[INN] The Inn

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Zroday
Location: Staring into the black from the observation deck of his ship

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Zroday » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Zroday sets the bottle on the counter and stares ahead, at nothing in particular, allowing his peripheral vision to see those near him. He noted several people on his way to the bar including what looked like a man in close enough to civvy clothes with quite a bit of gear, an individual in some fairly advanced armor, or possibly cybernetic in origin himself, and a tiny little humanoid with a little sphere constantly floating around it who looked to be conversing with the armored individual. He was a bit annoyed that his own armor's subsystems were inoperable; he'd have very much liked to scan them all. There were a few other individuals in the he could only guess old pub or inn, but they all seemed deep in their own thoughts for the moment.

In the back of his mind, he still felt the old thoughts going: One door in the main room as the main ingress/egress point, what looked to be a possible second door to the back, Multiple tables and chairs, both impromptu cover and possible terrain obstacle for himself or whomever chose to engage him, locations of all the potential hostiles. He shook his head and they fell silent. It had been.... well, he wasn't sure how long, but he knew it had been at least 150 years since the Project had collapsed in his own timeline. He was old, but had been reborn into a new body quite a few times, but he still couldn't completely separate from the indoctrination of his first 30 years of life. He had been better about it in his own timeline, but the strangeness of this place put him on edge, and the old habits came right back out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He took a deep breath, partially slipping into practiced spycraft, partially forcing himself to move out of combat assessment and back into the 'old Z' and turned to the other people near the bar and said, 'Strange place you have here. Comfortable, but strange. I'm Z. Who's the cat?' He motioned towards the cat in the picture.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 am

ZOLICEImageFIBRON
THE TECH DEVELOPER

Renton was bored. They had been sitting there for who knows how long, and his internal clock was acting completely funky. This place creeped him out, and he really didn't know why. A slot on his side opened up, and he pulled out a pack of playing cards, setting it down on the table. "Anyone want to play poker?" Renton asked no one in particular.

Zolice was fiddling with a metal part that had been in her tool box, which kept her attention while new people had been coming in and talking. She had glanced up when Jëager came down, mildly getting her attention, but her full attention was drawn by suit of heavy armor that came walking in. It reminded her of the one who had been just referred to as the 'commander' when she had first arrived, but this armor looked like it had seen far better days. She couldn't help but get herself up and wander over there while he was occupied and get a better look at the armor, her 'techie geek mode activating as she inspected it. And boy was it needing a good fixing up. Upon looking at her, anyone could see that the right side of her face was noticeably marred with burn scars, that eye being a slightly more pale blue. The burns went down her neck and to the base of her shoulder, where a metal arm began.

Renton
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

odog811

Post by odog811 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:32 am

Jëager looked at Zroday and squinted all four of his pure cyan eyes, mostly trying to see why the spartan was looking around like he was, "I think it's more of combat armor, he can probably breathe without that damn thing on, fucking lucky human" he announced, mostly furious.
but also a bit relieved that even though Skeptis's speak of another universe with humans hooked up to their armour was true, the man didn't seem to have any power in his suit's systems.

Zroday

Post by Zroday » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:38 am

Zroday was slightly confused by the bold statement from the other heavily armored creature at the bar. Zroday wasn't sure what he was. He'd seen quite a few other species, but not this. He figured if he and the four armed creature both stood straight, they would be about the same height. The creature had a bit of mass on him though, with its extra set of arms and required musculature to manage them all. He himself had never been designed to be the strongest of his kind, but he had other means.

"Well, yes, I am wearing combat armor," he replied, "It may look a bit run down on the outside, but that's just because it's seen quite a bit in its time." He had set his helmet on the counter when he popped the top off the bottle of juice, so may have been internally a bit confused by the statement about being able to breathe, but externally, he kept his cool, smiled slightly, and said, "and yes, I can breathe without wearing it all the time. Though I do sometimes feel a bit exposed outside of it, or my ship."

He let the comment about 'human' slide. He supposed he may have been human at the base of his genome, but he had been so radically altered so very long ago he didn't know if it still applied, or if it had applied to any of his kind for a long while. He used to muse about whether he was a biologic being with massive augmentation or a mechanical entity with biological support systems. These days he was convinced it didn't matter, the relationships he had with his crew spoke loud enough. He wasn't sure the same could be said for the four armed creature. He seemed to radiate with anger... a feeling he remembered from his own past.

He almost didn't notice the woman slide up next to him, and when he turned to look at her, he immediately saw the massive burns on her neck and face. He took in the pale eye, wondering if she was blind in it or if it had been replaced as had her arm. He made a focused effort to not stare at her past, instead focusing on her examining his suit. As he did so, he made a mental check that his mind's defenses were still up, and not reaching out or making their presence known. He was a little uneasy about someone showing so much interest in his armor. It was like home away from home to him, and he didn't need anyone poking at it and seeing that it was only half operational at the moment. Nor did he need anyone assessing and finding out its capabilities. He was sure he couldn't use elements of it in this place for a reason, he just didn't know what that was yet. After a few moments of uneasiness, he said, "I'm Zroday. Can I help you with something? Also did your dog just ask if someone wanted to play poker?"

(Z isn't a spartan. Closest comparison in Halo terms would be a mix between a ODST and Spartan IV. However, he's actually based off a character from Garth Nix's work, a Confusion of Princes. I've intentionally killed his armor's more advanced functions for balance and ease of introduction sake :) . When we were RP'ing these characters oh so long ago in that long dead community, we didn't have anything to base them off of other than a facebook game as Garth hadn't finished his book yet.)

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 am

Tahki stood there for a short moment inspecting Zorday's armor with her 3rd eye as it glows a soft purplish hue. "in it's time, you are speaking like you've traveled though time... I'm not familiar with your insignia... but telling by the designs it has dawn on me that you are indeed part of a 'human' faction of some kind." Tahki explained quietly and then looks up at Zorday.

"We've have not properly introduce ourselves, my name is Tahki" she exclaimed while standing there. Her short size is everything but intimidating to say the least, being 2 feet tall isn't something to fear usually. But her strengths lay with what she is, not what she can do. "I'm an Elemental, an energy based lifeforms that is composed of a plasma core, with 7 layer shielding to prevent the surrounding area being burnt to a crisp... usually I don't approach people with interest, but normally humans I've run into want to kill me, or dissect me for knowledge."

odog811

Post by odog811 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Jëager seemed irritated to hear about Tahki's bad encounters with humans, "Hey Tahki, maybe when I check out I could travel with you, I don't really have anywhere else to go but here, and I will admit... I do enjoy your company" he slightly smiled under his helmet as he spoke.

He actually seemed to be curious if she would be alright on her own.

Zroday

Post by Zroday » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Zroday smiled a bit as Tahki suggested he had traveled through time. He waited for a gap between Tahki and Jeager speaking, then replied, "I suppose I feel I probably have traveled through time, but I can't really be sure because I am not sure what, where, or WHEN this place is...." He looked around at the Inn a bit, but could gain no new information from it. He turned his attention back to Takhi and Jeager, his head making an odd nodding motion as he shifted his gaze between the sizable soldier in front of him and the diminutive elemental next to Jeager, and added, "And while you are both certainly very interesting individuals the likes of which I've not seen before, I have no desire to experiment on either of you. I've been in that position myself, as have those dear to me. I wish it on no one."

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:39 pm

ZOLICEImageFIBRON
THE TECH DEVELOPER

Renton rolled his eyes when he heard the guy talk about him asking about poker. "Yeah, I did ask if anyone wanted to play poker! I'm soooo bored!" he groaned, laying his head on the table pitifully.

Zolice looked up at the armored man, adjusting her glasses. "Sorry, I was just admiring your armor. I'm Zolice. Inventing and building and fixing stuff is kind of what I do, and I couldn't help but notice that your armor is in pretty bad disrepair. I'm pretty good at fixing things up, if you ever needed it fixed up. I mean... I built that guy back there..." She pointed her thumb back towards the dog who was feeling sorry for himself. "Just an offer, anyways."

*don't worry about being off balance or OP. There's one or two people here that could destroy the world if they wanted to*
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:44 am

Tahki gave a light nod towards Jëager "I don't think that should be a problem, as long as I don't head home. Otherwise you'd be a big security issue that my kind wouldn't ignore so easily. Being that we are all from different worlds, an entity entering into another on the other hand have to follow procedure before being welcomed freely into an Elemental Controlled Multiverse. Before you ask, yes the Elemental's exist in more than 1 universe, happened during the great uprising, and civil revolt that Alice Moon started many years ago." Tahki explained before finding a spot to sit down.

She looked up at Zolice and Renton with curiosity in her eyes, she hasn't really seen them in action yet.

Galdor_Mithr

Post by Galdor_Mithr » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:42 pm

galdor falls thought the door with a clatter of metal and bits n bobs, he does not fall but stumbles a few paces and rights himself,
"um... hay!" he seems that he doesn't know how he has arrived here and smells of a campfire crossed with an ashtray, a half smoked roll up dangles from his lip pathetically limp and unlit. half a cooked rat in hand.
he looks are the barman "ale?" he questions, digging in his bag, pockets and chined pouches for gold and silver to trade for a drink and finds a few gems and 1/3 of a bar of silver and deposits the rest of his tradeables in a safe place. a dagger rests in his hip about 2 and a half foot long with a red leather wrapped hilt and plain steel decorates the quillons and pommel the rest of him is covered in a cloak that hangs to the floor and only the dagger accompanying leg and arm could be seen "how much does that get me?" he asked making his way to the bar which he semi collapses on.