The Tavern

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Orange Steel

The Tavern

Post by Orange Steel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:02 am

An old tavern stood, the only building for miles around, off a barren country road. Outside horses, cars, and electric speeders were tethered or parked outside. The lights from inside the tavern shone bright, eliminating any secrecy if any existed at all. The inside was roomier than it looked form the outside, tables and chairs were scattered around the floor. The bar area was beautifully furnished, bar stools made of some of the finest carpenters lay empty. Behind the beautiful cherry bar drinks of all kinds were placed on the wall, some glowing and others labeled like any old drink. The bartender had a glass in his hand, polishing it off. His red vest and dark handlebar mustache were almost too cliche, but he gave off a genuine smile beneath his thick facial hair. The bar was empty, but the bartender seemed to be expecting customers.

So this RP is just what it sounds like, an old tavern. But the drinks are free, the bartender is kind, and the people are from all over. Your character can be an old knight, or a futuristic outrun cop hunting replicants. Whatever character you can create is welcome, and you may even choose to fight each other if you choose. Don't get too out of hand otherwise the staff may have to break it up though. So be merry people and have a drink at the Good 'Ol Tavern!
Growing up I thought quicksand would be a much bigger problem than it turned out to be.

~J. Mulaney

Kirby
Silver

Re: The Tavern

Post by Kirby » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 am

A tall, dark figure slowly walked into the tavern, scanning his surroundings through narrowed golden eyes before continuing inside and making his way up to the bar area. Through his mask, he briefly peered at the bartender, his long bluish hair glinting in the tavern's light as he took a seat at one of the stools. "Greetings," he murmured coolly, his voice slightly deep, with a hint of a Spanish accent. "This is quite a lovely place you've got here indeed..." The handle of his golden sword shimmered in its sheathe at his side, just visible over the counter. The newcomer, a slight hint of a good-natured smile on his face, appeared to be a warrior of some kind, with his cape and armor. Perhaps even a tad knightlike...

Give me all your watermelons ♥

Orange Steel

Post by Orange Steel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 am

The barkeep glanced up at the man approached the Tavern. Eagerly the Bartender placed the glass and rag down. "It makes ends meet. Not many places like this anymore, I just do my best to keep her in working order." His eyes glanced to the sword sheathed at the mans hip. "Nice sword, by the way would you care for a drink?" The Bartender looked the man over more closely as he stood at the bar. His armor was blemished, but still well taken care of. Strangely the man's eyes were a deep yellow, reminiscent of a gold coin. The bartender shrugged, many strange people had come through with more peculiar aspects than golden eyes.
Growing up I thought quicksand would be a much bigger problem than it turned out to be.

~J. Mulaney

Kirby
Silver

Post by Kirby » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:14 am

The man rested his hand on the handle of his sword, bowing his head slightly. "Thank you. Galaxia has seen me through many a brutal battle, indeed." His golden eyes resting on the bartender inquisitively, he murmured, "Certainly. If you wouldn't mind, perhaps, telling me what you have on the menu?"

Orange Steel

Post by Orange Steel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:43 am

The bartender nodded his head as the sword's name slipped off this newcomer's tongue. "Beautiful name for such a fine weapon." Slowly the bartender turned to face the wall. "Well we have a large collection of Nordic ales, Scottish whisky, German beers, and Italian wine if you are looking for something more tame. We've also got a large assortment of Dwarven brews, and Elven spirits. If you are looking for an oil we have plenty of machine fluids, though you don't look much like a robot to me. And to finish it all off on the top shelf," The bartender tilted his head at the glowing liquid, "We have a few potions, though I've never personally had them. Only seen mages and monsters take a swig from them, and from their reactions I don't think the potions are for us mortal men."

~J. Mulaney

Deus Arctos

Post by Deus Arctos » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:26 am

After hitching up his chestnut colored horse, the stout dwarf headed inside of the tavern, gently closing the front doors behind him, as to not cause a ruckus upon entry. Once he was inside, the dwarf removed his olive green hood, revealing a large red beard with matching mohawk, a set of bright blue eyes, and a few scars adorning the male dwarf's face. He smiles softly and makes his way up toward the bar, taking a seat on a stool and letting out a light sigh. The Dwarf wore what appeared to be Ranger Garb, a large Dwarven hammer at his side, and a Dwarven metal shield at his back. "Ah, quite the long ride out of Koria. What have you, Barkeep?"
"Be cautious of Bears at all times, even when being Mauled by a tiger." -Craig Benzine

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:39 am

A woman strode briskly into the bar only a few moments after the dwarf did. She walked with purpose in her step and ferocity glowing in bright green eyes, which sternly analyzed the room as she sat down clear on the opposite end of the bar from the keeper and his patron. The woman was young, clearly in her mid-twenties, and she appeared to have a shroud of mystery, danger, and adventure all wrapped up about her. Her reddish-brown hair was messily tied up in a ponytail, frazzled by something unknown. The clothes she wore were vaguely torn and somewhat filthy - dirt marking it's entirety and scorch marks edging some holes around the cloak she wore. It became evident that she was not exactly the type of person that would be safe to hang around, judging by the dagger strapped to her belt and some of the bruises marking her face.

The woman banged her wrapped fist on the bar counter several times to get the attention of the bartender. Apparently, she was not the patient type either, as she gave no mind to the other two customers ordering. "Oi, bartender," she barked in a thick Scottish accent. "I'd like some of tha' whiskey if ye please."
She looked over her shoulder and at the door, grimy fingernails anxiously tapping the wooden counter. She was anxious, expecting something (or someone) to come through the front door. Perhaps the whiskey was meant to take an edge off. Even if it wasn't, it would certainly help her ease up some. Her eyes darted around the nearly empty bar, occasionally looking at the other man speaking to the bartender, and then the dwarf. There was a strong, accusing look in her eye.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."

Kirby
Silver

Post by Kirby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:06 am

The man, giving the two new arrivals nothing but a brief glance, had given a slightly intrigued look at the bartender's fourth option. "What type of red wines might you have?"

Orange Steel

Post by Orange Steel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 pm

The bartender glanced over the shelf. "We've got Old World and New world, there's a few here from Europe, and-" He was cut off by the sound of the door opening and closing. A ginger haired Dwarf strode up to the bar top. He was obviously a warrior, the large shield and hammer not being popular among the Dwarven builders of the area. "And we have Dragon's Blood red wine as well. I'll leave you to your decision while I help the others."

"Ah Koria, been a long time since I'd been down that way myself." The barkeep smiled and looked off for a moment. "What are you looking for? If you can think of the drink we probably have it." He eyed the Dwarf over again. The scars on his face were visible, some seemed to be decades old while others were still a little pink as though they had only just healed. A thudding noise seemed to catch the bartender off guard. He looked down the bar top and found a woman, anything but patient, starting him down. "Just a minuet, Ma'am," He called down to her. "So my friend, what'll it be?"

~J. Mulaney

Deus Arctos

Post by Deus Arctos » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 am

"If you have any dark Mead, it would be appreciated. As well as some food, meat and potatoes would do nicely." The dwarf said, placing some gold coins on the bartop, unsure of what the rates of goods were here in this rather interesting place.
"Be cautious of Bears at all times, even when being Mauled by a tiger." -Craig Benzine