The Return to Genric

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
JEBtheGamer1

Re: The Return to Genric

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:03 am

March 19th 2058, Outskirts of new Genric

Johnson cleared his throat with a cough. "Harris, I think your translation circuits are fried or something. Pumpkin is pretty much the highest power right now, with the elected government nothing more than puppets. Networks is... well, we can trust him. He wouldn't sell out his own kind. And the reason I hang out here? There are actually high frequency energy fluctuations constantly bombarding the area. Network says it's a private energy company's underground research lab, since these slums under the highway sell for cheap. Our energy signatures, at least for Void and I, are completely masked, though I have a shack under the highway if you'd like to move there." Johnson began leading the group to his shack, and as he did addressed Alex. "To answer your questions: It only takes one person to destroy a city. Either Void or me in our prime had the potential of a small star -- a neutron star that is -- at our disposal. That's power on a planetary level, limited probably by the conductivity of spacetime, what laymans probably know better as the fabric of the universe. I'm human, though modified. And Harris is the only one trying to clean up the city because he's the only one stupid enough to try."

At that point, Network cleared his throat in a way that drew attention to him. "Ahem. You, uhh... You're Alex, aren't you? Head of the resistance against the Trust? Technically speaking, you and your quiet resistance are the ones 'cleaning up the mess' that was created when Old Genric... well, collapsed. I'll have to shoot you some files later on the whole Genric Incident thing." Turning to Harris, Network continued. "Seems you and Johnson are old buddies, so no introductions are necessary. I guess it's time for you to tell us your grand plan on taking down the Trust, right? We're all here, old friends from before the mutant massacre, old enemies from before the Genric Incident, and the young blood: me, the skilled hacker that knows everything about the old folks, and the over-eager rebel who doesn't know the rich history he's fighting for. I mean --" Network cut himself short, allowing Harris a chance to speak.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue May 15, 2018 3:05 am

Very close by to the group, eighteen-year-old Maya Lockwood rubbed her eyes tiredly as she sat up in bed, letting out a grunt of annoyance. Flashing lights were outside her window accompanied by loud talking and rain pelting the window panes. Maya groaned and swung her legs over to the side of the bed, her feet touching the cool and bare wooden floor. The room itself was small and dingy, considering how her living arrangements were subpar at best, but she didn't particularly care. As long as she had a place to crash, things would be okay.

Maya trudged over to her window bearing only a pair of black pajama pants and a white tanktop, running her fingers through short and messy blonde hair. As her fingers hooked underneath the window to open it, she could hear her mother shifting in her bed the next room over. Dammit, they're gonna wake her. With a roll of her piercing blue gaze, Maya yanked the window upwards and promptly placed her hands on the windowsill, sticking her head out into the drizzling rain.

"Hey potato-brains," she hissed to the group rather unhappily through her teeth, "some of us are trying to sleep, screw off!" As she scolded the group, she noticed that they were not dressed normally, nor did some of them even look fully human. It was an odd assortment of beings, and it could really only mean one thing. She wasn't alone in possessing powers. For ages, she'd been aching to be apart of the group that took down the Trust, but she couldn't find a way how. That, and her mother forbade it greatly. When asked why, she seemed to quietly sink away.

"Wait...shit, hold on a second!"

Maya disappeared back into her room, snatching up some clothing. In a matter of minutes, she'd pulled on ripped jeans, a leather jacket and a hoodie, and some black boots. She pulled the hoodie over her head as she crawled through the window and onto the fire escape, scrambling down as quickly as possible without slipping and falling. Once she landed on the ground with a splash, Maya approached the group.

"Are you all who I think you are?...mutants?" She second-huesses the possibility, but it was rather obvious that they were not exactly the most normal-looking group. They stuck out like a sore thumb.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Tue May 15, 2018 7:32 am

Elsewhere in Genric, a figure crouched over the corpse of a TRUST grunt. She was intrigued, while she had managed to take the grunt out and drag them to a safe place before any re-enforcement arrived, it had definitely taken some effort. She had almost resorted to using her victory charm to... Well, what was important was this lot were tough enough to give her a hard time. And if they were hard for her to take down she didn't want to waste lives of her people on them.

She had originally come as one of her semi-regular holidays, not knowing anything, and hoping to have a vacation that she didn't fight during it. But after a few days of listening and watching she decided that she would once again step in. Now that she had tested the strength of the apparent oppressors she realised that she would rather not do it alone.

She stood up, took the grunts rifle and just managed to stuff it in her bag, picked up a bottle of vodka and swigged it down.

Clara Goldfish: "I guess the first step then is to gather information on any resistance parties... God, it's been a while since I last fought for the little guys."

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

<Insert humorous signature here>

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few

Zavier Antiguar
Cinnabitch

Post by Zavier Antiguar » Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Alex looks up at Network, surprised he knew who he was. "I'm Alex, but I'm not head of the resistance, not anymore... I passed that job along to a colleague of mine back in '56. Why?" He jumped a little when Maya dropped down behind him and cloaked his ears and tail by reflex. "N-no, no mutants here."
May your blade be ever sharp, and your will never broken.
Character Info
Pixel Art
Reyn's BBCode Masterpost
Da Rules
Da Staff
Da FAQs

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 am

Harris Glanced at Alex, then at Void, then back at Alex. "Oh yeah, totally no mutants... A chick here standing with glowing purple eyes, and a frickin scythe, yeah... Totally NORMAL." He said jokingly, and smiled. He turned back to Network "yeah, me and Johnson were working out the details together in bringing the Powers, and the Norms back together. The Lab back then had a controlling interest in Genric, even attacked a Hospital at one point. However, what didn't help was the prison also failed to contain the true Villains, so we might be facing up against a three sided war here, if that hasn't already happened yet. Probably were all killed off by the Trust in 40 years..." He paused for a moment, then looks at Johnson. "Either way, our problem still is the Trust, and Pumkin... Best come up with a plan first, before going any further." He stated.

Void glances over at Maya, her purple eyes fixates on hers. She remains quiet, thinking on how things could have been different if she didn't try to destroy Genric 40 years ago...

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sat May 19, 2018 2:08 am

March 19, 2048, Outskirts of New Genric

As Alex gave his reply, Maya responded with a skeptical look. In his case, it was painfully obvious that he was a mutant. Any idiot could see that. She dismissed his half-hearted attempt to conceal his identity with a small chuckle and shook her head.

"No, it's okay. I'm a meta-human too. I'm not here to turn you or whatever you're thinking." She extended her right hand and showed a glowing red disk-shaped aura around the entire hand. "See?"

The back of Maya's neck grew hot as she felt an uneasy glare fall on her. She gave a sidelong glance to Void, giving an uncomfortable, polite smile in return. There was something behind those eyes, but she couldn't tell what it was. Maya put her hands back in her pockets and looked at the others with a long exhale. They were talking about the Trust and the Lab, things she'd heard all about before. They were more than familiar to her

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sun May 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Void continues to look at Maya, and then walks up to her... Like... Invading personal space close. She did something that caught Harris off guard, and that was giving Maya a quick hug. Harris lets out a laugh, and shakes his head. "I'd never knew... Looks like Void wishes to be your guardian..." Harris explained, however Void remains silent, but confirmed with a nod.

"Elementals have a choice to appoint guardianship with 1 person, however they can request more than 1 person to be their own guardian. Having an Elemental Guardian would take my properties, and apply them to your abilities, that is if you wish. Also, any damage you receive in combat will reflect upon me. She explained, as she looks down at the ground.

"Seeing you, makes me wish I had not done the things I've done. You were born in such hard times, times of injustice, poverty, segregation, all a result of my actions, and mine alone. To atone for my actions, one must start taking the steps to heal the wounds I've opened." Void was serious, seeing Maya... done something to her... to that rough exterior is apparently a soft interior.

Zavier Antiguar
Cinnabitch

Post by Zavier Antiguar » Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Alex blinks at the sight of the tough and mighty Void hugging Maya and uncloaks his tail and ears at the sight of the ring. He doesn't intrude on the conversation between Maya and Void just yet, as he doesn't want to be rude.
May your blade be ever sharp, and your will never broken.
Character Info
Pixel Art
Reyn's BBCode Masterpost
Da Rules
Da Staff
Da FAQs

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed May 23, 2018 2:25 am

March 19, 2048, Outskirts of Genric

Maya was taken by surprise as Void stepped forward, getting uncomfortably close, and suddenly hugged her. Initially, she wondered if she had done something wrong, but the feeling faded away to confusion before Void and Harris explained what she was doing. The young mutant carefully peeled herself away from the other, looking rather uncomfortable. She wasn't quite used to these kind of interactions.

"Uh..look, I don't need help. I can protect myself just fine."

A sharp eye searched the others again for any signs of hostility among them, but she seriously doubted it. They didn't seem like the type. Maya rubbed the back of her neck and glanced at Alex with a reassuring smile and a small shrug.

"So what were you guys talking about anyways? You seemed to be pretty loud about it."

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Thu May 24, 2018 7:59 am

Void lightly nodded in confirmation, and then looks at the others, then back at Maya. Harris adjusted himself, and looked at Maya. "Apparently we we're not loud enough, if the Trust views us as a threat... They would have sent something at us." Harris finds a spot to sit, and relaxes a little. "Were planning our next move against them really, sure Void has put salt, with gasoline, on a wound and set it ablaze. However, its been 40 years, and no steps were taken to improve everyone livelihood? Clearly someone rather bury the past, and commit genocide..." An idea struck him, and it put one hell of a grin on his face.

Harris turned towards Johnson, to explain the idea he just got in his head. "The Trust targets any mutants right? What if we made everyone a Mutant then? If Pumpkin wants control, and keep this a cover up, then developing a virus that triggers the Mutant gene, if any, would become a person with unique powers. Thus making the Trust target everyone."