The Return to Genric

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
JEBtheGamer1

Re: The Return to Genric

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:13 am

March 19th 2058, the Former Elemental Embassy

"Only you alone, eh? Don't be so sure. I didn't get foreign secrets even you don't know through dumb luck. Looking at your gear, I'm guessing plasma based, similar to what the Trust uses. A little outdated, unless that's a high yield rifle. While I won't fight with you, it looks like that team you're looking for will need some real firepower. There's one guy, real golden oldie, who would do you well, but he'll take a damn lotta convincing. Then there's the resistance, a group of ragtag asses too weak to fight the Trust. They're damn good at running from them though, and that's no mean feat in of itsself. I'll take you to the first guy, since I get the feeling we'll meet a few more people than we bargain for if we do that. Howsat sound?"

Outskirts of New Genric, Near the Highway 118S

Mr Johnson stood as the rain dripping from the overpass slowed, then abated. Picking up his brown shawl, he wrapped it over his head and shoulders, fighting back the chill. His hands shook as he looked down the road Alex had walked earlier, as Johnson sensed the final echoes of the Trust's weapon fallout passing. "You come to tell me how much I fucked up, or do you have anything useful this time?" he inquired to nobody in particular. Or so it seemed, as a response did come. "Heh. While you did fuck up, I might actually have something for you." came a voice from the shadows. Slowly, the shape of a person started to form. A person clad all in black, from their jeans to their leather jacket, formed. Even behind the black bandanna and aviator sunglasses, it was clearly Mr Johnson. "You're timeline is so fucked up that the other timelines have taken interest. Like reality TV. You know how everyone loves a good underdog story, right?""God dammit, Rick. I told you that I'm not fighting again. You know that."
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:41 am

March 19th 2058, the Former Elemental Embassy

"The weapon is as good as the wielder, the Trust don't know nothing about Elemental's and their tech, hell they don't even know that the tech is based around their own physiology, basically what I'm holding is a mini version of an Elemental. Has a plasma core, with energy directors to compress the energy into a bolt... High Yield bolts are just compressed in a tighter space, causing more of a bang, than a beam... It was a prototype, never used it before myself, but... from what I've heard when it was build, it put a few holes in the Testament's hull by accident during a test fire..." He said and then thought about the two groups that Network has described, and stood straight.

"Alright, ill bite... I'll meet your pal, maybe exchange a few questions, and answers. I'm not here to start a war, but if the Trust is doing things the wrong way, with Elemental Tech, then it isn't just your problem, but mine... I'm all set and ready to go..." He said while standing there, as he is ready to follow Network.

March 19th, 2058. The Void

Void glares at Alex, with a devilish grin... "Johnson is a man with answers, who might be responsible for what happened here. However, I find it odd that humanity manage to develop Elemental Tech, if I was a pure Elemental, and not a hybrid, that weapon wouldn't have affected me. Plasma energizes Elemental's, causing them to be recharged from it's effects. If anything... Those who can truly stand toe to toe in a one on one match would be an Elemental..." She explained, then opens another portal as she raises her hand, near Johnson's current location, she had a hunch, it was Alex who said he met him before...

Outskirts of New Genric, Near the Highway 118S

She steps though but still a bit away from Johnson, and whom else might be talking to him, she leaves the portal open for Alex to leave at will, as she makes her approach. "Johnson!" She yelled, as the rain pelts her hair, and forehead. The light from her eyes, and her scythe are reflected around her as the water acts like prisms to the purple hue. She looks crossed as she makes her approach...

"You and I have some unfinished business..."

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:11 pm

March 19th, 2058. The Void.

Alex nods while Void tells him about Trust's weapons. He starts to form a plan in his head and walks out of the portal.

March 19th, 2058. Near the Highway 118S

Alex keeps his eyes on Johnson as he steps through the portal, exiting the Void. He stands there, watching the two people, not wanting to start anything with either of them. He doesn't know what's going on, or the history of this city. What happened here is a total mystery, and he's watching them so he can learn from the encounter.
Brandon's the name. Golems are my game.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 pm

March 19th, 2058. Outskirts of New Genric, Near the Highway 118S

The two Mr Johnsons turn in unison to look at Void. Seeing the second figure more clearly as she approaches, she would realise that the one clad in sackcloth appeared to be nearly identical to the Johnson clad in the garb she remembered him in. "Oh, it's you." mutters the first Johnson. "I wonder if she knows which one of us to fight." comments the second. He threw off the makeshift shawl he wore, revealing similar garb to what the black-clad Mr Johnson wore. "Well, since this is my timeline I'll introduce us. Void, Rick. Rick, Void. It's a long story, parts of which I'm sure you know." Despite their similarities, upon closer inspection Rick and Mr Johnson did have some other differences. Of the little skin exposed, Rick's looked much healthier than Mr Johnson's. Mr Johnson's shoulder sagged, like he was a tired old man, and his hands had a slight tremor to them. "Have you come to kill me? While I'm not opposed to it, I'd prefer not to attract undue attention."

The Former Elemental Embassy

"Well, technically you're correct. You used a double negative. Don't ask me how, but that Trust is a lot closer to cracking elemental tech than you'd think. Judging from their files, they play their cards close to their chest and haven't had a need to pull out the big guns yet. I'll take you to the guy, he's not too far. Just over by the highway into New Genric. Fifteen, twenty minutes tops, but less if we run. And I get the feeling we should run." With that, Network took off at a decently quick pace.

(GUVII, feel free to have Network and Harris approach Highway 118S in your post)

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Void keeps walking towards them both, and stops about 5 feet away, as she sets her scythe down. "Kill you!? Ha! Heavens no, you are not worthy of death... oh no, quite the opposite really..." She said while glaring at them both, and continues "it is clear that the 'lab' still exist, and I plan on wiping them out... That and Mr Pumpkin had some involvement, otherwise the US Military would be fighting against the Trust... I gota say, stealing Elemental tech was quite a bold move, only a matter of time before an Envoy arrives to check up on Genric, if she spots the trust, you know what will happen next." She grinned, and moved her scythe in a way where she can sit on the hilt.

"The 'Trust' and their supporters would be in for a bloodbath if news gets out about their testing. you and I know that isn't good for Genric if the Elemental's got involved, but I personally do not care for the well being of Genric or the Human race, all I want, is the Lab, and their puppets dead, wiped from existence. Something tells me you had an involvement, at least one of you had, no matter... You both are just a bunch of fuck ups anyways... Just now we have to cooperate... and pick up all the broken pieces of this shattered world." She explained, as it is clear that the situation is indeed more dire than expected. Void was serious, and was actually enjoying the thought of Generic being destroyed.

Harris followed after Network in a good pace, it didn't show being tired, or strained from the run, he was used to it... running on the battlefield, or in the Testament was just the same for him. "Network, you have to know something about Elemental tech... Its all alive, it think's for itself, weather you pull that trigger or not, it has the final say. This applies to our tanks, ships, everything. They are only fragments of true Elemental's a piece of them, this rifle I carry... Is a piece of Tess, the AI of the Testament IV, she gave it to me as a gift in hopes that one day it may save my life. The 1911's are fragments of Moon, hence why they are so powerful..." Harris explained, then sees a purple glow ahead. "Shit, is that Void?" He asked, while pulling out his rifle. It lights up and hums with energy, a similar energy pattern as the Testament...
Last edited by GUVII on Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Tue May 01, 2018 12:30 am

Alex sits back and watches the conversation, and there are a few things - no, a lot of things he needed cleared up. "So, I'm new to this town, and while I think it's nice and all..." He stands up and crosses his arms. "...I have no clue what happened to make it this way. So! Can someone please give me some town history? Also, who's Mr. Pumpkin?"
He suddenly stops as he feels a present from behind them. "We've got two people headed our way, one of them has some sort of energy weapon..."

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:07 am

March 19th, Outskirts of New Genric

Network glanced sidelong at Harris as he spoke. "So that's the code they have yet to crack. I don't think they use elemental weapons, but they've definitely found some way to come close. Believe me, I saw them use it. Once. Not just a hunch this time, though I can't say I've seen Elemental weapons in use before." As they approached, Network's pace slowed.
GUVII wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51 pm
"Shit, is that Void?" He asked, while pulling out his rifle. It lights up and hums with energy, a similar energy pattern as the Testament...
"Void? You don't mean--"
Network stumbled backwards, falling onto his butt, as Mr Johnson appeared in front of him. Rick, on the other hand, calmly walked up to Alex. "Ah, you must be Alex, leader of the quiet rebellion. I am Mr Johnson, though I'm not the one you met. You may call me Rick, in this timeline. I'm not surprised you don't know what really happened to the old Genric. Pumpkin was quick to cover that up, censoring almost all media. The education you may or may not have had before your... afflictions?" Rick stopped talking, and furrowed his eyebrows, looking for a better word. "Abilities. Before your abilities manifested probably said something along the lines of an earthquake being the cause of Old Genric's destruction. Well, in this timeline and the rest of them, it was actually your... compatriot that caused the destruction of Genric. Void, I trust you can explain the rest? I might be needed to reign Mr Johnson in a bit." With that, Rick turned on his heel and began calmly walking towards Mr Johnson, Harris, and Network.

(the gray is Rick talking, not Johnson. Colour still need some tweaking :P )

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Wed May 02, 2018 2:28 am

Alex is still minorly confused. "What do you mean by an earthquake? I never got any news of an earthquake, and I've always had these abilities... and I'm still not sure about who Pumpkin is." He sits down again, looking to Void for some help.

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Wed May 02, 2018 6:36 am

Void stood there, and glanced at Alex "I was the start of the downfall of Genric, and the Elemental presence in Genric City. I was out of control, a weapon fueled by rage from my creators, I've directed my rage back at them, but in turn destroyed most of Generic, while another unknown force also assisted in its demise. A shock wave ripped though me, and the city, destroying most life here. Those who manage to escape were on the Testament, or were teleported away. The U.E.N. was furious to the humans, but with no evidence of my creation, or the Lab's involvement, the U.E.N. was forced to dissolve their presence here, and do a retreat... 40 years later, here we are... Most of the 'Mustants' dead, city infrastructure destroyed, and hundreds of thousands dead from the blast, and more later died by the 'Trust' apparently. The 'Trust' is beating a dead horse currently, only a matter of time until someone takes notice..." Void explained, and glanced up at Alex. "Humans needed to learn that there are forces out there that are beyond them, the Lab wanted to show only a fraction of that power..."

Harris was quick to train the rifle on Johnson, and then lowered it... "Johnson?" He stood straight, and blinked.

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Alex nods. "So... Is 'Pumkin' your name for this unknown force... Or is it the 'president's' nickname around these parts?" He's still confused about that, but he's clear on everything else. "Also, one more thing... If your creators were destroyed, why are you back? And how does Mr. Johnson tie into all of this?" Alex leans on the wall, hoping he doesn't anger Void and get killed for it.