The Return to Genric

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
JEBtheGamer1

The Return to Genric

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:30 am

Fourty years have passed since "The Genric Incident," a terrible event where an entire city, called "Genric City," was destroyed. Heroes and villains alike have been snuffed out in America, with many seeking asylum in other countries. The current government has approved the death penalty, and the president has seized power turning America into a totalitarian state. The elementals have been abolished from this state, their embassies destroyed. And yet, many powered individuals still live in America, many in New Genric.

This is the world you are in now. The rainy city of Genric, struggling to survive in a world against that which is different. Immense displays of power are quickly snuffed out by the mysterious "Trust." So no matter how strong you are, limit yourself. Sure, you can fight crime if you want. But nobody will appreciate it.

OOC:

Genric City is based off of Gotham City, though it's general appearance during the day will be more like Metropolis. The point of this RP is a continuation of the story from a my first RP that I started quite some time ago called "Heros & Villains RP." H&V is no longer running, nor do you need to have participated in it to play here. The "Trust" is a group that can negate ANY power. That's right, any power.

What's the point? Well, this RP is a harsh look at a dystopian future where anyone with powers is immediately arrested and executed. My plan for this is to have a fun story about the underdogs fighting the government, both politically and physically. You will be playing a superhero that has had to hide their powers. You can be of any walk of life, from street bum to businessman.

Rules:
Don't make an OP character. This includes but is not limited to billionaires and superman. The power level should be more Spider-Man (ie he can take down most thugs or rob a bank, but will run into trouble with anyone stronger).

Please allow people to respond in between posts. Even in conversation, if three people are there and two people are talking, it is very difficult for a third person to throw in their thoughts.

Combat must be predictive. State what your character is trying to do and/or it's effect on the world. Everyone else will make their characters react accordingly (both as their characters and as the all powerful god we call physics).

Please please PLEASE put the in-game date and location at the top of your posts. It's really helpful for tracking if we're getting bogged down or not.

Have fun!

Also for the luls, put 'potato' in your first post if you'd like.

And if you'd like to read ~130 pages of RP...H&V RP 1 H&V RP 2
Last edited by JEBtheGamer1 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

JEBtheGamer1

Re: The Return to Genric

Character List: Mr Johnson. Formerly the sidekick to the now deceased hero of the city, Captain Genric, this dimension hopping man has seen it all. He knows the Trust can't be beaten, and he punishes himself for the outcome of this reality.

Alex.

Admiral Harris.

Network.

Void

Rick
Last edited by JEBtheGamer1 on Mon May 14, 2018 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

JEBtheGamer1

March 19th, 2058. Beneath the 118S Highway, outskirts of New Genric

The streetlight flicked as the rain drummed down on the highway overpass. Beneath is sat a quiet figure, wrapped in brown cloths. The remnants of a burlap sack that might have once contained potatoes, and various other clothing made up this strange robe. In that shadow, the light almost seemed to bend away from him. The figure's head turns towards the streetlight, it's amber glow barely reaching the foot of his cloak. With a deliberate gesture from the figure any passerby would notice, the bulb in the lamp shattered and the side road beneath the highway fell into darkness.

(OOC: The gesture is meant as a hook for whoever posts next)

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:41 am

March 19th, 2058. Beneath the 118S Highway, outskirts of New Genric

Alex stops walking. His senses are going nuts, and his ears are twitching like crazy when the light shatters. His tail swishes lightly as he bends down to the ground and picks up a piece of the glass. He stands up, looks around and sees the odd stranger. His short, black hair is a mess, but he figures the figure won't figure to judge since it's pitch black. Alex picks up a certain aroma. It reminds him of potatoes, but it's closer to iron, or steel. He decides to ignore it, looking back to the stranger.
"Hello, sir," he says to the figure. "Lovely weather we're having, huh? I don't suppose I could bother to ask you where I am, exactly?"
Brandon's the name. Golems are my game.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 pm

March 19th, 2058. Beneath the 118S Highway, Outskirts of New Genric

"Hmph." The figure grunts nonchalantly. "A new arrival. What shithole did you come from?" he mutters to himself. With a grim tone to his voice, he addresses Alex. "I suppose an introduction is in order. Welcome to Genric, the city of humans. Be you here for good or ill, this city's going to chew you up and spit you into the gutter. Your lucky I was the first to see you, cat man. If a collaborator or citizen saw you, you'd be dead for sure." The figure's voice trails off as he seems to lose his focus, then heaves a sigh. "Where are my manners." The figure stands, extending a hand towards Alex. He is wearing a beat up leather jacket, with a white tee underneath. On his legs he wears black jeans with a brown belt, and black combat boots. Around his neck is a black scarf, and silver rimmed aviator sunglasses are hanging from his shirt. "This city may be shit, but I wouldn't be wanted in eleven states if I pushed away the first mutant I've seen for thirty years."

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:53 am

"Well, stranger, maybe I'm used to being hated." He looks out at the soaking weather, then shakes the man's hand. "Thanks for the warning though. Sounds like this city really does have what I need in it." His worn leather jacket almost matched the stranger's, except it had a faded flame design surrounding the bottom. His blue jeans were soaked at the bottom, and his hair was wet, but he'd survive. "So, tell me... What sort of problems is this city having? Because I've seen some serious shitholes in my day, and they looked to be in way worse condition than this.."

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 am

(on tablet so sorry for grammatical errors)

March 19th, 2058. Beneath the 118S highway, Outskirts of New Genric

"I'll answer your question and correct your misunderstanding in the same response," stated Mr Johnson. "I'm Mr Johnson, by the way. Now, I'm sure wherever you're from is a place where you're familiar with discrimination. Animal people are like half-elves in some cultures. But here in Genric, it's a different story. Here, it's illegal to be different. If you stand apart, the Trust takes you down. If it's powers, magic, or inhuman features, it's illegal. The irony is, most of those that were killed were the ones fighting for the people, trying to keep their cities safe. The heros. Hah, this world doesn't deserve heroes. If you want to stay here, hide your inhuman parts. I won't stop you or help you, 'cause I gave up the fight a while ago, but you do you."

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:12 am

(Ill give it a shot, thought this seriously limits my selection of characters XD)

March 19th, 2058. Infront of the Destroyed Elemental Embassy

Admiral Harris stood there in the rain, as it pelted his trench coat, and his captain's hat while the brim of the hat drips with water. Hes been standing there for awhile, pondering on what happened, and how if any... a means to avoid it again. He stayed behind to help those in the city recover, and bring it back to it's formal glory. He had a deep sense of responsibility for Genric and its people...

Without the support of the Testament IV, and other Elemental's in the system, his resources are limited to what is within the ruins, and what is within Genric. He slowly crosses the crime scene tape, and enter's the ruins as the broken glass, and the cracked concrete below him, looking for something within maybe some potatoes...

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:13 pm

March 19th, 2058. Beneath the 118S highway, Outskirts of New Genric
Alex stares off at the city for a moment, then turns back to Mr. Johnson. "I see. Thanks for the tip, now I think I should be on my way. I've got a city to search, and this place is getting more and more promising for what I'm looking for." He walks slowly towards the city, not covering his non-human bits at all. He looks determined to change something for better or worse, and he wasn't going to stop until he achieved it.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 pm

March 19th, 2058. Beneasth the 118S Highway, Outskirts of New Genric

A grim chuckle escapes Mr Johnson's lips as Alex walks away. "They'll kill you!" he calls to Alex. "You know that, right?"

The Destroyed Elemental Embassy

As Harris entered the building, a lone figure watched. The crunch of glass as the trench coat-clad man walked across the parking lot, seemingly wistfully or lost in thought. The person inside scurries away, hoping to avoid this new face. A trained eye, however, would spot this motion even amidst the shadows cast by the flickering streetlamps and decrepit buildings of the abandoned old quarter.