The Return to Genric

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
retrorocet

Re: The Return to Genric

Post by retrorocet » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:21 am

Outskirts of Genric, March 19, 2058

As he turns around Harris hears someone with a southern accent, call out to him from a low ledge on a dilapidated building.

" I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to bother nobody. I just haven't seen any other mutants sense I got here."

She nervously plays with her sleeves as she waits for a response or another show of aggression.
Last edited by retrorocet on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 am

Bunker inside the ruins of the elemental embassy, march 19 2058

Clara, as she wasn't a hacker, had to manually pry open the elevator door. With a large amount of dedication, perseverance, and the help of a crowbar she had found lying around; She managed to get into the elevator shaft and take the elevator down to the main bunker itself. She entered the large main complex and saw the sorry state it was in: though she still smiled as she imagined what it would have been like when this place was still not destroyed.

As she walked around she noticed the hole that had been created by Harris to access the small weapon stash; and from the fact it looked recent she deduced that this place was not entirely deserted, or at least not yet. She eventually found herself to something of a control room, where she found a terminal and started doing some digging. She first attempted to open all security camera footage of the past day; to see if she could find anyone else that had entered the bunker as of recent. If she hadn't been detected by the bunker's systems before, she most certainly had now.
"Remember, no russian... Because I-I don't understand russian..." ~ Armour fairy

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:57 am

Bunker inside the ruins of the elemental embassy, march 19 2058

As Harris had explained before, most elemental tech is alive... As for the bunker, it is very much so, which is now aware of Clara's presence, but doesn't know who, or what she is. "Hello?" It called out though the bunker's PA system "I don't know who you are, or who you are, but... What ever you are looking for is probably gone, you are welcome to stay. However, primary defense systems are down, any means of protection are probably disabled, if any enemy forces were to show up... I cannot assist you, sorry." It announced.

Harris lightly smiled in a kind and welcoming way. "Well, were not here to hurt anybody, though I cannot speak for Void, she tends to have a... short fuse per say. So what brings you here? guessing from what you said, you are also a 'Mutant' if that is what you want to call yourself." Harris said in a calm tone while standing there, keeping his hands visible to the person.

retrorocet

Post by retrorocet » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:31 am

Her body collapse in on itself before completely disappearing. Not even a moment later she reappears on the ground five feet from Harris. Her hands in her hoodie pokets.

"I never been called anything different. As fer why I'm here. I'm looking fer a friend of mine. Someone told me I might find him here.
She looks over Harris's sholder at Void, and then back at Harris.
"My name's Seraph. It's nice to meet all y'all."

Seraph takes her right hand from her poket and sticks it out in front of Harris for a handshake.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:54 am

Bunker of the ruined elemental embassy, march 19, 2058

Clara looked around for a moment in an attempt to find the source of the voice, before realising it was probably some sort of base AI or something similar. She smiled in a friendly manner from what the voice said, before replying. "Greetings. It's fine that you wouldn't be able to help, I can understand from seeing how this place has unfortunately not been maintained. It's a shame too, this place looked very nice. Anyhow, I'll be out of your hair soon enough; just need to know a few things; namely the whereabouts of anyone that would try to oppose this little dictatorship the city is going through, if you know anyone around that is."

As she spoke, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor AI; as the AI seemed to be rather sapient and capable of emotion, and so having to be without much company for the past who knows how long - especially in a decrepit place like the bunker - would be torture. She began formulating a plan of how she would aid the fight against the Trust; figuring that if she could somehow get contact with the rest of the SA, this would be a perfect location for an FOB.
"Remember, no russian... Because I-I don't understand russian..." ~ Armour fairy

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:45 pm

March 19, 2058, Outskirts of Genric

Maya turned as a newcomer came to the scene, giving her some relief. She wouldn't be the only newcomer at the moment, so at least she wasn't alone in that sense. Her eyes darted around the area with some anticipation. They were kind of out in the open, and that was definitely not okay. "So is there anywhere we plan on going, or...?"

Near the Trust Forces Base

Near the Trust Base, Patrick Davis sat on the edge of a marble fountain, quietly minding his own business. He had nothing else to do but watch the crowd shuffle by as he unconsciously ran his hand over the scar on his left cheek, stopping just before the cheekbone. It was a rather noticable trait for the boy. His attention was suddenly captured by soldiers leaving the Trust base. They were out with a purpose, he could tell by the way they walked. Judging by the handcuffs hanging from some of their belts, it was to pick up some mutants.

Patrick furrowed his brow as he stood up and wormed his way through the crowd, eventually coming to a less-crowded area. He looked back over his shoulder to see if the soldiers had already passed. They only just passed. Patrick picked up his speed and eventually came across an old apartment building, where he threw the door open and rushed up to third floor. The room had a blue glow from it, revealing that it more than enough surveillance of the city.

Patrick sat in an ancient-looking chair and pulled out a keyboard. Screens flickered on and off of the city streets, but he ignored those and went straight to his cruddy, home-made drones. They were rather flimsy and had terrible camera quality, but they worked. He found the drone closest to the soldiers (the drone named Lucy, because why not) and started to follow them. Next to him was a headset connected to Lucy, which he'd be able to speak through if needed. It also connected to fellow techies all over the city...ones that decided that they had enough with the Trust. They didn't speak often, however. For now, Patrick concentrated on following the soldiers to see what they were up to.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

retrorocet

Post by retrorocet » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:53 am

March 19, 2058, Outskirts of Genric

After a quick handshake, Seraph smiles. Her hand finds it's way back into a pocket.

"So. Y'all are trying to get those Trust people after you? Why complicate things?" Her left hand comes out of her poket in order to move a lock of hair from her face. " Shoot. If you want someone to be mad at'cha, just start airing their dirty laundry. That will get em really mad! Or assassinations. Assassinations usually get a big response to."

Seraph thinks for moment and then pulls her hood tighter around her face hiding it a bit more.
"That last bit didn't sound quite as psychotic in my head as it did out loud."