[INN] The Inn

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Post Reply
Thornificent
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Asgard
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Thornificent » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:08 pm

"If I step outside am I going to get blown away into the cosmos?" He grinned as he joked to himself.

He rotated the paper and tilted his head slightly, "Thank you, my name is Soerd (sword). It's unfortunate that we're stuck here.. I was kinda in the middle of something, though it seems they will have to fend for themselves for the time being."

Looking back and forth from the paper to BT and even briefly over to CB, "From my experience these symbols are meant for summoning, binding, or transportation, so my question to you.. What are you trying to do here? Also, that animals not going to bite me is it?"
Uhnts, uhnts, uhnts, baby.

User avatar
Sans_the_Medic
Bronze
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: A comfy pocket dimension
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:40 pm

The rover's singular camera turned to look Soerd dead in the eye, in a manner that would certainly be menacing if not for the fact such a thing would be impossible for such optics. "I'm going to let that slide as you clearly come from a place that does not have drone technology; but first of I'm not an animal, I'm an AI; and secondly I'll have you know I am far too civilised to do such a thing even if you deserve it" she said acidly.

BT half-glared at the rover "CB, cool it." He turned back to his newfound acquaintance "Well, while most of those symbols are generally for those purposes that isn't quite what I am attempting; I'm actually using them to create a sort of radio tower - wait you probably don't know what that is - like a sort of booster for communication signals; I'm trying to create a way that I can get communications out of here and to my people, as because this place is separated from even the void I don't have any way to do so right now. Problem is none of these look like they're going to work, even if they do before I start drawing them out."
<Insert humorous signature here>

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few
Image

Thornificent
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Asgard
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Thornificent » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:50 pm

"Aye, I have been many places and seen much that i haven't had the time to get acquainted with. I am aware of what a radio is though... I was sent here by a race of tentacled hive creatures that manipulate time and space. Unfortunately i was only prepared for the tentacled creature part, " he put a finger on his torso and tapped the jerkin and then up to the sword and shield, " The psionic blasts and portals were an unappreciated surprise to say the least."

Undoing the laces of his jacket he let it swing open to reveal a white tunic embroidered with vines, leaves, and berries. He reached into the left side of his jacket and withdrew his own notepad. Putting it down on the table he began to sketch out sosomething similar to what BT had already created but with a multitude of rings and very few intersecting lines.

"For transportation." He drew another one identical to it on a separate piece of paper and set down his pen. " it is required that there be one of these at both locations where items or even people are being transferred to. However, I do not know of any at the moment that are large enough to put people through and jumping into a hole when you dont know whats in it is always a bad idea. You seem like a smart fella though so maybe.." He slid one across the table towards him and set down the one BT had drawn beside it. "Maybe you can find a way to combine the ideas. Surely something that can be used to transport something physical could be altered to send something audible instead."

He move his gaze back to CB, "I meant no offense. AI I have had the pleasure of meeting typically share the same sentiment but from my experience you tend to be modeled after either animals or their creators who are in their own rights still animals. Artificial or otherwise i thought animal would be the most accurate way to describe something living that i do not understand. "
Uhnts, uhnts, uhnts, baby.

User avatar
Sans_the_Medic
Bronze
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: A comfy pocket dimension
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 pm

BT thought for a moment, then came to a sudden realisation. "Oh my god you're a genius. Okay, so when I go to a place of interest - like a grand archive or even this very inn - I mark a rune which I can use to instantly transport there, similarly to your rune. This means that if I use that rune in the way you suggested I can instead of just sending messages, I can take stuff out and even bring stuff in; which could actually help do what we need to do to get everyone out!" BT rips out a page of his notebook and starts working on a new design, the centre of it containing a simple symbol of a crown so he knew that his transport rune would go there.
<Insert humorous signature here>

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few
Image

User avatar
GUVII
Sr. Member
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 5:16 am
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by GUVII » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Moon gives a nod towards Kali and starts following Kali towards the Inn. Harris does the same, as he lightly rubbed his cheek, rubbing at the scar lightly while showing little concern over it. She was somewhat curious on how her scythe would look after being infused with Opal, as she looks at her scythe, and then puts it away.

Back at the Inn, Wonderloaf has been looking at the whole situation, she is like a sponge to information. Her golden eyes look's up towards Dream, as she is a little confused in her change of appearance.

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Member
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:39 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:57 pm

For the briefest of moments, Alaric's muscles tensed underneath his layered plate armor as he catched the faint whiff of what was surely a dragon, mixed amongst the aromas of meand and ale. However, the knight couldn't help but smile as he realized to whom it belonged. Surely, in front of him, stood the woman that was proof that not all of his kin deserved to be put beneath the sword.

"Verily it has m'lady!" He said cheerfully, returning the smile offered. "But don't speak of things like death in front of the youth." He would add, leaning in to whisper as he did.

However, the kitsune's fuzzy ears twitched in annoyance as they picked off the shirt interaction.

"Release me at once!" He shouted, attempting to get off Alaric's shoulders. "I do not know of you, I can walk alone, I wish for no sweets,..."

"And I am no child!" The boy added, finally managing to get on his feet - whiskered cheeks puffed in annoyance.

Alaric gazed at his companion as if in surpruse, only to slowly move his hand forwards.

"Look how cute he is!" Said the knight as his gauntlets pinched the boy's cheeks.

"Which brings me to why I am here..." The hybrid began as he turned to meet Alex again, hand still where it was a moment ago. "Our realm is at war, and it would appear that we have uncovered some sort of temple during our last skirmish."

"There were crystals, hourglasses, and light..." Alaric said slowly, clearly uneducated at the matter. "And now Hanzo told me to ward, well, himself. If that makes sense."

"I meant..." He eould pause, as if trying to search for the right words. "The older Hanzo did."

"Now both sides are contested over the ruins, yet a few people, our mutual friend included, are keeping them at bay, somehow." Stated Alaric slowly, as if in deep thought. Surely, his loyalties laid with the king, but he knew better than anyone else how bloodthirsty the tyrant was. Mayhaps, granting him control over such an area would not be wise. "So, I brought the little one here!"
It's just the cat Image

User avatar
Monika
Casual Mod
Posts: 4968
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Image
Kali entered the inn with the other two, noticing a few new people. She hoped that Hunuki was going to be following her. She was still carrying Kio, not wanting to put him down. "Oh, hello Alaric." she smiled lightly, then looked towards the one with him. "....? You're Hanzo?" she looked him over a little, then glanced around, noticing that everything looked the same. She sighed a little. "Looks like we still have a lot of work to do."
Image
Image
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

User avatar
Sans_the_Medic
Bronze
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: A comfy pocket dimension
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 pm

BT shouted over "Hey no fair, I've fixed up like half the broken tables!" He was aware that Kali may still dislike him (to put it lightly) but he thought that being friendly and jovial would smooth things up, at least a little.
<Insert humorous signature here>

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few
Image

User avatar
Monika
Casual Mod
Posts: 4968
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Image
Kali glanced towards BT. "I was referring to the structure of the Inn. The walls, floor, windows, and roof... I'll have to work on gathering the materials from the forest. After the Inn is restored, we should be able to leave."
Image
Image
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Member
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:39 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [INN] The Inn

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:30 pm

"Greetings m'lady!" Responded the knight, his clenched fist crashing against his breastplate in salute. Simultaneously, he let go of his little companion, who rubbed his cheek, eyebrows knit together.

The boy moved a step back as his name, or rather title, was called out. He was uncomfortable being around so many people, even though most seemed to be immersed in their own business.

"Kali-shinpusama." Hanzo greeted, recognizing the woman from the strange shrine he visited some time ago. He bowed deeply, as he would to the shadow-callers of his clan. "We met briefly when I stumbled across your temple, de arimasu."

He again switched to his formal tone, the one he reserved for addressing his betters, such as priests. Likewise, one could note a small bundle of herbs hanging from the young shinobi's sash, held together by a fine hemp string. Strangely enough, even though dried, the herbs still held traces of their iridescence - as if they were fashioned out of opal.
It's just the cat Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest