightly insane

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sun May 13, 2018 5:21 am

"I wonder if this rock salt is also Opal." Vermil shook one of the clear Opal container containing a peculiar looking crystals, which she assumed to be salt. It was placed next to the grounded black pepper in the kitchen after all.

Cerule placed his backpack on one of the table nearby, and pulled out a large leather game bag. From the bag, was a fresh meat that was expertly cleaned and preserved. Cerule whipped out his hunting knife, and started making cuts from the meat into a manageable chunks. His sister joined him to help as well, with some of the spice that she was interested in her hands.

"..."

"Cerule, you okay?"

"It's nothing sister."

Cerule took note of the women who was sneaking on them, but decided to keep quiet about it. She was probably without any malicious intent, and was on guard just as he did. May as well wait it out and see how things play out.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun May 13, 2018 5:32 am

Kali was completely clueless about the newcomer as she leaned in and stared at the meat that Cerule pulled out. She tilted her head a little, staring at it curiously. "What is that...?" She had never seen actual meat before. the extent was fish that a friend of hers always ate.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sun May 13, 2018 6:00 am

As the woman saw what Vermil and Cerule were cooking she began to realise just how hungry she was, she hadn't eaten since yesterday. However she didn't want to be seen; over the time she had been travelling she had grown a distinct distrust for other people. When Cerule glanced over and saw her she shied away quickly and muttered "please don't have seen me" under her breath.
Crash course on my IP

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sun May 13, 2018 6:34 am

"We hunted a deer earlier today. It was a lucky break, we've been chewing on dried jerky and bland biscuits for a while." Cerule explained absentmindedly as he stripped layers of excess fat off the meat, leaving just enough to keep the deer steak tasty. "Let's dig into some of the more tender cuts while the meat are still nice and fresh shall we?" He said to Vermil and Kali, in which Vermil nodded enthusiastically.

"So, who are you Kali? Why do you own such a strange place?" Vermil asked innocently, until she realized she may have worded her question rudely. "Oh! Don't get me wrong, this place is beautiful! It's just... um... yeah... hehe!"

Cerule only snorted and grinned in response.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun May 13, 2018 6:49 am

"What's a deer?" she questioned, then looked towards Vermil, smiling a little. "Well..." She stood up fully, her arms behind her back a little. "a very long time ago... my people were wiped out, leaving my brother and I as the last of our kind... my brother had gone missing, and I was in the hands of enemies for awhile... but I managed to escape when I was ten.. and came across this place... but when I got here, the place was empty... I built the shrine and everything myself... and I planted a few trees which soon covered everywhere the shrine and the clearing wasn't. It's my home... I have nowhere else to go..."

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Mon May 14, 2018 4:29 am

"Oh... I'm... sorry." Vermil's smile disappeared from her face, and was replaced with an internally panicked bad poker face. She realized she had just stepped on a really heavy subject. What would Cerule say? Ah, right, he'd sympathize... and bring up the mood. Food. Yes food. Food lift any spirit.

"I had no idea... well, home is where the heart is right? We'll make some really homey food for you tonight." She smiled as best as she could, hoping that it would lift Kali's spirit up too.

Cerule smiled in relief. He had no idea what he was going to say at the sudden bombshell Kali dropped. You go Vermil! You were always good at cheering people up.

"So um, a deer is a mammal commonly found in the wild. They provide a large amount of meat for the trouble of hunting them, so it's always great news for those who lives off the land like us. Vermil, can you show her the drawing in our journal?" Cerule explained, as Vermil pulled out a small booklet and flipped to a page with a crude sketch of a deer and showed it to Kali.

"The antler can fetch a great price, the tender cuts in front of me taste great, the tougher part can be smoked, salted, and dried for a long preservation, or stewed into a filling soup. Their hides are really useful too." Cerule babbled on, until he finished cutting portion of steak for four people.

"Wanna cook or cure?" Cerule asked.

In which Vermil replied, "cook!"

Putting the raw meat on a plate, Vermil asked Kali, "do you have a grill or a pan?"

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Mon May 14, 2018 4:42 am

The woman weighed up her options. She didn't know these people or if they could be trusted, nor did she really want to deal with the questions that for anyone but her would be simple; but of course she would find really difficult and awkward to answer. However she was really hungry, and deer sounded really good right now. After a few moments of careful consideration she came out of hiding and nervously approached. "u-um, hi?"
Crash course on my IP