[INN]Lyris: (Quest)Animated Novelties

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

[INN]Lyris: (Quest)Animated Novelties

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:22 am

Brandon is standing a few feet away from the Inn, looking anxiously out at the forest. There's a great danger out here, and the sooner they got moving the better. The sky was a bright red, not because of the sunset. This was the natural color of Lyris's wilds. The trees are all blood red, the wildlife is vividly colored, and there are monsters lurking at every corner. When everyone is out there with him, he starts to explain the task at hand.
"Alright everyone, there's a certain quantity of a certain item out in these woods that I need. It's a pink plant, looks vaguely like a sporange, not to be confused with an orange, which oh so conveniently rhymes with it. I call it demon's fern, but it goes by plenty of other names. These golems will start glowing when you get close. The material should be within a one hundred foot radius. Now, any questions?"
He looks at his questing group. He was happy to have gotten this started so quickly.
Brandon's the name. Golems are my game.

Kurusu

Re: [INN]Lyris: (Quest)Animated Novelties

Post by Kurusu » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:03 am

"Nope!" Piers said, looking as relaxed as ever despite the eerie atmosphere. Make no mistake, he was not letting his guard down in the slightest; he was simply comfortable in dangerous situation.

Meanwhile, Haruka looked slightly on edge. Why was everything red? Today was so bizarre...

"Eiko, red is romantic, but I think this is a bitttt too much."
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:00 am

Eiko was quick to raise her hand when the man finished but did not wait to be called on to speak.

"Yeah, I have several questions... one: the heck is a sporange? Two: what are we looking for exactly and how much? Three: I get the whole cute and cuddly will light up when we're nearby but how will we know if we see it or not?"

"Eiko, red is romantic, but I think this is a bitttt too much."

"Eh?" Eiko looked back over to Haruka who didn't seem too comfortable. "Is that why you like my hair color so much?"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 pm

"First off, a sporange is the name for a part of a fern or similar plant." Brandon starts slowly walking for the Inn again. "Second, the plant is long, and red, and the tips of the leaves are black. The golems know what to look for, when it starts glowing, just look for that. Gather as much as you can! Good luck!" And at that, he enters the inn and watches through the golems. Suddenly, his voice came through the golems. "I forgot to mention, if you come across anything fluffy, hold your breath. There are other monsters, but those are some of the worst because they release spores that will kill you in seconds."

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:37 am

"Wow, fun." Piers said sarcastically. "Can a simple gas mask block the spore? Or do I need something special?" He asked.

"Yes I doooo, I love your hair Eiko~." Meanwhile, Haruka was more keen on flirting with Eiko. Death spore sounded bad, but Haruka was intended on trying to adapt to this new bizarre environment. She wasn't doing it very well, and tried to hide it with her own brand of humour.

"No gas mask for you girls then." Piers joked.

"Sorry sir!" Haruka laughed sheepishly.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:56 am

Moon was following behind Eiko, she blinked when they were talking about the color red, and hair. "...I like your hair too..." She said quietly, thinking about it in the back of her mind, as her small figure had often been worn as a 'hat'. "As long as the blood moon isn't up, I should be fine, otherwise you probably want to keep your distance from me..." She added, while looking down like a child.

(To put Moon in perspective of size, she is about half of the size of a Lalafell from FF14, in her current state. Diana is 5 foot 5 inches, and Moon's goddess form is 5 foot 5 inches.)

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Through the golems, Brandon responded to Piers, "Yes, I suppose a gas mask would dull the effects, but I'm not sure what it would do to you with one on... It might completely null the effects or it might just give you cancer or some other terrible terminal disease. I don't know, and I don't want you risking your life for an experiment while there's still material to be found out there. Just be safer than sorry, okay?" He sighs and turns his golem off again.

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:23 pm

"Alright, to all the people who needs one, here you go!" Piers took out three strange tablets the size of his palm, right out of his forearm which had some sort of automated compartment inside. The tablet intricate folded and transformed into a half-mask that covers one's mouth and nose.

"It's pretty sophisticated technology, so it should at least prevent death from spores." He said, as he handed the mask to everyone, including Moon, just in case. He realized moon might not need it, but it looks cool!

"Oh, thanks!" Haruka wasted no time fumbling with the new toy in her hand, and with a slightly clumsy attempt, she managed to put it on her face. "How do I look? Huzzah!" She said, posing in power-ranger style right next to Eiko.

"Yeah, I used to do that. It's still tempting for me too." Piers said in response to Haruka's antic. "Anyway, we all ready? Let's start walkin! By the way, do you need a ride on my shoulder, Moon?"

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:34 pm

Eiko merely chuckled in response to Haruka's cuteness and the shared antics between her and Piers. They got along well which was nice! An extremely small... person complimented her hair. Eiko was unsure about the whole blood moon thing but who's to say this strange environment did go through red moon cycles. Heck, with how red everything was, there could be a bloody red moon everynight. Eh, details. They'll worry about it later or something.

Piers handed her a half mask and tentatively placed it where it felt most comfortable on her face. She was surprised with how it seemingly shaped to her face and marveled at what technology could potentially be like in the future. Sophisticated was definitely a word she would use. Hopefully it will at least help them in their quest to find the strange plant.

"How do I look? Huzzah!" Although it was hard to see with the mask in the way, Eiko's smile was still noticeable by the familiar way her cheeks would rise and form crinkles at the edge of her eyes. The amusement was obvious and poured into her voice as she lovingly praised Haruka if only to stroke some fierce confidence in her. Act or not, stroking that ego of hers will always be a favorite pass time.

"Like my Badass Hero~ Absolutely stunning you are!" Eiko wasted no time in roping Haruka along with an arm around her waist and ventured forth with Piers and the one she came to understand to be called Moon into the unknown. Their adventure had begun.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Into the forests they travel, and there are dangers lurking in every corner of it. The sun is sagging a little low, and the sky is a bright magenta. Everyone hears a light rustling around them. A breeze, a sudden gust of wind... Or, perhaps, it may be a creature of unknown origin stalking its prey before the fall of the night. The world around the travelers is loud with the sounds of birds, bugs, and small animals. Scraps of leaves fall from the trees around them, and the ferns below sway back and forth. In total honesty, the forest is beautiful, red evening sky aside.