Kirby's Kingdom~

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
odog811
Bronze
Location: Kirby's kingdom, eating Alexander's comfortable clothing and dumping his meds into trash cans

Re: Kirby's Kingdom~

Post by odog811 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:53 am

"I mean how far are you willing to go for a monster? If the beast's unable to be tamed and lizards fail as test subjects, I may have to use waddle dees." Alarik explained as he cracked the bones of his hand back into place.

----------

Eventually Ash started to screech a bit in pain, his now reinforced wing bones seemed to be slightly visible through his scales, which all seemed much closer to the bones now.

"YOU CAME TO THE WRONG HOUSE FOOL!"

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Tue May 05, 2020 2:31 am

Dedede's beak curved into a frown, and he glanced away as he drove back toward the castle. Sure, he usually took the loyalty of the Waddle Dees for granted, overworked them and sometimes didn't even pay them any mind, but... as he pictured Waddle Dees being captured, having potentially painful experiments run on them... something in his heart almost felt wrong, as if he couldn't bear to see something like that.

However, the king didn't show it. After a moment, he finally replied, "Er... s-sure, that's fine." He almost couldn't ignore the feeling of regret that flared up inside him as he said that. Maybe he'd gotten a bit more attached to the Waddle Dees than he thought. After all, besides Escargoon, they were the only ones who'd ever really been his friends.

All four halves of Landia were alerted by the screech. Acting as one, they all flew over to Ash in perfect unison and landed beside him, peering with worry to make sure he was okay.
———————————
☆ Self-Proclaimed Leader of the Off Topic Gang ☆
Image Image Image

odog811
Bronze
Location: Kirby's kingdom, eating Alexander's comfortable clothing and dumping his meds into trash cans

Post by odog811 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:01 am

"Hmmm, that silence you almost kept intrigues me, I'll keep it volunteers only, hell, I'll promise them strength and pay increases in exchange for volunteering, can't have the population panicking over unexplained disappearances." He chuckled, it didn't take a genius, or even what could be considered an immortal, to know when someone glances away, it at least meant something.

------------

Most of the pain seemed to be from how his nerves seemed to almost squished, forming miniscule lines. As he finished, his tail's scales seemed to be tight around it's bones, barely doing anything to hide them.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Tue May 05, 2020 3:21 am

Dedede looked slightly relieved, his attempts to hide it in vain. "All right," he agreed. If any Dees volunteered to be test subjects, that was their problem, not his.

As he drove over the drawbridge and back into the castle, Dedede stopped the car and hopped out, landing on the stone floor with a loud thump. "Now let's drag this demon-beast back to your lab before it wakes up."

The four dragons, who technically shared one mind despite being able to act independently, all observed how much more skeletal Ash looked overall, blinking in unison. They seemed to finally realize in that moment that he wasn't a normal wyvern, and mirrored surprised expressions on all four of their faces.
———————————
Image Image Image

odog811
Bronze

Post by odog811 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:46 am

"... and we need another cage" He sighed, scratching behind the beast's ears before helping to drag the creature, upon entering the lab, the experiment currently contained let out humanoid shrieks and groans, only slightly garbled. "It likely won't like our catch, or, whatever humanity is left in him will have him like it" Alarik explained, glancing to the red beast.

----------------------

After a bit, Ash started to fall silent, just shaking as he laid down. His nerves seemed to become less and less visible as he calmed down, but he still shook, still feeling pain all over his body.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Sun May 10, 2020 5:00 am

Once they were situated in the lab, Dedede poked his head out into the hallway and signaled to a quartet of Waddle Dees who were outside the lab. "You four. Go downstairs and get that steel cage for powerful demon-beasts I have stored," he ordered. The Dees nodded and scurried off to get the cage.

Glancing at Alarik, he explained, "I have my own lab too. Well, Escargoon uses it more than me, but still. I've invented a few things in my free time too, specifically a couple of items meant for battle."

After a little while, the Waddle Dees returned, carrying a large steel cage between them. They set the cage inside the lab, then turned and left.

They were right in time, because right as they put the cage down, the Wolfwrath began to open its eyes, blinking groggily. The creature tried to sit up, but the sedative hadn't worn off quite enough for it to get its balance back, so it ended up falling back on its side with a grunt.
———————————
Image Image Image

odog811
Bronze

Post by odog811 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:54 am

The doctor scratched behind the creature's ears through the bars, tossing it something to chew on for the pain in it's jaws afterwards. "Hey big guy, how's it going?" He seemed to peep, wanting to get this subject used to him. As he would need this one calm in order to get samples.

"How would you feel about a pack of feathered dragons being used as monsters exactly hmm? may need to allow more funds to getting access to more subjects like this, but we could make the effort sustainable." He asked, soon crouching down as if to check something about the wolfwrath before standing back up.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Mon May 11, 2020 3:11 am

Dedede nodded at the consideration. "I like the sound of it," he replied. "A dragon of any kind would be pretty powerful anyway."

As the grogginess gradually wore off, the Wolfwrath sat up, and immediately became aware of the pain it felt in its jaws. The creature gave a sharp yelp and shook its head, jumping to its paws. It tried to run off in the other direction, but found itself slamming into the bars of the cage instead.

After being stunned for a brief moment, the wolf-like beast took a step back to review her new surroundings. She was in a cage, where she had enough room to pace back and forth a short distance, but not much more than that. She was in unfamiliar surroundings, where nothing looked recognizable.

Her ears flattening, the Wolfwrath crouched and let out an angry, frightened sound that was somewhere between the snarl of a wildcat, the bark of a dog and the screech of a banshee. She then launched herself at the side of the cage and stood upright on her hind legs, slashing the steel bars with her massive claws to no avail.
———————————
Image Image Image

odog811
Bronze

Post by odog811 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:04 am

The experiment near her cage huffed and let out a bubbly wheeze, being in full view on that side, it appeared to be fleshy and bloodied up, actually showing some bits of scarring and one wound from a recent injection.

"We'll need to get her calmed down, especially if we want proceedures to go well, as I'm deciding to use it's species as a base, if you could find a winged volunteer, I suggest we use a DNA sample from them, as you do appear incapable of flight." Alarik explained, going through his bag to get some coin before adding, "Unless you want to go out and buy meat for these two."

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Mon May 11, 2020 4:22 am

Dedede's mouth twitched. "Yeah, curse of the species. I don't know of any penguin that can fly. Well, I could probably find a winged subject." Dedede thought for a minute. "I'll see what I can find. Anything to not have to help feed those two." With that, he exited the lab to begin his search.

Meanwhile, the Wolfwrath noticed the experiment's condition, and this only intensified her panic. She proceeded to slash at the cage and throw herself into it, letting out more of those odd snarl-bark-screeches as she did so.
———————————
Image Image Image