[INN]Lyris: (Quest)Animated Novelties

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
GUVII

Re: [INN]Lyris: (Quest)Animated Novelties

Post by GUVII » Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 pm

(Ok, let me make a suggestion here for ya, and I'm sure alot of us here would agree that this is both getting off topic, and off the mission obj. Lets complete this first, and then work with BT's missions after, to stay on topic. Story shifts are nice, when they match the theme. The Moderator - Kali - had stated this at the top of the open range roleplay forum is to stay with the theme as much as possible. I'm learning to hold back with Moon, but had to pull some serious punches in her abilities to counteract these 'machines'. I know you haven't spent much time here, but the INN has a system, it would be nice to follow it :3. Just a suggestion.)

Moon glanced up at BT. "Ill be honest, I think that most of us, if not all of us can handle some machines, Kali is a Guardian if I recall, an Opal Guardian... As for myself I'm a Goddess class elemental, there are rankings, and goddess is 2nd highest rank that we elementals can get on terms of strength. The highest rank for me would be Alpha, as male Elementals would get Omega..." She announced, and then looks at the rest.

"Here is a suggestion, we all continue on our current quest, and then go back to the Inn to resupply, rearm, heal, and suit up. Then we can help take out any machines here if needed. We are ill prepared to combat them currently, however we still can hold our own regardless. Just lest of a risk if we all work together, and complete what we came here to do." She announced, and then turned towards BT.

"The sooner we get the herbs, the better for ALL of us. We have to work as a team, drafting people into combat wouldn't be a way going about it, they know of our presence here, and know that we are a high threat. It is likely that they will observe us from now on, and engage when the time is right..." She added, with a stern look. Some what annoyed that the main objective of the current mission is being shadowed by other matters from an outside world.

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Mon May 21, 2018 4:49 am

(Also, I am adding a new rule to Inn RP. If the quest owner do not respond in 3 days without any warning. One of the Inn's staff may take over, and will certainly lead the quest to a crippling (and hilarious) failure.

YA HEARD THAT? ALTERIS? YA HEARDDD)
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 am

{Yeah, following the first path would be best honestly. keeps things easy to follow if anything.

oh dear god no Kurusu please... this is going to end horribly I'll send you a rundown on some units if you want to use them to annihilate us in case Alteris doesn't respond}

BT pauses, stopping still. He thinks for a moment before tilting his head back and breathing a deep sigh. "You're right. I shouldn't be dragging others into this mess, and I especially shouldn't split the party like this... You guys can definitely take these things on, I'll admit that even if I'd prefer you hang back and let me do the heavy lifting in that regard. We should head to the others. Only problem is you're wrong about one thing. They aren't very good at hanging back and observing high risk targets; else they would've not attacked my in the first place here. And if there is a pod on the ground I'd like to ensure that they're handled with... Hold on, I have an idea." *he taps his ear* "CB, as soon as the ship is functional, go to marker dragon and wipe any hostiles out." *he turns to face a seemingly random direction* "right, they should be over there. Now just need to thing of how the hell I'm gonna explain myself to the others for how I've been handling this mission..." There is still some agitation within him, but he seems to be calmer now; handling it better. It seems that he's returning to a state of mind where he can deal with the situation and seems to be determined to deal with the issue, even if its just one part at a time.
Crash course on my IP
I'm not crazy, just slightly insane

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Mon May 21, 2018 5:20 am

"Good, now let us hurry up and find this herb, before I turn into something else. Just like Piers remembers, the last time I've spent in prolonged periods of time in an environment, my energy pattern will start to adapt to it... Sense this world is a Fungal environment, I would expect a Fungus Aspect would be involved, probably creating the first ever Decaying Moon form?" She said with a smile, and a slight look of nervousness to it. "No idea how that would affect you all, but hopefully it doesn't, atleast not in a bad way..."

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Mon May 21, 2018 6:13 am

BT smiles under his helmet, tapping it "wouldn't affect me in the slightest. Not only does this thing has stupidly good filters, but technically breathing is something I do to look normal; being a creature that comes from the void and all... Still, I'll agree that you becoming some parasitic fungus elemental wouldn't be the most fun option for the others" the group walks on a bit, before BT trying to pickup another conversation "So... you said something about a friend owning a ship as part of a group of ships? they part of some company or something?"
Crash course on my IP

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Mon May 21, 2018 10:45 am

(Also, since alteris been AWOL for a while, I'm giving him only until tmr.)

Piers noticed that the golems became non-responsive again, and grunted in frustration. He gave them a noogie again, and shook them about. "Oi Brandon! Don't just leave us in the dark!"
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Mon May 21, 2018 3:41 pm

"I mean, I don't see how much Brandon can help us from over there what with the lack of eyes and all." Eiko commented as she curiously watched Piers manhandle the tiny thing. "What if these little guys actually know where they're supposed to go? I mean, it's worth a shot but who's to say it'll work?" She gave a small shrug and glanced at their darkening surroundings. They were losing daylight it seems.

"Eh... might as well give it a try and if it don't work then I'm chucking the thing."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Tue May 22, 2018 5:50 am

(Ok, look at me guys.

I am the captain now.)

"Alright then, well how about you lead us somewhere rocky boys." Piers said before he chucked the golem up high in the air, and caused it to land on its head. He was sure it'll be fine. It's like tossing a rock and take the path it landed on.

When it landed, however, a large warping noise was heard from the sky. It sounded like someone tore a paper to shred, but on a planetary scale.

"...uhhHHH that wasn't me!! Right?!" Piers yelled in disbelief as he looked up. He was horrified at what he saw.

=====

Meanwhile, near one of the heavy cruiser that accompanied the Mechanus fleet. A hexagonal shaped satellite came into its scanner range. The satellite didn't belong to any faction in the current skirmishes, and it had no ID, yet the scanners mistook it as a vessel of sort. It was capable of a portal based faster than light travel after all.

An unidentified, small vessel with FTL capability. By all means, it was suspicious.

It was quickly shot down by one of the cannons on the Mechanus cruiser.

So why was this satellite capable of FTL travel? It had a very obvious signature of dimensional instability around it. It was a satellite that could open a dimensional rift, and travel to any location using the said rift as a short cut. However, this particular satellite wasn't exactly build properly. The technology was advanced, but the implementation and engineering was poor and crude. It didn't follow any space flight protocol nor standards, and the same could be said for its design.

A single shot from the cruiser's cannon was all it took, and a huge space rift tore itself up near where the satellite was.

The said cruiser was immediately sucked into the rift, like a black hole attracting in any mass within its range. It was uncontrolled, dangerous, and any civilization that had build that satellite was, to put it simply, dumb. The immense gravitational force caused the cruiser to immediately underwent spaghettification since it was dangerously close to the uncontrolled rift, and even if it arrived at the destination of the rift in one piece, it would have been unrecognizably stretched and crushed into an infinitely long noodle.

And anything nearby was about to go through the same gruesome fate, unless they get out as soon as possible.

=====

"What is that thing in the sky?!" Haruka asked, bewildered. The rip in the sky seemed like one of Eiko's portal, but it clearly seemed much much bigger. It seemed to have sucked in even the light from the sky itself, darkening the area considerably.

Piers quickly activated his visor again, and his visor reported a familiar name to him. 'Faust's Gate Rift'.

Also has a red warning that reddened his visor noticeably. 'RIFT STORM'.

"Uh oh..." Piers said.

"I don't like it when someone has that reaction." Haruka replied.

"We need to get out of this planet... or this solar system now! That thing is going to suck in everything nearby very soon!" Piers said frantically as he immediately walked up to Eiko. "Can you open a portal back to the Inn now? This mission is FUBAR!"

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Tue May 22, 2018 7:12 am

The Rogan had just finished reloading it's cannons when the satellite popped in. A quick scan detected it as an FTL ship. What was strange was the unusual energy readings, as if it was somehow unstable.
"Well at least we know it wasn't on their side" Roccasi said when the mechanus cruiser wiped it out. Then a black hole formed. "oh okay!" Roccasi exclaimed in surprise as the cruiser was sucked in. Luckily there was just enough distance for the fast-reacting pilot to intervene. The ship turned so that the black hole was only in the bridge's peripheral; and burned at full power so the destroyer barely skimmed past. "Give me literally all power to forward thrusters!" The pilot demanded, to which the engineering officer complied and caused the thrusters to burn with even more ferocity. The ship groaned as supports were strained by the gravitational field of the black hole.
The Rogan managed to get to a safe distance and cut thrust so the moved away slowly with just the inertia; and the crew got their bearings. Roccasi was the first to speak, "okay... Damage report". The engineering officer read out the damage listing "moderate structural straining across the entire starboard side; and the forward thrusters are operational, but heavily damaged by the power surge". Roccasi nodded, "we'll keep a wide berth until we know we can jump out. Put me on Comms with BT, he'd probably need to know this..."

BT stared up at the sound and saw the familiar signs of a black hole. After a minute of jest looking at the situation, he put his hand to his ear. "This is BT. Send traffic... Yeah I can SEE that! The hell happened?... Right... Affirm, don't jump system, wait for me to get everyone off-world. Out."

He turned to the other, "planet's doomed. Get back to the inn, I'll find the others." He turns and sprints off. As he runs he contacts haruka using the Comms device.

"team 2, hold your position. Black hole just appeared and we need to get out of here. I'm en'route to your position so stay there, I've got my ship on the way too. ETA is, break... ETA 40secs, how copy?"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Crash course on my IP

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Tue May 22, 2018 8:04 am

What was that thing indeed? Eiko instinctively made a portal to escape through however something was very very wrong. For one she couldn't see through it, nor what laid on the other side. Even the shape gave rise to worry as the edges was not the familiar round and smooth but jagged. Her rifts were affected by the one in the sky, that much she knew. It was a tampered portal rift that would most definitely kill them if entered. She closed it feeling a bit at a loss.

"We need to get out of this planet... or this solar system now! That thing is going to suck in everything nearby very soon!" Piers was right, they need to get back to the inn, immediately.

"Can you open a portal back to the Inn now? This mission is FUBAR!" Eiko frowned and shook her head.

"No can do.. that big rift in the sky is disrupting my portals and honestly, it's a risk not worth taking." She wouldn't dare let them jump through an undetermined portal. Eiko took Haruka's hand in hers and held it tight, the build-up of tension and fear getting to her. They were spending their limited time idling a little too much for Eiko's comfort. They need to get a move-on. Now.

"We're going to have to find our way back, stay close together!"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."