[INN]Lyris: (Quest)Animated Novelties

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Re: [INN]Lyris: (Quest)Animated Novelties

Post by Myrn » Thu May 17, 2018 5:21 pm

What? Haruka, no.

Eiko was beyond annoyed that she was being viewed as the weakest party member. And yet she was the one who kept watch of her allies making sure no harm would come their way and both destroying and ridding themselves of their supposed impossible enemy. Obviously space cadet didn't take her seriously and this drove her up the wall. It must be so hard to see what's around him with his head so far up his ass. Eiko was ready to clock the guy in the face for a reality check but Haruka still had a firm grip on her. If her words did nothing at least they would have been said.

"Well aren't you just the most humble and modest space boy. Ordering us around, who do you think you are to us? We didn't ask for your help, and I certainly don't need yours!" Eiko's voice rose as she shook with growing anger.

"So you can go ahead and take your self absorbed pompous ego and shove it up your- Ack!"

Before Eiko had finished, she was quickly swept off her feet once again and all directed anger dissipated in her confusion.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm

{just going to slightly worldbuild here... I think the right term is world build... eh}

After the Mechanus cruiser in orbit lost contact with it's two interceptors; it sent out a message to all Mechanus ships in the system that BT was there and they required assistance. This message was heard by the two carrier ships that were serving defence for the something that was in the system. The very first action against BT was one of the carriers sending out a 'deep strike drop-pod' (a drop pod designed to be sent across a system and land on a planet the fleet can't yet reach) on a course that used the gravitational pull of the local star to slingshot down to Lyris. As the Rogan entered the system the pod circled the star; as the Mechanus kill team set down the compliment of 15 mechanus units of varying type prepared; and as BT and the search party started off once more the pod slammed into the dirt barely a kilometre away. As BT mobilised and the party was split, the attack force got exited the ship and prepared to attack BT and whoever had managed to take out the kill team.

Meanwhile, in orbit around the planet; the captain of the Rogan looked out of the bridge with deep concern. One of the navel crew spoke up "Sir, we have confirmation that that was a deep strike pod". Captain Roccasi frowned and rubbed his temples "Well isn't that just damn fantastic" the scot said with a sigh "I guess that at least we can check off one of those three signals to be a hostile carrier. Send in a signal to tell the Calivon battle group to get here ASAP and bring us round to that cruiser. I'd like to fully roll out our welcome to the Shadow side of the warfront...". "Aye sir. Setting battle course for the hostile cruiser" reported the Naval officer, and the ship rotated. "Setting ship alert to level yellow" said the security officer, as the Centaur class Destroyer the SAS Rogan prepared for combat; just like the commander who trudged through the undergrowth of the forest, knowing that the way that the multiverse treated his luck he was gonna have a tough next few hours on this planet.

{back to RP}

BT turned before going out of earshot and stopped for a second. "Listen" he said, half shouting due to the distance, showing calm and restraint but still obviously rather annoyed at Eiko's attitude (which he saw as reckless and dangerous) "I know we got off on the wrong foot. But in this situation I'm the most equipped and best prepared to fight this threat, so by laws of engagement I'm the one calling the shots. So right now you need to stop your petty anger and do what you came out here to do, while I take the dangerous job and cover you. These guys don't mess around, they don't take prisoners, they show no mercy, and if they're not down here yet they will be soon; so right now me distracting these guys gives you the best chance of survival. So just follow your task and get back to the inn. The sooner that's done the sooner I don't have to worry about having to add to the list of people that have gotten killed because I was in the wrong area at the wrong time." Without giving time to respond he trudges off out of earshot. But not before summoning a small, automated stealth drone to keep an eye on the other group.

{so. many. typos.}
Crash course on my IP
I'm not crazy, just slightly insane

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu May 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Kali just crossed her arms and rolled her eyes again. This guy's assumptions were getting on her nerves. When he started heading off, she started following behind. She didn't really care what this guy thought of her. He knew nothing about her, yet he assumed everything. She just chuckled a little, listening to the stranger's explanation of whatever the enemy was. Sounded typical. She was still intending on following.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Thu May 17, 2018 6:12 pm

BT was agitated; mainly out of anger at the way that Eiko had acted, but also out of an amount of fear. He'd been alive for a long time, longer then he could really remember, but what stuck with him every day was the fact that when other people got involved in something that was for all intents and purposes his fight someone would die. He always felt responsible, after all it was always his fault for dragging them into this, always him that catalyses the problem and ends up getting someone killed in the process. He wasn't worried about Eiko's life though, not out of spite, but because it was never the ones like her that died, never the ones too brash. But always the one too caring or too selfless.

And that made him worried for Haruka.

And he knew that something would happen to someone, as it always did. The multiverse had something out against him for one reason or another; always capitalising off any single mistake he made to punish him hard. But this time, no matter how much he was worried about how the people that were now under his care acted; he was determined to make this time round different. He intentionally allowed them to go collect the plant as it led them away from any signs of battle, he'd given Piers those chimera rounds and put him in their charge to make sure they had a way to defend themselves, and he'd be damned if he wasn't prepared to cut down anything that was a threat so that this time was different. This time he wasn't going to let anyone die, he was going to keep them all alive if it meant destroying the planet in the process. He'd seen dozens of people that were killed by not just the mechanus but by the dozens of other threats in his life, all because he slipped up. "not this time..." he said under his breath, as he pressed towards the explosion, prepared to do whatever it took to keep everyone alive.

At some point he noticed Kali following him. He didn't turn around, just spoke up, his voice trying to be collected but showing definite signs of his agitation: "I know you're following me, and right now i really just don't care about why. You're very likely following me into the hornet's nest here; so just..." he sighs "just... try not to get yourself killed.".
Crash course on my IP

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Fri May 18, 2018 2:30 am

Haruka had intervened yet again but rather than just holding her back, Eiko was carried off in the opposite direction all the while objecting to being treated in such a manor. The quick removal was luckily enough to be out of earshot or else Eiko would have proved herself a danger and done something extremely stupid from having been riled up too far. A good thing indeed to have been removed, a good thing indeed to have a Haruka look out for you.

With the distance gained and the girls deeper in the forest relatively alone, Eiko sulked. Where had it all gone wrong? They were supposed to have a fun little adventure with Piers and their new friend Moon but all that turned upside down when space ships got involved. The whole point of going on such a simple quest was for the simplicity. Eiko had already spent cycles of her life at war with her own enemy. She wanted no part in another one. Nor did she want to endanger Haruka. She already lost her time and time again, she wasn't going to let this chance to be with her slip by.

Eiko tapped Haruka's chest plate after a while with a low sullen voice. They had to have been a whole kilometer or two away by now, or more. She wasnt exactly paying attention.

"You can put me down now. I can run too.."

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Fri May 18, 2018 3:09 am

Haruka not only put Eiko down, but she also gave Eiko's fluffy hair a good ruffle. "Never liked a know it all hmm? It's ok dear, we just need to find the devil's fern, and we will be done!"

"Devil's fern? Aren't we supposed to be finding a sporange?" Piers asked.

"Oh... huh." Haruka now seemed visibly confused.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Fri May 18, 2018 3:23 am

"Right." Eiko smiled needing the hair ruffle before chuckling at Piers's confusion.

"And actually we're looking for the devil's fern and it sortof looks like a sporange but not to be confused with them."

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 am

"Oh." Said Piers and Haruka in unison.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Fri May 18, 2018 3:49 am

"I still don't get what the heck a sporange is..." Eiko mumbled before looking about the area just a tad confused as to where they are. She even poked and prodded the golem that somehow kept up with them.

"So uh.. heart of the forest right?" She gently nudged as if encouraging it to pick a direction. Women's intuition and all.

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 am

[Meanwhile, in orbit]

The battle rages on between the two ships. While the Hard-Light defence systems on the Rogan meant the mechanus cruiser could do little in the way of damage; the cruisers were notorious for their ability to tank damage, so it was holding up extremely well even against the full brunt of a destroyer vessel like its opponent. On the bridge, captain Roccasi was concerned about the implications of this fight going to the ground.

Naval officer: "Captain, detailed scans have confirmed that unknowns 1 and 3 are Kilot-class mechanus carriers."
Roccasi: "urg. Well at least no we know the enemy force. What about unknown 2?"
Naval officer: "Unknown, sir. whatever it is it doesn't show up on our data-banks."
Roccasi: "status on the Calivon group's arrival"
Comms Officer: "negative sir; they were just engaged by a mechanus fleet attempting to sneak by the front-lines"
Roccasi: *with a great sigh* "right, well that leaves us with one option if we want to turn this fight. Comms, record this and send it as a message to Unknown 2..." *he turns to the bridge camera that is used to send formal messages* "Greetings, this is Captain Roccasi of the Shadow Alliance Centaur class Destroyer the Rogan. I don't know who you are but our scans have confirmed that you have weapons that we could use. I request assistance of your vessel to destroy the hostile mechanus fleet in this system, and will reward you and your crew for it if you accept. Please contact us as soon as you can." *he turns to the comms officer* "send it"
Comms: "aye, sir."

The message is sent via a secure channel, reaching the ears of the Testament IV

Roccasi: "now we wait and hope to hell that they respond..."

{If interested I'll set up a new thread to RP the space conflict, because i think it would be interesting to do if anyone wants to join.}
Crash course on my IP