Travelling the mojave

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Nerdygamerchick_20

Travelling the mojave

Post by Nerdygamerchick_20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:50 am

Hey everyone this RP is open to everyone and is set in fallout new Vegas I don't really have any rules . but I'm starting g it with my character leaving goodsprings.

Nerdygamerchick_20

Re: Travelling the mojave

Post by Nerdygamerchick_20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 am

[quote=Nerdygamerchick_20 post_id=153391 time=1513223445 user_id=4744]
Hey everyone this RP is open to everyone and is set in fallout new Vegas I don't really have any rules . but I'm starting g it with my character leaving goodsprings.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 am

(you may want to actually state that in character. I don't even know their gender, so I'll assume female from your username)

The heavy power armour hissed and steamed, it's fusion core all but depleted. Knight Dave stood at the edge of town, giving the command to open the frame. It didn't matter to him that there was someone leaving the settlement, he needed to get out. With clunking and clanging, the carapace withdrew itself and Knight Dave stepped back, and heaved a sigh. He was claustrophobic, and had been looking for any excuse to ditch the power armour. Reaching around, he pulled his laser rifle from the holster on the armour's left side, and readied it. Who knew when the raiders could strike. He walked around and put a hand up to the woman walking down the road. "Ho there, settler. This wouldn't happen to be Goodsprings, would it?"
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

Nerdygamerchick_20

Post by Nerdygamerchick_20 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm

*smiles* "Why yes it is , is there anything I can help you with stranger"

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 am

Knight Dave smiled back. "Well, I heard there was a particularily nasty band of raiders in the area. A band that we, the Brotherhood of Steel-" he gestured pointlessly, as if there was an invisible army around him, "-are currently in conflict with. I have been sent to set up an outpost, and wait for reinforcements. We would be in your debt if you could help."

[Quest Started: Help the Brotherhood of Steel]

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:13 am

(Meh, *Jumps into it*)

The Geiger counter within the powerarmor ticks once, then a few more times, as a petite figure approaches. Her hair is transparent, flows, even looks like water, although with a slight hit of green to it. She looks sickly, no doubt of the radiation poisoning of the Mojave desert (assuming that this is a Fallout reference with the power suit n' all). Her glowing teal eyes traverse the terrain for something, but she doesn't seem to have any luck, that is until they fall upon the two in-front of her, she paused for a second, then looks at the power armor suit, then back at the group.

She wanted to run, she has seen first hand what humanity had become, she didn't trust them anymore, but her curiosity also sparked her interest in the two. Kind of a weird mix of senses going though her mind right now, like fear, anxiety, hope, and curiosity. Eventually she topples over, fainting from exhaustion, and emotional overload as her hair splatters across the ground like water. A droplet lands on the suit, making the Geiger counter go nuts.

She isn't human, that's for sure...

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 am

"Jesus..." mutters the Knight, watching the girl approach. "She looks worse for wear. My suit's Geiger counter is still working, and..." He waved the pip-boy on his wrist towards the girl. *Click click click* "Yup. My pip boy's getting the same rad reading. Ideas?"

Orange Steel

Post by Orange Steel » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:37 am

The wind blew heavy over the rocks and stones of the mountain, lifting dirt, sand, and tumble weeds and tossing them around. The Sun was as bright as normal over the Mojave, beating down on it's occupants with a heat nearly unbearable. Up in the mountains behind Good Springs a faint clicking was heard, only audible if you were next to the sound. After a brief pause, a few more clicks sounded out. To an untrained ear it might sound like pebbles clicking against rocks or even some king of radscorpion whisper, but it was neither of those things. It was the sound of Windage and Elevation knobs being turned on the scope of a sniper.

Levi glared through the scope of his Anti-Materiel Rifle, a .50 Caliber sniper from a golden age before the war and wasteland. In his cross hairs he watched as the man in power armor stood and talked to a young female. Another approached them, very apparently a ghoul. From her posture and gear Levi assumed she wasn't feral, but still a possible threat. The duster Levi wore fluttered in the wind, flapping obnoxiously against his back as he stood behind a boulder. Underneath the wore the black and grey old war swat armor, and a Ranger Sequoia was strapped onto his hip. The red lenses of his helmet were almost a frightening sight, making him look almost demonic in the black and brown armor.

Slowly Levi sucked in a breath. He kept his sight on the Brotherhood Of Steel emblem on the chest of the power armored man. As the breath escaped his lungs, Levi squeezed the trigger. Before the firing pin could slam into the primer of the chambered round, his rifle footing slipped slightly. The bullet fired off, but scuffed off of the left shoulder plate of the man's armor.

Instantly recovering from the slip, Levi quickly slipped behind the large boulder he had been leaning against. "Fucking loose gravel," He muttered to himself as he hid himself. Instinctively his right hand dropped to his hip and un-holstered the revolver.
Growing up I thought quicksand would be a much bigger problem than it turned out to be.

~J. Mulaney

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:58 am

The water slowly starts to recollect towards the fainted creature, as her hair retakes its form around the scalp of girl. The gunshot had awoken her, but it's taking some time to gather her senses. Once her hair had reassembled itself, she looks up at the group as she staggers to gather her footing. She gets into a combat stance, at least tries too, she didn't want to die here, nor fight anyone. A water barrier appears around her, as she takes a more defensive role, though still showing signs of confusion, like who is attacking, and why.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:34 pm

"Shit!" Dave dove to the ground as a bullet scuffed his power armour's pauldron, then crawled his armour. Even without power, it would move, albeit much more slowly. Using it as cover, he hauled the access heavy plates out of the way, and entered it. His laser rifle hissed as he raised it, sending a wave of cover fire in the direction the bullet had come from, and his eyes scanned the area through the darkened HUD power armour's helmet. Without power, his scanners were offline, and the power armour HUD was only displaying the power core status: a painful reminder of how long it was going to take to get home.