The Return to Genric

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
JEBtheGamer1

Re: The Return to Genric

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:03 am

(fairly world buildy post, so if I've contradicted any previous lore than those of you who remember properly just tell me)

March 19th, 2058, Outskirts of New Genric

"There are a few misconceptions I'd like to clear up before answering your question," stated Rick. "Firstly, the earthquake: that was the story Pumpkin had taught in schools following the incident. It was censorship, of course, but it was also to smooth over public opinions of the powered peoples. His defence minister had been negotiating with Moon, of the elementals, for peace. I guess you weren't in school at the time. Pumpkin was the President of the United States of America, and now he is the shadow dictator of our current elected government. I tie into this because at one point in time Void and I were, unfortunately, on opposite sides." Rick turns to Void. "Now for your misconceptions, and a question of my own. You've obviously been out of it for a while. The shockwave you sent, indeed, killed many mutants and humans alike. However, the Trust is a targeted force commanded by Pumpkin, whose sole purpose is the eradication of the powereds. The general view of the common folk on the Trust is positive, thanks to a vast amount of propaganda turning the powereds into what we now call mutants, ultimately a flawed and incorrect term. The Trust are by no means beating a dead horse, they are ensuring that the horse is indeed dead once and for all. People have taken notice, but the Trust has the entire world on their side. To the people, the Trust are the heros, and we are the villains. And would you like to know who is behind the Trust? Why they have managed to advance technology so far with the little Elemental technology they have acquired? Void, they are your creators. The remnants of the Lab and the mercenary group called the Trust banded together under Pumpkin's rule to form the core of the Trust we see today. That force out there that is beyond humans? The Trust is trying to wield it. With this knowledge, will you still fight them?"

"Harris, as I live and breath. What the hell brings you to New Genric of all places?" said Mr Johnson.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Void lightly grinned towards Rick. "We still have a spar to finish, you and I... But I agree that our main problem isn't us as indivisuals, but rather the Trust, and the current controlling government. If the world believes in the 'Trust' then maybe we should show the world the truth... Fighting the trust head on would be suicide, though if that time comes, and we have no choice... Ill gladly smash the tin cans. If only the Elemental's were here, this would be a even fight, but right now we are on our own..." She paused for a moment and looks up at the sky. "Somewhere up there is the Testament IV... Knowing Harris, it is probably close by, but he would never risk it being discovered..." She added.

Harris put's the rifle back, and looks at Johnson. "I came here on my own request, to set things right. I'm currently acting as an Envoy, but I see that more is needed to be done here... How about you Johnson? You recovered from the incident?" He asked, while holding out his hand for a hand shake.
Last edited by GUVII on Sun May 06, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zavier Antiguar
Cinnabitch

Post by Zavier Antiguar » Sun May 06, 2018 9:42 pm

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to get started." Alex stretches his shoulders and straightens out his legs, popping a bit. "I think this might be fun, if we don't get blown up first!"
May your blade be ever sharp, and your will never broken.
Character Info
Pixel Art
Reyn's BBCode Masterpost
Da Rules
Da Staff
Da FAQs

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:23 am

"The Lab built us tough, us J0H types, but no." said Mr Johnson. " I'm still a helluva lot weaker than I was back in... damn, 2017? 2018, maybe. I'm getting old... I don't think I'll ever fully recover, and with the tussles I've gotten into with the Trust... let's just say haven't got the chance to recover. Absolute zero is damn hard to manage, but it's the closest I can get to the level of power elemental tech outputs. Speaking of that, did you ever get the Testament off the ground, or were those Pumpkin's guys that were lasing parts of it off? I dove into hiding when the Lab sent one of their prototypes after me so I never did see what happened to it."

"Anyways, I've overstayed my welcome" stated Rick. "No doubt you've noticed that me and the dashing fellow talking to Harris are virtually the same person. If not, and you thought I was Mr Johnson the whole time... well I did introduce myself as not him, didn't I? Maybe I forgot to, it's hard to remember this isn't my genric sometime. Anyhow, I need to head over to my own timeline before the window closes. Ciao." With a burst of light and energy, Rick disappeared.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

Zavier Antiguar
Cinnabitch

Post by Zavier Antiguar » Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Alex blinks at the burst of light, then looks at Johnson. "Wait, you aren't human either, are you? And what's 'the Testament'?" He's got so many questions floating through his head right now, and only a few actually make sense.
Character Info
Pixel Art
Reyn's BBCode Masterpost
Da Rules
Da Staff
Da FAQs

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 pm

"The Testament IV saved alot of people from the blast, and manage to escape. She landed shortly after but due to the complications of diplomatic importance, Tess thought it would be best to hide the Testament, not on this planet. So yes it did take off, and the crew is still alive. Tess manage to get herself out of the white house during the confrontation's erupted in Genric. The ship saved tens of thousands of lives, humans, and powers alike." Harris explained, then turned towards Alex. "The Testament IV is a battleship. Its name is the family classification, as there are 7 different types, all different sizes, and different types of weapons." He added, and lightly smiled.

Harris then glanced at Network "I think you and Tess would get along quite well, sense she is basically a machine..." He pulls out a picture of Tess, and hands it to Network.

Zavier Antiguar
Cinnabitch

Post by Zavier Antiguar » Mon May 07, 2018 10:47 pm

"Thank you... uhhhh... Who are you again?" Alex turns to Harris, and walks closer to him.
Character Info
Pixel Art
Reyn's BBCode Masterpost
Da Rules
Da Staff
Da FAQs

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 am

Harris blinked, and paused for a moment, while turning towards Alex. "My name is Admiral Harris Williams of the 268th Elemental Defense Fleet, and rapid response force. My placement here is of choice, not by mistake, or an order. I've came here to clean up a mistake..." He explained, and then looks at Void, then the others. "40 years... Sure is a long time for me to clean up a mess..."

Zavier Antiguar
Cinnabitch

Post by Zavier Antiguar » Wed May 09, 2018 2:57 pm

"So, basically... you helped the city get destroyed as well? How many people does it take, exactly, to destroy a city? And why are you the only one trying to clean it up, Admiral?" Alex is staring at Harris in disbelief. How could a human, an elemental, and a probably-not-a-human destroy a city on their own? It doesn't make sense!
Character Info
Pixel Art
Reyn's BBCode Masterpost
Da Rules
Da Staff
Da FAQs

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Thu May 10, 2018 6:54 am

"Indirectly, yes. You see, my involvement here was to help humanity with their judgement on people with differences, that they are just as much as a person than anyone else here. Problem was that companies saw to take advantage of the powers, and illegally conducted experiments. Little that I've knew how deep their power went, and how much of a influence that President Pumpkin had, however if he is the 'shadow dictator' of the United States, then that only means someone else is pulling the strings, and I'm willing to bet it's the Lab. After our short moment of military influence in Genric, a forceful evacuation was performed, and all personnel were told to return to the homeworld, despite personal attachments to people on Earth. If we were not here, the U.E.N. wouldn't have provoked the Lab into activating Void..." Harris then turns towards Johnson.

"As much as I would love to chat more about the cities past, I'm afraid that we would be here longer, which will put a bulls eye on us if the Trust discovers me, yourself, and Void here. To top it off, Network knows too much for his own good, so I would recommend we find a place to settle down, before we start talking again." He suggested to Johnson, and the rest.

Void stands up, and swings her scythe over her shoulder. "I'm still wounded from the fight with Johnson, and with the Trust. I for one can use some rest, and maybe some medical attention..." She said, while looking a little pissed off.